Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Feb 2012, 03:40 (Ref:3023505)   #101
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post
If that was the case, Garth would have just SMS’d the message.
But it was placed on Twitter for the world to see, and interpret how they wish.
Shhhhh, be careful........Reload loves Tander.
Old 9 Feb 2012, 04:48 (Ref:3023517)   #102
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does this mean that 2012 will be a write off as far as results for KR ?
I'm sure that in an ideal world, KR would have liked to give this season a miss in order to be ready for 2013.
Old 9 Feb 2012, 06:42 (Ref:3023531)   #103
rustyinsthoz
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
rustyinsthoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
I'm sure that in an ideal world, KR would have liked to give this season a miss in order to be ready for 2013.
I don't think that KR will have any problems being ready for 2013. Cause I think they will have plenty of help from Nismo themselves. And if KR integrate with Nismo well, then there is every chance that this venture will be very successful.
Old 9 Feb 2012, 07:58 (Ref:3023542)   #104
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will this be the challenge that JW needs in 2013 with a move to KR or will someone like Andrew Thompson find a new home seeing that the factory backed KR might take on a driver without bringing $$$ ?
Old 9 Feb 2012, 08:32 (Ref:3023550)   #105
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another question: will 'Crenno' be looking at rebooting the Nissan SVD operation, and potentially launching an Altima GTS?
Old 9 Feb 2012, 08:52 (Ref:3023562)   #106
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarvestMotorspt View Post
If I remember rightly, Nissan was the (or at least part of the) reason V8Supercars/Touring cars were formed.. The current car companies couldn't build a car to beat the Nissan so they fored there own boy club and banned everyone else from joining.. No? Too soon?
Partly right, but let's not forget Group A was dead world wide, and had to be replaced by something else.

I am glad Nissan is back because for all of he effort they put into Australian motorsport from the 60's to '92 they were treated pretty badly in the end.

Welcome back.
Old 9 Feb 2012, 08:54 (Ref:3023565)   #107
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle View Post
I would love to see this as Jack Daniels Racing/Nissan Motorsport car.

Not sure if Nissan wants that.
With KR & Nissen joining up, does that mean KR will loose Jack Daniels in 2013 as for memory Nissan have a anti acohol policy ( I could be wrong ).
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 9 Feb 2012, 09:00 (Ref:3023571)   #108
madman16
Racer

Australia
Brisvegas, Aus
madman16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it's great to see Nissan back and like "BIG TONE" said, only maybe one or two more manufacturers would be good. I wouldn't like to see 10 makes. Ideally for me would be 5 makes with 6 cars each. Would be perfect if "BIG TONE" didn't cut them back to 28
Old 9 Feb 2012, 09:10 (Ref:3023578)   #109
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Partly right, but let's not forget Group A was dead world wide, and had to be replaced by something else.

I am glad Nissan is back because for all of he effort they put into Australian motorsport from the 60's to '92 they were treated pretty badly in the end.

Welcome back.
When the factory Nissans had no branding on the side other than the carmaker in 1989, 1990 & 1991... someone had to pay the bills.

Arguably Nissan has contributed more to the sport in a financial sense in running teams than Ford or Holden or anyone else... and they had a huge development program in place, not just taking cars or specifications from overseas and tweaking them, they pioneered constructing the best HR-31 and R32 Skylines in the world! Better than the Japanese, better than their factory backed European team.

That was Fred Gibson and his highly skilled band of merry men, who took products that in some cases didnt suit the application, then worked beyond belief to get them to maximise their potential.

And arguably trained up a lot of people still in the sport today, in different roles... it is a nice legacy from that chapter of the sport.

Now we are onto a new chapter, where the fundamental difference between teams CotF-style will be the engine package. The body can be parity adjusted, the car build and prep is to the same basic specifications... so for the first time in a long time, Nissan will compete almost like an F1 team supplier... a powerplant being the point of technical difference between their car, a Holden and a Ford.

No excuses, no production car design challenges to overcome... just do it!

The announcement today was interesting, nobody was quoted as confirming that 4 Nissan 'works' cars would appear on track in 2013, nor that they would conform to the Nismo 'look' or sponsorship arrangements. I mean they didnt even have a mock up in place. Nor would confirm the model of car to be used, nor the engine. Which is interesting.

Kelly Racing has a LOT of work to do to get 6 brand new Nissan-bodied CotF chassis designed, constructed, developed & available for mid season testing, with a fully functioning, compatible, competitive powerplant under its nose.

Arguably their job is harder than many others because they have to work with developing & homologating the body shape & aero package for the new car, and an engine... while continuing Holden & Ford runners can maintain their powerplants and familiarity with body shape and aero packages continuing into 2013.

I guess Nissan's sign says it all.....

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 9 Feb 2012, 09:11 (Ref:3023579)   #110
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by madman16 View Post
I think it's great to see Nissan back and like "BIG TONE" said, only maybe one or two more manufacturers would be good. I wouldn't like to see 10 makes. Ideally for me would be 5 makes with 6 cars each. Would be perfect if "BIG TONE" didn't cut them back to 28
7 car makers with 4 cars a pop would be just fine...

Ford, Holden, Nissan + 4 more please...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 9 Feb 2012, 09:12 (Ref:3023580)   #111
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Remember all teams are going to be working on their new COTF builds this year, so KR won't be the only ones keeping very busy. Main extra work for them will be a new engine. But are likely to get a lot assistance from Nismo with that.
Old 9 Feb 2012, 09:35 (Ref:3023590)   #112
simon5574
Rookie

simon5574 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
When the factory Nissans had no branding on the side other than the carmaker in 1989, 1990 & 1991... someone had to pay the bills.

Arguably Nissan has contributed more to the sport in a financial sense in running teams than Ford or Holden or anyone else... and they had a huge development program in place, not just taking cars or specifications from overseas and tweaking them, they pioneered constructing the best HR-31 and R32 Skylines in the world! Better than the Japanese, better than their factory backed European team.

That was Fred Gibson and his highly skilled band of merry men, who took products that in some cases didnt suit the application, then worked beyond belief to get them to maximise their potential.

And arguably trained up a lot of people still in the sport today, in different roles... it is a nice legacy from that chapter of the sport.
I believe Jum Richards still has his eye in, and would be particularly competitive in a 1000km race with Mark Skaife taking a couple of turns...
Old 9 Feb 2012, 10:06 (Ref:3023603)   #113
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Robert Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I believe Jum Richards still has his eye in, and would be particularly competitive in a 1000km race with Mark Skaife taking a couple of turns
I think Jim is now well aware his main driving a days are over and has been encouraging younger talent.
Old 9 Feb 2012, 10:07 (Ref:3023604)   #114
simon5574
Rookie

simon5574 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Ryan View Post
I think Jim is now well aware his main driving a days are over and has been encouraging younger talent.
you can't be serious??
Old 9 Feb 2012, 10:27 (Ref:3023613)   #115
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I mean they didnt even have a mock up in place. Nor would confirm the model of car to be used, nor the engine. Which is interesting.
Probably suggests that the model they intend to use hasn't yet been launched in Australia. Likely they would want to launch race car and road car at the same time to generate interest and sales.
Old 9 Feb 2012, 10:32 (Ref:3023615)   #116
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
wonder how Larry is feeling about this deal
Old 9 Feb 2012, 10:56 (Ref:3023627)   #117
Forda
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
wonder how Larry is feeling about this deal
Why would he care?
Old 9 Feb 2012, 10:59 (Ref:3023630)   #118
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
well he owns half the franchises and was vocal about nissan in his day
Old 9 Feb 2012, 11:03 (Ref:3023636)   #119
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He'll probably not give a turd, and sell them to the team. Perhaps.
Old 9 Feb 2012, 11:07 (Ref:3023638)   #120
pete60
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane
pete60 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With four seats at Kelly Racing/Nissan Motorsport next year, we can assume 2 are for Todd and Rick. The chances of the other two being occupied by Messrs Murphy and Reindler...little to none?

If so, who might the occupants be?
Old 9 Feb 2012, 11:12 (Ref:3023639)   #121
david5
Racer

Australia
Coonabarabran NSW
david5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Greg Murphy was at the launch & spoke privately afterwards, very happy to be in a Nissan if it's offered.
Old 9 Feb 2012, 11:20 (Ref:3023641)   #122
Forda
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
well he owns half the franchises and was vocal about nissan in his day
http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor...526-1f4vs.html

If you refer to the above article; then maybe he just does not care anymore.
Old 9 Feb 2012, 11:26 (Ref:3023646)   #123
Forda
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by david5 View Post
Greg Murphy was at the launch & spoke privately afterwards, very happy to be in a Nissan if it's offered.
Huh? He'd be happy in a Skoda if it meant prolonging his career a little longer.
Old 9 Feb 2012, 11:52 (Ref:3023659)   #124
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
No excuses, no production car design challenges to overcome... just do it!
Sir, yes, Sir.
Old 9 Feb 2012, 12:42 (Ref:3023681)   #125
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I do wonder if Toyota's hand may now be forced into joining the circus. They seemed quite happy to let Ford & Holden mix it in their own sandpit, but with Nissan now joining, the leading Japanese manufacturer may no longer want to be left out of the action.