Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Mar 2009, 15:43 (Ref:2417474)   #1
Dalek
Rookie

Dalek should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anglia 105E dash pod

Hi

Sorry i don't know if i have posted this in the correct section but...

I'm looking for a dash pod like the one in these pictures.

Anybody help or point me in the right direction ?

Kind Regards
Craig
Old 17 Mar 2009, 16:56 (Ref:2417531)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'd suggest the Classic Cars section but its a bit quiet in there. IIRC you bought those from any car accessory shop. But they were possibly made by/for Les Smith in the 60's.
Old 17 Mar 2009, 18:21 (Ref:2417620)   #3
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Why is she wearing a crash helmet? :-)
Old 17 Mar 2009, 19:44 (Ref:2417699)   #4
grp2viva
Rookie

grp2viva should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anita Taylor, Ford works driver late 60's till early 70's. Was on a program about the Dagenham car plant on BBC4 last week. Some good period race coverage too.

Darren
Old 17 Mar 2009, 20:15 (Ref:2417716)   #5
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Yes I see it and the bit about her, she had the hump because they wanted her as a piece of glamour for these type of silly shots (crash helmet but no roll cage or race overalls etc) instead of taking her seriously as a race driver bit typical of the period i am afraid in fact I was spannering for a very glamorous Dutch lady driver about the same period and even had an interview in a teen girl mag!
Old 18 Mar 2009, 07:16 (Ref:2418019)   #6
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Dash Panel is more than likely frim what was Ripspeed,possibly still available but easy enough to replicate in Ally sheet.You could find something similar in DTs boy-racer catalog?
Old 18 Mar 2009, 08:23 (Ref:2418049)   #7
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
'Arry Moss? Smiths? I'm suprised Dalek hasn't found out from the oracle that is 105speed if its a bespoke Anglia thing?

Anita Taylor was a fast fox in an Anglia, I'm sure she embarassed many a macho 'racing driver'
Old 18 Mar 2009, 08:29 (Ref:2418055)   #8
Dalek
Rookie

Hi Joe

Thought i would ask on here first m8, you guys are really into your old racecar stuff

I was actually hoping somebody would say they had one tucked away somewhere !

Talking of 105speed, i havn't seen you posting on there for ages ?

Cheers
Craig
Old 18 Mar 2009, 10:25 (Ref:2418138)   #9
ANDY J
Rookie

ANDY J should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Try a search on team deville the guys name is Tom and he makes a lot of stuff for Anglias hope this helps Andy
Old 18 Mar 2009, 10:29 (Ref:2418143)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Who Tom Lailley Deville? You might get to him through the cTCRC.
Old 18 Mar 2009, 11:50 (Ref:2418190)   #11
Dalek
Rookie

I've tried Tom already, no luck.

Good idea though :-)
Old 18 Mar 2009, 11:56 (Ref:2418194)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Just a thought. What about Old Ford Garage in Berkshire?
Old 18 Mar 2009, 13:00 (Ref:2418240)   #13
Dalek
Rookie

Tried them as well m8

Looks like i either have to find out who made it origionally and look for one, or get an old one , or get a copy of one

Or even better get a hold of somebody that worked for Broadspeed and knew what they were in the first place. In house, bought off shelf etc.

All rather difficult i'd think

Cheers
Craig
Old 18 Mar 2009, 19:23 (Ref:2418542)   #14
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
probably a modified aftermarket pod . . . . . or crafted by vixens from unobtanium!

I spent ages tracking down an interior photo of the Willment Cortina GT from 63 . . . when I found it it was so simple and crude I recreated it gratis in 10 minutes!
Old 18 Mar 2009, 20:34 (Ref:2418623)   #15
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
probably a modified aftermarket pod . . . . . or crafted by vixens from unobtanium!

I spent ages tracking down an interior photo of the Willment Cortina GT from 63 . . . when I found it it was so simple and crude I recreated it gratis in 10 minutes!
Most "Race" cars were very simple in period Zef.Those auxilary instrument pods were only made from ABS plastic,available from Halfords Arry Moss etc etc.Really nothing to them and a peice of---- to make from ally and spray in crackle finish.
Jac Sears used to look after the Whitmore LC before it was sold,it was totally un-molested from its works days,the fuel line ran along the top of the right inner wing,it was the clear pvc tubing just held in place with two p clips.It did not look like a "professional" had installed it!!
Old 18 Mar 2009, 21:21 (Ref:2418685)   #16
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
a bit like braided hoses . . . has anyone ever burst a solid copper pipe running fuel at 5psi?

or silicone water hoses . . . any more than 13psi std rad cap and core plugs blow . . . rubber hoses are fine . . . its not period correct and should be banned, if your engines getting that hot you've got more to worry about than spangly hose pipes
Old 19 Mar 2009, 07:34 (Ref:2418958)   #17
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Whilst on the subject,I often wonder WHY builders use braided front to rear brake hose and also everywhere else come to that.Its heavier than copper,cost's a lot more and just doe's not look right.
Old 19 Mar 2009, 09:36 (Ref:2419086)   #18
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Vac Moulding?

Make it from plastic sheet, and moulds, using a pierced metal plate, and a vacuumn.

I bet the original was blow moulded ABS.

As the Meerkat says? "Simples!"
Old 19 Mar 2009, 09:42 (Ref:2419094)   #19
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I was going to say that!

or carve it from solid cast iron, increased stability at speed
Old 19 Mar 2009, 16:41 (Ref:2419439)   #20
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
I was going to say that!

or carve it from solid cast iron, increased stability at speed

A mate of mine has a CNC,nice billet of alloy?
Old 19 Mar 2009, 17:14 (Ref:2419467)   #21
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
105E dash Pod Instructions:
First, take one biscuit tin...

Actually, I fitted a complete fibreglass overdash thingie to my Anglebox that was moulded to mimic the Cortina GT style. It had a binnacle in the middle that held up to four gauges but fitted over the original dashboard and clocks. I made a plate up to replace the original speedo that housed a speedo from a Cortina, Sprite rev counter, Singer Gazelle fuel gauge, and Morris 1100 temperature gauge. (I had a season ticket at the local scrap yard!)
Old 20 Mar 2009, 13:09 (Ref:2420206)   #22
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
So is all that allowed under Appendix K?
I'm confused...
Old 20 Mar 2009, 13:14 (Ref:2420213)   #23
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
So is all that allowed under Appendix K?
I'm confused...
Sorry Tim, if you're referring to my comments above, I should have explained that this was my first road car (not a historic racer) in 1975! (I was also the estate version which I'm sure wasn't homologated either...)
Old 20 Mar 2009, 13:20 (Ref:2420217)   #24
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Perhaps I should add a smiley to these things?
Old 20 Mar 2009, 14:39 (Ref:2420257)   #25
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Actually, I fitted a complete fibreglass overdash thingie to my Anglebox that was moulded to mimic the Cortina GT style. It had a binnacle in the middle that held up to four gauges )
That's exactly what's in my racer at this moment. I think it was made by a firm in Basildon called "Fibresports in the 60/70s . It was already in the car when I brought it after George Polley had finished with it.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !