Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 3 Sep 2002, 16:17 (Ref:372204)   #1
crazytrain
Racer

crazytrain should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tracy signed, Carpentier about to sign with players

Tsn.CA is reporting that Tracy has signed with players for 2 years a few hours after the Denver race. Carpentier is also close may even sign in the next few days. Players haven't announced PT signed because they want Carpentier signed up first. So it will be a 3 car team Tags Carpentier, and PT. Apparently once tabaco sponsorship runs dry Forsyth will find other sponsors and keep all its drivers.
Old 3 Sep 2002, 16:20 (Ref:372209)   #2
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HURRAH! That was all being hinted at madly at Montreal so I'm glad it is all settled.

But is it scary to have Tags and PT on the same team or what?
Old 3 Sep 2002, 16:23 (Ref:372212)   #3
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
"A published report Tuesday said Tracy had already signed a contract and that Carpentier would do the same later this week, but Player's spokesman Francois Cartier said no deals had yet been reached."

"Tracy has said he wants a car with a Lola chassis, but Player's Forsythe technical director Bruce Ashmore said the team will try to convince the aggressive Toronto pilot to use the team's Reynard cars."

Now I guess we're justing waiting for any word concerning a fourth car...
Old 3 Sep 2002, 16:49 (Ref:372242)   #4
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fantastic!

Any idea who the fourth driver would be?

Players want the title in their final year right so are they funding all 3 and the possible 4th cars or are there other sponsors?
Old 3 Sep 2002, 16:58 (Ref:372249)   #5
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Concerning the "fourth car", I was semi-jokingly referring to Villeneuve.
Old 3 Sep 2002, 17:41 (Ref:372280)   #6
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ecclestone said that "everything was possible" referring to Villeneuve. He was rumoured to go to Toyota, but I don't think there's any truth to that...
Old 3 Sep 2002, 23:08 (Ref:372593)   #7
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Michael Valiante?
Old 3 Sep 2002, 23:13 (Ref:372599)   #8
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
No. Players is planning on buying a championship next year. They no longer have a reason to promote Canadian drivers, as it's not going to do them any good. Unless if they truly feel that Valiante can suit up and outscore Tracy, I'm afraid that his future is not with Forsythe.
Old 3 Sep 2002, 23:45 (Ref:372629)   #9
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was PT chased into Forsythe's tent after the Denver race by Barry Green wielding a plank with a rusty nail sticking through it?

Good news by any standard.
Old 4 Sep 2002, 04:13 (Ref:372701)   #10
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great news if PT has signed with players and I just knew Carpentier was going to re-sign with Players...

Players will now have a formidable team of Canadian drivers, all fast and experienced and capable of winning races.
Old 4 Sep 2002, 14:49 (Ref:373084)   #11
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It'll certainly be a team to watch, being one of the few fully experienced teams, and using the Reynard whcih ahs been quick this year, although infighting between the English- and French-Canadian factions is possible (maybe Liz or Macdaddy can fill me in on relations there?)
Old 4 Sep 2002, 15:50 (Ref:373099)   #12
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
No, that shouldn't be a problem. The Eng/Fr thing is more of a "group mentality".
Old 4 Sep 2002, 16:17 (Ref:373109)   #13
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
True. It's more of a joke among individuals. I see by the latest in the Sun today that PT has given up the request for a Lola and that the two-year contract guarantee has got both his and Patrick's attention. I expect something to be announced any day.
Old 4 Sep 2002, 17:54 (Ref:373165)   #14
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope Forsythe can find a sponsor to back the team in '04. OTOH, if they win the '03 championship, hopefully the job will be easier? Do you think the fact that Tracy will be racing for the team will be a significant advantage or disadvantage for Forsythe?? I think yellow and red go great together. McDonalds, McDonalds, McDonalss!!
Ditto for Red/white, but that's already taken!! OTOH, if Players allocated a budget assuming that JV would race for them and JV is not coming back, I guess they can afford a 3 or even 4 car team!!!

Hey, I thought the CART rules don't allow a team more than 2 cars? Or are they waiving those rules under the present IRL/CART competitive circumstances? Or didn't someone say there's no car limit, but you can only have 1 vote, irrespective of the number of cars you own?

Can you imagine what would happen if JV did a suprise move and signed? Could '03 be the year of the CANADIAN DREAM TEAM???

Last edited by kmchow; 4 Sep 2002 at 17:58.
Old 4 Sep 2002, 18:27 (Ref:373189)   #15
Emfa
Veteran

Australia
Colorado Springs
Emfa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by kmchow
Can you imagine what would happen if JV did a suprise move and signed? Could '03 be the year of the CANADIAN DREAM TEAM???
Ha!
Dream on Canadian people! Next year will be Scott Dixon's year.
Old 4 Sep 2002, 22:27 (Ref:373362)   #16
Liz
Veteran

He'll still have to get by Bruno.

Kool Green have three cars now, remember Team Mikey is "part" of TKG. I think it depends on how you shuffle them around. And also Ganassi has three cars, although usually not for an entire race.
Old 5 Sep 2002, 00:55 (Ref:373456)   #17
slicktoast
Veteran

slicktoast should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Three or four car team! It makes sense if PT Burn'em has signed on. Unless of course the unthinkable happens and the whole team is taken out while diving for the shrinking hole.