Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 27 Feb 2003, 16:36 (Ref:519408)   #1
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How Do I........?

Seeing as I can't do the Canadian GP in June, I thought I'd try my luck at Indy in September!
Does anyone know who I need to contact please?
Old 28 Feb 2003, 09:59 (Ref:520250)   #2
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Yes, no problems there Mark, got the paperwork from USAC in the last week or so. I won't be using it because I found the Canadian event so much better that I decided my annual trip to North America would not be Indy.

Saying that tho, Indy is a place you've got to see to believe, but then the prices for accomodation also have to be seen to be believed.

Expect to pay half as much again as you would for the trip to Montreal.
Because -
no direct flights into town
pricey accomodation, no, make that VERY pricey accomodation
no public transport system that a sane person would use
means you have to hire a car

Likely that a few brits are still going to do it. Racegypsy's probably the biggest suspect from this bunch - maybe Stoowert?

Drop me an email or a PM with yr address and I'll forward my USAC invite on to you next week.
Old 2 Mar 2003, 02:11 (Ref:522003)   #3
cdn girl
Rookie

cdn girl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Contact Bob Pierson at P pierson@twmi.rr.com
Thay are looking for new people.I'm not going this year either too expensive.Montreal is alot cheaper so that will be my major trip this year.Besides I gotta save for a major trip next year.
Old 5 Mar 2003, 20:03 (Ref:525979)   #4
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
find the indianapolis chamber of commerce home page and they have lists of private houses people will rent out during races. When I went I stayed in this ladies basement it was much cheaper and closer to the track than any hotel. And watch out for the yellow shirts at the track. They are the fan control people who think they have power but don't so they are angry a lot.
Old 6 Mar 2003, 10:42 (Ref:526465)   #5
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks guys - I have contacted Pat Pierson who is sending me some stuff. Apparently USAC are trying to hire a Hotel near the circuit and hoping to subsidise the cost of marshals who need to stay there!