Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Jul 2004, 19:12 (Ref:1045903)   #26
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure Antonio is on different fuel...to me, he appeared to blow the exit of the hairpin and lost a bit of momentum, but then, that could have been my imagination. But I think Williams feel better about him than Gene. We'll see tomorrow.
Despite being close in qualifying, no one has really been able to match Ferrari for race pace, the Bridgestones appear to last longer without degreadation, allowing Michael to pull off those killer laps between others' pit stops and his....and since the Ferrari has been bulletproof for the better part of 3 years now, I expect Michael to win. I hope not, but that's the way it is.
Old 24 Jul 2004, 19:48 (Ref:1045925)   #27
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now this grid looks more familiar!

Ferrari, Williams, McLaren, and Renault. Very similar to many grids last year.

It certainly looks like McLaren is back in the saddle again. We may see that gentleman lose this bet, and run naked around Silverstone afterall!

Danica Patrick
Old 24 Jul 2004, 19:57 (Ref:1045929)   #28
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
JPM is almost always has a slow start. If not slow it's an average start. JPM was a good starter when they didn't have launch control, IMO because he's got killer car control but with launch control they've changed it to purely a light reaction time battle, which for some reason he's not good at.
Old 24 Jul 2004, 20:00 (Ref:1045930)   #29
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Schu 3 tenths quicker!! what a great lap and if he contiues recent form he will probably be running 1 less stop as well!!
Old 24 Jul 2004, 20:40 (Ref:1045951)   #30
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm expecting a "Nurburgring" strategy and that Michael is running a very short first stint.
Old 24 Jul 2004, 21:07 (Ref:1045961)   #31
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Kimi gets the jump on JPM he will sit on TGF's tail but not "hurry" him like JPM . If this happens Michael will just run away with the race.

Has the potential for a good race though.

Be interesting to see what fuel Button set that lap on.

The Fuel Alonso and TGF is running.

JPM could well be running typically (for williams) light.

The Bridgestones lasted well over the full distance of a qualifying lap - lets see what happens over the course of a race distance stint.

I'll certainly be watching.
Old 24 Jul 2004, 21:37 (Ref:1045973)   #32
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think Kimi has just as much desire as JPM and will to have a go at Michael, if he gets the chance. Maybe not quite as much, but in terms of giving it a go I think Kimi might be a close second to JPM.
Old 24 Jul 2004, 22:56 (Ref:1046042)   #33
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Schumi has all the time in the world to sit behind people in the first stints - we've already seen many a time this season that he'll bide his time back in 2nd/3rd/4th and bam, he whacks in quick lap after quick lap after quick lap as soon as he gets a bit of space to breathe.

Our only hope is that he gets punted off relatively soon by our exuberant friend Montoya. His gonads haven't gotten the better of him for a while.

As for the tracks being dusty, I've noticed that they tend to put wee sweepers out before and during the GP weekends these days - whether or not the circuits get raced on regularly is largely irrelevant - the fact is that the even numbers are normally a world away from the racing line and therefore don't often get rubbered in in quite the same way...and what with this awful qualifying system, there's no race practice to shred your tyres in front of your grid position.
Old 25 Jul 2004, 02:12 (Ref:1046151)   #34
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was impressed that last race Kimi tried pretty hard to get by MS. I really don't think in that case that Kimi was faster, MS was just doing his usual "why hurry?" pace. MS only puts in 5 fast laps/GP. WDC caliber performances. I expect more of the same even if both JPM and Kimi got by.

Last edited by Snrub; 25 Jul 2004 at 02:13.
Old 25 Jul 2004, 06:19 (Ref:1046336)   #35
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Renaults will be the one to watch off the start methinks
Old 25 Jul 2004, 06:50 (Ref:1046341)   #36
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think you're Trulli right there!

The battle to the first corner will be very interesting.

Even with Michael seemingly unbeatable there's still lots to anticipate!
Old 25 Jul 2004, 09:33 (Ref:1046452)   #37
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
The first corner is practically a recipe for disaster, 1 line, fast corner.
It reminds me of when Silverstone changed Copse corner in 1994 (post Senna) and made it slower, but only 1 line through it, and at the British GP support race (The BTCC) there was a pile up involving about 12 cars.
Old 25 Jul 2004, 11:46 (Ref:1046568)   #38
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The F3000 inside grid boys didn't do to bad. Montoya is up for it...
Old 25 Jul 2004, 11:48 (Ref:1046569)   #39
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
RB "more fuel than Michael" (ITV interview with Brundle on the grid), but the two stops don't look good "on paper".
Old 25 Jul 2004, 11:49 (Ref:1046570)   #40
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bernie saying Michael should be "pensioned off at the end of the year".

What Bernie wants........he usually gets.......
Old 25 Jul 2004, 11:52 (Ref:1046576)   #41
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Tyres. The peice with people from Bridgestone and Michelin was interesting.

Bridgestone didn't grain on the fronts by the end of the Q lap. Michelins did. However Michelin say that a little understeer early on is fine as tehy are normally 'rear limited'.

Quite intreging, but Michelin should be good on lap 1 until the Bridgestone come up, but then suffer until the balance comes back as the rear wer comes in? We'll see...
Old 25 Jul 2004, 11:55 (Ref:1046577)   #42
Kicking-back
Veteran

45 degrees. Should help Michelin hopefully.
Old 25 Jul 2004, 12:04 (Ref:1046579)   #43
Kicking-back
Veteran

Oh well - we'll have to go through it all again!