Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 3 Oct 2007, 15:07 (Ref:2029940)   #1
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
STCC 2008 Off-season: News & Rumours

So, another season comes to an end, and while we're looking ahead for next season things are already starting to happend behind the scenes. Most news will end up on stcc.se and touringcartimes.com sooner or later, but I though I'd might as well start a topic in here to keep you all updated.

As earlier reported, a cityrace in Gothenburg seems highly likely for next year.
When we get a full confirmation on this race is only a matter of time.
The rumored race in downtown Stockholm is looking at earliest 2009.

The KMS Audi team is looking to build new cars for next season based on the newly announced A4 B8. Decition about building this car needs to come soon to have time to build the car in time for next season, otherwise they'll have to do with the current car for another season.
This should also release 3 (possibly 4?) very competetive cars on the market that I'd imagine many would be interested in, Audis are already running in Finnland, so could those go to BTCC or will they stay in a new team in STCC, Nordic Fine Art with Picko Troberg maybe?

MS Sport with Tobias Johansson are also looking at building new cars for next season, either that or they will stay with the current car, but then it will only be a one car team sadly. Theres been interests from Italy and Danmark on the current cars.

Jens Edman is looking for a return home to STCC again, where will he end up? 2nd seat at Chevy sounds very likely to me.

Opel Team Sweden and Tommy Rustad? Winner of the STCC finale at Mantorp, time to buy a new S2000 car from VX Racing and really get things going?

Flash Engineering will most likely stay as it is, Göransson and Flash as drivers, I'd imagine, or what do you say Meissner?

WCR to keep Ekblom and Rudholm? Ekblom will race the last 2 races in WTCC and have been in the talk with different teams but staying at WCR seems likely, only a full time top drive in WTCC could top it, lets see what BMW Team UK think about him after Macau.

Polestar to keep Dahlgren, but what about Stockenfeldt? Won his first STCC race earlier this season. Will they stay with the S60 or will they be let loose on the C30? What about the WTCC rumores?

KMS, as reported looking for a new car, Björk and Kristoffersson likely to stay as drivers, but will Stippler want to stay another season after all missfortune?

Jocke Frid wants to step up from Caran Cup to a full blown STCC assault, will he start a new team or will an existing team pick him up? 2nd driver in Opel Team Sweden with new cars?

Now, will you fill in all the blanks, Meissner?
Old 3 Oct 2007, 15:29 (Ref:2029947)   #2
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
PorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPorscheFanNo1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Heres a few more thoughts about next season:

Crawford racing with Rolsenblad and Eje Elgh skipped this season to build up for a fullblown assault on the 2008 STCC title with a 2 car team, its been awfully quiet about this, is it still going to happend?

Engström Motorsport to keep the JAS Accord even tho JAS pulled out of WTCC a long time ago? Maybe its time to buy a Civic from Team Dynamics?

Sturesson to keep racing on the 407, even tho he's had an awful season with it where everything that can go wrong has gone wrong? It has been very fast at times, must be said.

Nordic Fine Art with Eriksson and Lestrup to race on? And will the team get new cars?

Andersson to keep racing the Red Madonna?

David Björk to buy a E90?

Any other drivers or teams to make an entry to the scene? Smetsky? Mörth? Rydell?!?

Oh, and I almost forgot! STCC to be aired live on Swedish National Television next season!

Last edited by PorscheFanNo1; 3 Oct 2007 at 15:32.
Old 3 Oct 2007, 16:40 (Ref:2030005)   #3
Ellmau
Racer

Ellmau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheFanNo1
Flash Engineering will most likely stay as it is, Göransson and Flash as drivers, I'd imagine, or what do you say Meissner?
He'll probably say Flash and Meissner as drivers :') In his dreams...
Old 3 Oct 2007, 16:55 (Ref:2030014)   #4
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hehe...

As for Flash Engineering it looks like Flash and Göransson will be the drivers next year. But things can change quickly.

As for the others:

Audi: Things will happen here. I think we have three scenarios. New A4, no Audis at all or the Audi team going to another make.

Volvo: Rumor has it that a three year deal will be newly signed, with the C30 being developed.

WCR: Ekblom has said that he would like to stay and WCR have a strong plan for the future to my knowledge.
Old 3 Oct 2007, 16:59 (Ref:2030018)   #5
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Sturesson to keep racing on the 407, even tho he's had an awful season with it where everything that can go wrong has gone wrong? It has been very fast at times, must be said.
Didn´t he say on Race yesterday that he was looking to build a new car? Or was it someone els who said that?

Quote:

Jens Edman is looking for a return home to STCC again, where will he end up? 2nd seat at Chevy sounds very likely to me.
Do you read racingbar.com? When looking at what Karlssons team manager is saying, I get the feeling that they have a pretty unique economical plan built completly around the current situation in the team. This might mean that it´s hard for them to race a second car. Hope I´m wrong though and that they get their stuff together for next season!
Old 3 Oct 2007, 17:20 (Ref:2030035)   #6
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink
Didn´t he say on Race yesterday that he was looking to build a new car? Or was it someone els who said that?
Torén: "Blir de en ny bil till nästa år?"
Sturesson: "Ja de tror ja, japp."
Torén: "Va kul, då ses vi då!"
Sturesson: "Ja de gör vi."

So what could that be? A new Pug? SEAT? BMW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink
Do you read racingbar.com? When looking at what Karlssons team manager is saying, I get the feeling that they have a pretty unique economical plan built completly around the current situation in the team. This might mean that it´s hard for them to race a second car. Hope I´m wrong though and that they get their stuff together for next season!
No I dont, but I remember they said they aimed for a 2 car team for 2008 earlier this year.

About KMS, I get a feeling the talk about changing from Audi is only an empty threat to get things to hurry up from the Audi head quarters. They've been running Audi for 20 years, and 10 years in STCC, everything they have is built up around Audi, knowledge, sponsors, relations, everything. So changing to something else would be a damn big adjustment. If they dont get the go ahead to build the A4 B8 I do think they'll stay with the current cars and push even harder for new cars for 2009. Cause their biggest enemy now is time, they need to hurry up!

Last edited by PorscheFanNo1; 3 Oct 2007 at 17:22.
Old 3 Oct 2007, 17:36 (Ref:2030051)   #7
Supermankan1
Rookie

Sweden
Sweden
Supermankan1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tobias Tegelby wants to step up from Caran Cup and compete in the big class next year. We´ll see how that goes.

And also, will that mean a new car?
Old 3 Oct 2007, 17:59 (Ref:2030068)   #8
Ellmau
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMeissner
Volvo: Rumor has it that a three year deal will be newly signed, with the C30 being developed.
Old 3 Oct 2007, 18:05 (Ref:2030074)   #9
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMeissner
Audi: Things will happen here. I think we have three scenarios. New A4, no Audis at all or the Audi team going to another make.
KMS switching to SEAT? But I hope KMS stays with Audi.
Old 3 Oct 2007, 18:11 (Ref:2030079)   #10
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

No I dont, but I remember they said they aimed for a 2 car team for 2008 earlier this year.
Nice!
Old 3 Oct 2007, 18:35 (Ref:2030108)   #11
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
This should also release 3 (possibly 4?) very competetive cars on the market that I'd imagine many would be interested in, Audis are already running in Finnland, so could those go to BTCC or will they stay in a new team in STCC, Nordic Fine Art with Picko Troberg maybe?
No Audis here anymore. LMS sold two ex-KMS cars into RTCC after 2005 season.
Old 3 Oct 2007, 18:41 (Ref:2030115)   #12
PorscheFanNo1
Veteran

Sweden
Winner's Circle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valker
No Audis here anymore. LMS sold two ex-KMS cars into RTCC after 2005 season.
Ah yes, very true.
Old 4 Oct 2007, 07:42 (Ref:2030543)   #13
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would not be surprised if Stureson stays with Peugeot as they are planning to introduce the 207 spider championship as a supportclass to STCC.
Old 4 Oct 2007, 08:45 (Ref:2030591)   #14
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yeah, but he can't do much with this car, it's oldish and he can't get comparisons with top teams from WTCC or other drivers from different championships. There is no way he will perform better in it next year.
Old 4 Oct 2007, 10:29 (Ref:2030670)   #15
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
But as stated above, Stureson is looking to get a new car.
Old 4 Oct 2007, 10:38 (Ref:2030674)   #16
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, IPS or the old Peugeot Sport Danmark boys can always build a new one.

In JTCC, I'm surprised to see that Red Bull & Mattias Ekström will be putting an Audi A3 on the grid for next year. The car will be run by Eljas Motorsport (who ran Golfs this year, and were closing down after loosing their main sponsor) and driven by Simon Reinberth. Rickard Javanainen will probably move up from Renault Junior Cup to JTCC with an Engström Civic I believe.
Old 4 Oct 2007, 14:53 (Ref:2030951)   #17
Robbe
Veteran

Germany
Germany
Robbe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rickard Javanainen? Wow! I know him, we've played RACE-The WTCC game in one team, but I've beaten him, maybe I should get into JTCC

On topic: I've read some weeks ago in german newspaper "Motorsport Aktuell" that Tommy Rustad would go back to Rallycross...
Old 4 Oct 2007, 15:24 (Ref:2030980)   #18
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Indeed he is...

But at the press conference at Mantorp when he won it seemed as if he rather would like to stay next year...
Old 10 Oct 2007, 12:50 (Ref:2036836)   #19
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Polestar & Volvo will reveal their new car tomorrow. It'll be exciting to see if it's the C30 (would make sense) or a new version of the S60 (makes less sense, but they've got loads of experience with it).
Old 10 Oct 2007, 15:19 (Ref:2036938)   #20
Ellmau
Racer

I'm praying to god, allah and all other forms that are worshipped that it's going to be the S60!
Old 10 Oct 2007, 17:54 (Ref:2037057)   #21
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why it can't be S40?
Old 12 Oct 2007, 11:36 (Ref:2038438)   #22
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
On the market too long already, by the time its competative it'll be due for replacement.
Old 12 Oct 2007, 17:40 (Ref:2038688)   #23
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
And for marketing reasons the C30 is probably the best choice.
Old 12 Oct 2007, 18:44 (Ref:2038730)   #24
Ellmau
Racer

Well, it's the best marketing reason because it's the newest "suitable" car.
Old 25 Oct 2007, 16:51 (Ref:2051290)   #25
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
New driver for the Chevrolet next year?

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=1560

Problems for Audi getting the new A4 in S2000 spec' due to the DTM A4?

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=1565
Closed Thread