Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 28 Mar 2000, 14:25 (Ref:5114)   #1
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
According to Don Panoz there are certain things that sportscar fans are looking for. High technology race cars, driver talent, close racing between contenders, and viewing comfort. He has gained rave reviews from most of the auto racing press for his improvements to Sebring and looks to make the same improvements at Mosport next. The additions of more spectator viewing mounds, increased toilet facilities, additional food vendors, and a multi-story hotel and hospitality facility have turned the rundown Naval Air Station race track into a proper race track that fans are willing to attend.

Another project that Panoz is working on with the French Motorsport Federation is a multi-use facility in Lodove, near Montpelier. If the project goes through it will house a road course, 1.3 mile oval, and a drag strip. This would be a unique facility on the European continent.

Panoz has also stated that he is not interested in forming a Global LeMans series as much as he is interested in improving the American LeMans Series. He also states that he is not interested in battling with CART and NASCAR over race fans and venues. He is simply trying to fill the void that sportscar racing had fallen to in America.

This comes from an interview with Panoz in the National Speed Sport News.
Old 28 Mar 2000, 15:46 (Ref:5115)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Don Panoz is a god send in my book..I have never been into sportscars that much but when it basically disappeared in the late 80's early 90's i was pretty annoyed at how they could let this class just fall by the wayside..Im not saying that Panoz is the only guy to help bring it back to what it should be but since he has come onto the scene the sport certainly has attracted more of a following which includes myself and now i have internet access Im able to enjoy the sport more than what I normally would be able to.

well done Don Panoz for putting your money into the sport as the slogan says "FOR THE FANS"
Old 28 Mar 2000, 15:54 (Ref:5116)   #3
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What marcus said.

Why isn't there more guys like this in the sport ? Too many Ecclestone clones If Mr P were interested in spreading his wings a little, he could work wonders with CART or even F1...
Old 28 Mar 2000, 21:51 (Ref:5117)   #4
Bluebottle
Veteran

United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Bluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBluebottle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don Panoz running F1, what an interesting concept- front-engined cars with a thundering exhaust sound, I like this game.......