Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 18 Nov 2022, 07:34 (Ref:4134095)   #651
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Michael "Creesy" Crees has offers from Team Hard and PMR and has been talking to Speedworks too apparently.
If Crees is talking to Speedworks, that might be an indication that the rumours of Toyota departing are true, and Speedworks are on the hunt for drivers who will bring more budget or that they are having to downscale their ambitions.
Old 18 Nov 2022, 19:34 (Ref:4134159)   #652
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting BRDC Superstars article in Autosport by Jake Hill, which he basically says he’ll only drive for WSR in BTCC, but sounds like deals pretty close with MB to continue.
Old 19 Nov 2022, 19:14 (Ref:4134275)   #653
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by aland View Post
squad of btcc drivers to race f1 stockcars this weekend.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3Sm48aEW0g
Looks like Bobby Thompson took the win.
Old 20 Nov 2022, 10:44 (Ref:4134357)   #654
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Doesn't surprise me, seems Bobby is of the tough old school racers
Old 23 Nov 2022, 07:57 (Ref:4134576)   #655
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone got any idea of upcoming driver or new car announcements? The Excelr8 new driver announcement seemed to just appear without any buildup or teasing.

BTC Racing perhaps building towards an announcement? Posts yesterday on their social media channels.

I recall Motorbase were very early with their NAPA sponsorship announcement and new drivers for 2022.

Any clues from those close to drivers/teams that have a hint of news and what’s coming and when?

Last edited by Millvi; 23 Nov 2022 at 08:04.
Old 23 Nov 2022, 08:06 (Ref:4134577)   #656
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
Any clues from those close to drivers/teams that have a hint of news and what’s coming and when
Unfortunately, any indication from someone with information could result in a team changing their release schedule.

Last season was ripe with examples of where a planned announcement was amended because of hints and suggestions being made.
Old 23 Nov 2022, 08:13 (Ref:4134579)   #657
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
BTC Racing perhaps building towards an announcement? Posts yesterday on their social media channels.
Jason Plato in Josh Cook's race suit?

Old 23 Nov 2022, 20:00 (Ref:4134650)   #658
teabag1993
Rookie

teabag1993 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Jason Plato in Josh Cook's race suit?

Taken back when BTC hadn't got their livery or kits sorted yet I'd say, it took them a while to get that together.

Plato even had to wear one of his old Subaru suits at the beginning of the year.
Old 24 Nov 2022, 08:40 (Ref:4134699)   #659
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I wonder if we will see a surprise in the BTC team? Wonder if they have got a new car in line?

Plato wearing his old suit says to me the budget might not have been that big at the beginning of the season
Old 28 Nov 2022, 07:40 (Ref:4135108)   #660
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Any clues from those close to drivers/teams that have a hint of news and what’s coming and when?
We are in the last few days for registration now, so you can expect the TBL list to be published soon....
Old 28 Nov 2022, 08:56 (Ref:4135119)   #661
S griffin
Veteran

We already have three drivers confirmed with Hyundai, so there's a start
Old 28 Nov 2022, 09:34 (Ref:4135131)   #662
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
We already have three drivers confirmed with Hyundai, so there's a start
Plus two at Motorbase, one at HARD. and one at PMR.

2022 TBL Team Car Driver Status Jack Sears
EXCELR8-1Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback NIngram Confirmed in press release Inel.
EXCELR8-2Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback NChilton Confirmed in press release Inel.
EXCELR8-3Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.com Hyundai i30 Fastback NLloyd?Talked about being confident of 2023 drive Inel.
EXCELR8-4Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback NHalsteadConfirmed in press releaseElig.
Team Dynamics-1Halfords/Cataclean?Civic?Shedden?Talked about next year with the teamInel.
Team Dynamics-2Halfords/Cataclean?Civic?Rowbottom?Talked about next year with the teamInel.
Aiden Moffat-1Laser Tools????Moffat?Infiniti described as being end of life by the teamInel.
Aiden Moffat-2Laser Tools???????Infiniti described as being end of life by the team???
Motorbase-1NAPA Racing???Sutton Confirmed as 3-year deal in press release, talk of new build carInel.
Motorbase-2NAPA Racing???Cammish Confirmed as 3-year deal in press release, talk of new build carInel.
Motorbase-3??????Osborne?Talked about looking forward to next year with the teamElig.
Motorbase-4     
HARD.-1HARD. Cupra Taylor-Smith Confirmed as multi-year in press release Inel.
HARD.-2HARD. CupraThompson? Talked about his next year in the car Inel.
HARD.-3HARD. CupraHamilton? Talked about his next year in the car Inel.
Speedworks-1Toyota Gazoo Racing UK?Corolla?Butcher?Talked about wanting another year with the teamInel.
Speedworks-2     
WSR-1     
WSR-2     
WSR-3 MB Motorsport?BMW 330e?Hill?Talked about being back next year in the same teamInel.
Ciceley-1     
Ciceley-2     
PMR-1PMRAstra? Hand Confirmed as multi-year in press release Elig.
PMR-2     
BTC-1 Rich Energy BTC Racing??????? Reported as considering a new build???
BTC-2 Rich Energy BTC Racing??????? Reported as considering a new build???
BTC-3 Rich Energy BTC Racing??????? Reported as considering a new build???
Boardley-1??????Boardley? Has described 2022 as a sabbatical Elig.
Boardley-2     
TOCA-1     
TOCA-2     
TOCA-3     
???Graves Motorsport????Max Coates? Outlined plans for an entry in 2021Elig.
???Parker Motorsport?Alfa Giulia????Press release states a planned return after hybrid is introduced???
???Parker Motorsport?Alfa Giulia????Press release states a planned return after hybrid is introduced???
???     
???MB Motorsport??????Talked about a 2-car entry for 2023???
???Bert Taylor Racing?????? Talked about getting a TBL for 2023 ???
?????????Proctor? Has described 2022 as a sabbatical Inel.
?????????Smelt? Has described 2022 as a sabbatical Elig.
???VolvoKiaT.Harvey Rumoured in threads every year, has to be true one day Inel.
Old 28 Nov 2022, 10:01 (Ref:4135133)   #663
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.btcc.net/2022/11/28/cice...btcc-departure

Didn’t see this coming.
Old 28 Nov 2022, 10:08 (Ref:4135134)   #664
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Morgan to WSR...
Old 28 Nov 2022, 10:12 (Ref:4135135)   #665
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Very interesting, lots of questions where do the cars go, where will Morgan end up...????
Old 28 Nov 2022, 10:17 (Ref:4135136)   #666
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Morgan to WSR...
Yes, taking his 3 Series with him I’d imagine!
Old 28 Nov 2022, 10:21 (Ref:4135137)   #667
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Or just off to historics and selling the cars?
Old 28 Nov 2022, 10:27 (Ref:4135138)   #668
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
It seems from the article that Ciceley is off to historics, and Adam intends to stay in the BTCC.

The obvious conclusion is the MB Motorsport 2-car entry with Adam Morgan and Jake Hill.
Old 28 Nov 2022, 10:32 (Ref:4135140)   #669
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Yeah sorry missed that in the article.
Old 28 Nov 2022, 10:58 (Ref:4135143)   #670
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
Had a feeling we might see a team drop out this year, hopefully it's a door open for another to come in.

If Morgan is accounted for in leaving or going to MB / WSR, guess that makes Gamble an attractive driver on the market.
Old 28 Nov 2022, 11:01 (Ref:4135144)   #671
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Morgan to WSR...
Not sure I read the article that way. He talks about the BTCC being to much with three young kids. I'd see him in British GT to be honest.
Old 28 Nov 2022, 11:03 (Ref:4135145)   #672
Millvi
Racer

Quote:
It seems from the article that Ciceley is off to historics, and Adam intends to stay in the BTCC.

The obvious conclusion is the MB Motorsport 2-car entry with Adam Morgan and Jake Hill.
Yes, I could see that happening as well. I hope it does, I'd like to see Adam Morgan remain in the BTCC.
Old 28 Nov 2022, 11:06 (Ref:4135146)   #673
Millvi
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post
Not sure I read the article that way. He talks about the BTCC being to much with three young kids. I'd see him in British GT to be honest.
Changing from running your own team to essentially an 'arrive and drive' deal will hopefully keep Adam Morgan in the BTCC.
Old 28 Nov 2022, 11:26 (Ref:4135148)   #674
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post
I can see how the article can be read either way. I took the 'being too much' as being about running a team as well as driving:
"Running a team is a full-time job and Caroline has more than a full-time job looking after the ‘ankle biters’."

But it could be a full departure....
Old 28 Nov 2022, 11:31 (Ref:4135149)   #675
tocatrucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Lane 1 of the A1M
tocatrucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
But it could be a full departure....
This. A couple of times this year he said privately things to confirm as such.