Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 27 Nov 2020, 12:07 (Ref:4019063)   #551
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
Interesting to see the according to an article in MN Team Dynamics are looking to run a 3rd car if they can get an extra TBL.
That was also the case in 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017 etc. Since the third car was pulled in 2016.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Yup Which was a plan coming together last year, but unfortunate timing meant Simpson handed his TBL back a matter of days/ couple of weeks before Dynamics were in a position to green light the three car plan... and at that point none were to be had. I never did find out who driver #3 was in the plan but suspected (or wanted to believe) it was Flash. Would like to see him back, exciting driver to watch.
Matt said in a Instagram livestream during Lockdown that they had an agreement with Flash signed for 2020 but couldn't get a TBL to run him in their last FK2 Henry's been using.

Last edited by medius; 27 Nov 2020 at 12:12.
Old 27 Nov 2020, 12:16 (Ref:4019067)   #552
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
That was also the case in 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017 etc. Since the third car was pulled in 2016.

Matt said in a Instagram livestream during Lockdown that they had an agreement with Flash signed for 2020 but couldn't get a TBL to run him in their last FK2 Henry's been using.
Why on earth would they have run an FK2? Surely it was bad enough having to explain being beaten by AmD Hondas to Honda!
Old 27 Nov 2020, 12:33 (Ref:4019069)   #553
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Why on earth would they have run an FK2? Surely it was bad enough having to explain being beaten by AmD Hondas to Honda!
Because chassis NGTC-12-005 is in their possession and ready to run?

Why would they have to explain to Honda why the FK8 is gaining brand exposure with good results for the marque across multiple teams?
Old 27 Nov 2020, 14:28 (Ref:4019085)   #554
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
People keep bringing up that they would have run Shedden in the old car had they been able to get the TBL. Not a chance. Dynamics are capable of building up a new FK8 in less than 2 weeks. It certainly wouldn't have been ideal having the old model beat the new one either.
Old 27 Nov 2020, 14:49 (Ref:4019088)   #555
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
People keep bringing up that they would have run Shedden in the old car had they been able to get the TBL. Not a chance. Dynamics are capable of building up a new FK8 in less than 2 weeks. It certainly wouldn't have been ideal having the old model beat the new one either.
I think people keep bringing it up because they are the words of Matt Neal himself.
Old 27 Nov 2020, 15:51 (Ref:4019104)   #556
medius
Veteran

England
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Because building cars cost money. Running existing cars costs considerably less. Matt said it would have been under a different banner (GS) so could do TCT without livery issue) so not a Honda-works entry so no need to be a current car.

Last edited by medius; 27 Nov 2020 at 16:03.
Old 27 Nov 2020, 15:55 (Ref:4019107)   #557
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I think people keep bringing it up because they are the words of Matt Neal himself.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Matt...w=1064&bih=570

Happy for you to provide a source to the contrary.
Old 27 Nov 2020, 15:58 (Ref:4019108)   #558
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
You can tell it was something they were giving serious consideration for. But I’m not surprised it didn’t happen. No doubt it showed how serious TD/Honda are, although it was probably for the best. Now let’s see what happens in 2021. Still plenty of available options at this stage
Old 27 Nov 2020, 16:09 (Ref:4019112)   #559
medius
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
https://www.google.com/search?q=Matt...w=1064&bih=570

Happy for you to provide a source to the contrary.
Several Q&A livestreams Matt ran on Instagram earlier this year where he was asked directly "why don't you run Gordon in a third car?" matt answers directly and says he signed a contracts with the team for Henry's car, the team capability and backing from YUASA and blessing from Honda was there but couldn't secure a TBL from TOCA. Then admked about Flash in the TCR Audi they had but Matt says it was sold during lockdown.

The empty room argument is on the verge of breaking out now, funny how its always started by the same few? Such is lifw I guess. Cabin fever.
Old 27 Nov 2020, 17:33 (Ref:4019129)   #560
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Then admked about Flash in the TCR Audi they had but Matt says it was sold during lockdown.
Dynamics were looking to get the TBL from Simpson Racing; the TCR Audi is now with the similar sounding but unrelated Simpson Motorsport.
Old 27 Nov 2020, 17:33 (Ref:4019130)   #561
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
The real truth is Elvis was looking to have Willie Poole modify his pink Caddy, subject to Lord Gow accepting it as valid - bit or rule adjusting, Dynamics were going to run it and Flash was going to drive it.
Old 29 Nov 2020, 09:46 (Ref:4019341)   #562
Jay87
Rookie

Jay87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know when the allocated tbl list will be released. Seem to remember it being around the start of December last year. Guessing it may be a bit later this year.
Old 29 Nov 2020, 09:56 (Ref:4019342)   #563
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay87 View Post
Anyone know when the allocated tbl list will be released. Seem to remember it being around the start of December last year. Guessing it may be a bit later this year.
As you would expect, they wouldn't typically release it until all entries are in. The deadline for entries is typically late Feb, and I would expect some teams will be leaving it until later to confirm under the current circumstances.

I wouldn't be surprised if the final list of team entries is not published until close to early March this time around.
Old 29 Nov 2020, 12:47 (Ref:4019365)   #564
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
The real truth is Elvis was looking to have Willie Poole modify his pink Caddy, subject to Lord Gow accepting it as valid - bit or rule adjusting, Dynamics were going to run it and Flash was going to drive it.

I think you may be on with a chance for an accurate prediction, this time
Such is the wierd world in which we live
Old 29 Nov 2020, 14:09 (Ref:4019377)   #565
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I have a fair idea where some will be going, but still a fair few unknowns at this stage on certain seats. I am sure we will have a few surprises in certain teams and will hopefully have a great lineup on the 2021 grid, with plenty of great teams and star drivers, with some new blood too. I hope we get some answers come the end of December
Old 29 Nov 2020, 17:33 (Ref:4019491)   #566
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
As you would expect, they wouldn't typically release it until all entries are in. The deadline for entries is typically late Feb, and I would expect some teams will be leaving it until later to confirm under the current circumstances.
TBL allocation list and Entry list are 2 different things.

The allocation list is normally realised around Nov/Dec. It just tells you which teams have how many TBLs. That won't tell you which drivers/cars, just team numbers. That was what was being asked about.

You are referring to the entry list, which shows individual driver names, what car they are entering in and what team name they will run under. That won't be released until Media Day, which will be some time in March.
Old 29 Nov 2020, 18:50 (Ref:4019511)   #567
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
TBL allocation list and Entry list are 2 different things.

The allocation list is normally realised around Nov/Dec. It just tells you which teams have how many TBLs. That won't tell you which drivers/cars, just team numbers. That was what was being asked about.

You are referring to the entry list, which shows individual driver names, what car they are entering in and what team name they will run under. That won't be released until Media Day, which will be some time in March.
Yes, I know they are two different things.

No, I was referring to the confirmed team entries, although my dates were out. Apologies - I do accept that my post was not entirely accurate.

For the 2020 season, the deadline for team registrations was Nov 29th, 2019. At which point teams had to have paid their £10k deposit and held a TBL to confirm their entry.

The registration of drivers was later, being 21st February.

I am not certain if the dates will be later this season, although I expect so given that the last round of 2020 was in November.
Old 30 Nov 2020, 18:50 (Ref:4019748)   #568
S griffin
Veteran

There is still time. We still haven’t got an entry list yet. We’ll have to keep a lookout to see when certain teams and drivers tell us when there will be an announcement

Hopefully we can keep a lot of top teams, the WSRs, Dynamics, PMR etc. And top drivers too, Cammish, Turkington, Butcher, Ingram, Oliphant etc.

Obviously we will have to speculate till we get some answers, but that’s part of fun. See who’s hunch is right
Old 2 Dec 2020, 17:14 (Ref:4020206)   #569
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Second driver confirmed at Team HARD
Old 2 Dec 2020, 17:17 (Ref:4020208)   #570
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Second driver confirmed at Team HARD
Who is it?
Old 2 Dec 2020, 17:30 (Ref:4020211)   #571
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Who is it?
Hasn't been announced yet but they've signed.
Old 2 Dec 2020, 20:54 (Ref:4020248)   #572
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Goffy I believe but do not know for sure.

Tony is going to be able to get a fair bit of mileage out of his signings... all pretty quiet elsewhere. Think #3 and #4 are close to fruition, so they may all be announced by Santa comes.
Old 2 Dec 2020, 22:46 (Ref:4020258)   #573
S griffin
Veteran

Just need to look out for the announcement of an announcement on Twitter
Old 3 Dec 2020, 10:18 (Ref:4020333)   #574
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Goffy I believe but do not know for sure.

Tony is going to be able to get a fair bit of mileage out of his signings... all pretty quiet elsewhere. Think #3 and #4 are close to fruition, so they may all be announced by Santa comes.
It is quiet at present but the big news will come in the new year. Expect some changes with TBL shuffling.
Old 3 Dec 2020, 12:03 (Ref:4020358)   #575
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Just need to look out for the announcement of an announcement on Twitter
Will it happen soon or in the new year. We will just have to wait and see. I have no doubt there will be an announcement soon. Who the driver will be, I'm not sure. We will see soon.