Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 5 Feb 2009, 10:47 (Ref:2388905)   #376
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking at the list of events, kindley provided by comrade fasted; it would appear that sports cars of all periods enjoy almost overkill in the number of events to enter, very PC pre 1959 sports cars and pre 1955 sports racing cars???? I know cynic. Should have left the job to comrade Beckett always seemed to work OK then.
Old 5 Feb 2009, 13:34 (Ref:2389040)   #377
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs
I understand that that the Group C race has been dropped
The invitation was rejected by the Group C club so I'm told. A combination of increased cost and reduced track time.
Old 5 Feb 2009, 14:04 (Ref:2389065)   #378
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Sports Cars of the 50's.Assume one is Duncan Wiltshire and other Flav and Vanessa series.Makes sense
Old 5 Feb 2009, 16:06 (Ref:2389144)   #379
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
what are Pre '66 Sports Endurance Cars? Are these GT's or sports racers?
Old 5 Feb 2009, 16:16 (Ref:2389153)   #380
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Contact Flav as could be one of theirs.AVDK/Merlyn can also be entered with those thirty 23 B's and pretend Crossles
Old 5 Feb 2009, 16:48 (Ref:2389169)   #381
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by p261brm
Looking at the list of events, kindley provided by comrade fasted; it would appear that sports cars of all periods enjoy almost overkill in the number of events to enter, very PC pre 1959 sports cars and pre 1955 sports racing cars???? I know cynic. Should have left the job to comrade Beckett always seemed to work OK then.

If James was still there,I'm sure he would have loved to sort it out.
Old 5 Feb 2009, 16:54 (Ref:2389174)   #382
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
what is he doing these days? As has been discussed before he has done a top job with the Walter Hayes
Old 5 Feb 2009, 16:56 (Ref:2389179)   #383
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hav'nt heard a thing other than he is still involved in racing.Seem's to have become a hermit!
Old 5 Feb 2009, 23:51 (Ref:2389454)   #384
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble
Obviously I have an agenda in saying this but it would be nice to see a race for 23b's etc...
Ditto proper saloons ... esp as they're supposed to be celebrating 60 years of racing Jaguars!

Last edited by Colin McKay; 5 Feb 2009 at 23:56.
Old 6 Feb 2009, 07:58 (Ref:2389569)   #385
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay
Ditto proper saloons ... esp as they're supposed to be celebrating 60 years of racing Jaguars!
No to mention that 2009 is the 50th anniversary of the death of Mike Hawthorn, a works Jaguar driver.
Old 6 Feb 2009, 08:38 (Ref:2389597)   #386
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
its also the 50th anniversary of the Ford Kent engine, probably the most significant engine in motorsport, ever.

It certainly made Cosworth.
Old 6 Feb 2009, 12:55 (Ref:2389756)   #387
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jaguar...Ford...should we invite Tata to the party?
Old 6 Feb 2009, 13:10 (Ref:2389762)   #388
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
its also the 50th anniversary of the Ford Kent engine, probably the most significant engine in motorsport, ever.

It certainly made Cosworth.
Possibly but I thought the 997 engine pre-dated that?

And what about 40 years of the Capri?
Old 6 Feb 2009, 14:32 (Ref:2389819)   #389
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Possibly but I thought the 997 engine pre-dated that?

And what about 40 years of the Capri?
I think 997cc Kent engine appeared in the 107E (100E shape) around 1959.

And since we are talking about anniversaries, 2009 marks 50 years since the birth of Gilbern Cars, so definitely should be a race for the GT.
Old 6 Feb 2009, 14:33 (Ref:2389820)   #390
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

There is race for LC plus with 2 litre thing.Proper people ,proper drivers.It was getting boring.
Old 6 Feb 2009, 14:53 (Ref:2389836)   #391
Peter Horsman
Racer

Peter Horsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And 100 years of Morgan, for Heaven's sake!!!
Old 6 Feb 2009, 15:13 (Ref:2389839)   #392
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Don't tell Mr Van Der Kroft!
Old 6 Feb 2009, 16:27 (Ref:2389871)   #393
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Horsman
And 100 years of Morgan, for Heaven's sake!!!
too many of those in one place would constitute a fire hazard surely ?
Old 6 Feb 2009, 16:39 (Ref:2389881)   #394
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I dunno ash(frames)es to ashes has a certain synergy.
Old 6 Feb 2009, 17:25 (Ref:2389908)   #395
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston
Don't tell Mr Van Der Kroft!
I dont think he would bring the whole collection John.
Old 6 Feb 2009, 18:31 (Ref:2389940)   #396
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble
what is he doing these days? As has been discussed before he has done a top job with the Walter Hayes
Could hazzard a guess. not prepared to say, but like the big yellow taxi; "Don't know what you've got till it's gone"
Old 6 Feb 2009, 21:03 (Ref:2390000)   #397
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will bring a can of woodworms for those Malvern cars lets do 50 years of big healey what about that!
Old 7 Feb 2009, 00:52 (Ref:2390099)   #398
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by esper
I will bring a can of woodworms for those Malvern cars lets do 50 years of big healey what about that!

Its a little late Esper,they have already done it!
Old 13 Feb 2009, 13:56 (Ref:2396863)   #399
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
According to 'the masters' theres going to be some novelty races at this event as well as their own

I very much look forward to meeting Penelope pit stop if thats the case

what a bunch of patronising ******s they are
Old 13 Feb 2009, 16:09 (Ref:2396942)   #400
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well Penelope pitstop is one of our posters. Races with the MGCC if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway seeing as you have a car that complies I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Me on the other hand, can't enter my car for anything.

Tags
historic racing, pre '63 gts