Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 21 Apr 2009, 19:18 (Ref:2446533)   #1
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are there different specs of Dallara?

I noticed over the Long Beach weekend, which is the first American Open Wheel race ive wathced over the weekend live etc.. that some cars, from the onboard shots, have different shaped cockpit sides, is this bodywork spec from previous years? Some cars kinda have an arrow shaped rim while others have a more square rim similar to the early naughties cars.

Or am I seeing things?
Old 21 Apr 2009, 20:02 (Ref:2446558)   #2
the.cosmic.pope
Veteran

Scotland
Arbroath
the.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthe.cosmic.pope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't say specs, but there will be different bodywork yeah. Some by teams and some by Dallara, with the teams having choices to run. Definatly not seeing things.
Old 22 Apr 2009, 09:50 (Ref:2446864)   #3
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The IRL is a bit like British F3 in some respects. Everyone uses the same chassis but the big teams with the big resources will be able to modify the cars as they see fit.

There are probably a number of differences between a Penske and Ganassi Dallara IF4, in the same way there are a number of differences between a Carlin and a T-SPort Dallara F309.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 22 Apr 2009, 16:39 (Ref:2447126)   #4
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ahh, didnt know that. Thats actualy something i dont know.
Old 22 Apr 2009, 21:42 (Ref:2447374)   #5
AX lover
Racer

Netherlands
AX lover should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I also noticed different front wings. Some cars have vertical things on them.
Old 23 Apr 2009, 04:24 (Ref:2447521)   #6
drdisque
Veteran

Antarctica
Chicago
drdisque should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, front wings on road courses and the short ovals (Milwaukee, Iowa, and Richmond) are pretty much open for development.
Old 27 Apr 2009, 23:01 (Ref:2451132)   #7
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AX lover View Post
I also noticed different front wings. Some cars have vertical things on them.
Lola and Reynard both used this front wing modification, circa 2001/2 in the Champcar Series. This example is of a Reynard.

Shame they don't race these anymore. Awsome English engineering.