Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Feb 2009, 23:29 (Ref:2399331)   #1
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First casualties?

I've just had my test day for the Goodwood Spring Sprint on Feb 25th cancelled, only me & 1 other applied. They're still planning to run the 2nd day on 26th, but I'm already down for the JEC day at Brands , also not over-subscribed.

On the marshall's forum is a thread on the topic of Anglesey's cancellation of their season's first meeting, only 5 entrants. Not looking good.....
Old 18 Feb 2009, 01:10 (Ref:2399374)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wasn't that (Goodwood) a Masters event?
Old 18 Feb 2009, 06:06 (Ref:2399442)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Wasn't that (Goodwood) a Masters event?
Masters track days at Goodwood are Feb 27th & 28th, and according to them full both days. A lot of participants will be hoping to get noticed for this years Revival meeting.

Goodwood Spring Sprint- is that the GRRC event at Easter?
Old 18 Feb 2009, 06:10 (Ref:2399444)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks Mike, that's why I asked the question.
Old 18 Feb 2009, 08:22 (Ref:2399482)   #5
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
the Goodwood sprint clashes with the Pom I think
Old 18 Feb 2009, 09:19 (Ref:2399507)   #6
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I looked ta the Goodwood Sprint and from memory you get 4 laps for the same price as an HSCC race, either I am missing soemthing or it is not great value!
Old 18 Feb 2009, 10:00 (Ref:2399533)   #7
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's true, it's very poor value for money on a per minute basis, but I did it a couple of years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it, a great day out and very relaxed, made a nice change from race days. My lap times were pretty relaxed too, obviously the reason why my Revival invitation hasn't arrived yet.
Old 18 Feb 2009, 10:22 (Ref:2399545)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
The Angelsey event cancellation is being discussed here:

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112639
Old 18 Feb 2009, 13:17 (Ref:2399624)   #9
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
We had a guy out last year in the sprint. he only got 2 laps i felt guilty taking the money off him. He wants to go back again this year 'as someone said its a nice day out.
Old 18 Feb 2009, 17:18 (Ref:2399763)   #10
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta
We had a guy out last year in the sprint. he only got 2 laps i felt guilty taking the money off him. He wants to go back again this year 'as someone said its a nice day out.
That wasn't what you said last year, after we'd spent a day hanging around doing very little in bitterly cold and wet conditions. The phrase was "The most boring day I've ever spent motor racing"
Old 18 Feb 2009, 17:57 (Ref:2399785)   #11
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Best just put it down to age Alan,his memory is obviously starting to fail.
Old 18 Feb 2009, 20:55 (Ref:2399884)   #12
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I did the GRRC sprint last year and plan to do it again this year. Yes, its a relatively short amount of track time but a lot of fun and an incredibly eclectic bunch of cars.
Old 19 Feb 2009, 07:47 (Ref:2400062)   #13
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Can you get a signature for it? A friend and his son have just passed their ARDS it might be an easty way to get going..
last Friday I was at a track day at Goodwood - it was capped at 20 cars total and only £240 and not only great fun but as much track time as you could ever want
Old 19 Feb 2009, 08:34 (Ref:2400077)   #14
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
How can you get a race signature for a sprint Simon when its all about how you behave on the track in the company of others? I dunno 'only' £240 that sounds a lot of dosh to me to belt your car around a track or am I just living in the past? As for 4 laps for a similiar amount of money in a sprint I don't care who you are out with, thats just madness.
Old 19 Feb 2009, 09:12 (Ref:2400096)   #15
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Dont think they will get a signiture Simon. You could ask the Marshalls foram if they masrshalled at the sprint they might get a signiture and gain some good experiance. I started marshalling when i was 16 great fun.
Old 19 Feb 2009, 09:43 (Ref:2400109)   #16
simon drabble
Veteran

I didn't think it would but worth asking... Al the point I was trying to make is that for a little bit more last Friday I could have had over 4 hours track time if I had so desired.
That is good value even by your standards!
Old 19 Feb 2009, 13:46 (Ref:2400227)   #17
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I test half days sessions at Goodwood for £125, bargain.
Old 19 Feb 2009, 15:03 (Ref:2400260)   #18
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble
I didn't think it would but worth asking... Al the point I was trying to make is that for a little bit more last Friday I could have had over 4 hours track time if I had so desired.
That is good value even by your standards!
I don't see how that can compare with £75 for a morning at Mallory, its over three times the price!
Old 19 Feb 2009, 16:36 (Ref:2400301)   #19
Tom Walker
Rookie

England
leics
Tom Walker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dont know when you were last at Mallory...! Its £100 for 9 to 12.30, and if youre lucky it can be "open pit lane" and you get the full 3 1/2 hours....still bloody good value, and a great circuit.
Old 19 Feb 2009, 18:01 (Ref:2400338)   #20
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
And a great breakfast
Old 19 Feb 2009, 19:18 (Ref:2400382)   #21
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
location location location . . . .some of us live in Sunny West Sussex
Old 19 Feb 2009, 19:22 (Ref:2400385)   #22
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Sorry I picked up on the £75 from someone elses post, I hav'nt been for a while but still way better than £240!
Old 20 Feb 2009, 07:52 (Ref:2400661)   #23
simon drabble
Veteran

well £100 for a morning at Mallory against £240 for a whole day I think is about the same given I would spend more than £40 in fuel to get there and I would take his lordship's organic burgers over a greasy spoon any day!!!
Old 20 Feb 2009, 08:29 (Ref:2400670)   #24
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
But who wants to thrash around for a whole day anyhow, give me an hour or so and I am bored and have done too much gas anyhow and sorry I was not over impressed with the cafe at Goodwood (been a while mind you) but the Mallory one is a bit special. :-)
Old 20 Feb 2009, 08:31 (Ref:2400672)   #25
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
I know we are going off topic and i try to eat good food but its history that motor racing starts the day with a lovely bacon sarney. I have an egg as well just to see how many badges i can not get on my race suit.