Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Sep 2013, 12:35 (Ref:3302056)   #1
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi Raikkonen joins Ferrari for 2014.

News just to hand, Kimi Raikkonen has returned to Ferrari.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 12:41 (Ref:3302064)   #2
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
I am also hearing reports the our Americas correspondent that Ronald Reagan has just won the USA Presidential election!

Last edited by Peat; 11 Sep 2013 at 13:06.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 12:48 (Ref:3302071)   #3
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So next season should be Alonso's last at Ferrari then??
Old 11 Sep 2013, 12:50 (Ref:3302072)   #4
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/24051470
Old 11 Sep 2013, 12:59 (Ref:3302083)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hopefully will be a bit more fun than this season, anyway.....
Old 11 Sep 2013, 13:15 (Ref:3302093)   #6
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
News just to hand, Kimi Raikkonen has returned to Ferrari.
How many threads have we got on this subject ? Any chance a mod could draw them together and hopefully people could refrain from creating yet more.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 13:25 (Ref:3302104)   #7
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I expect Alonso to come out on top quite convincingly actually...I remember a Lotus team member stating that had they had Alonso last season they'd have won the title...

Probably all this has come off the back of Alonso's Red Bull/outspoken actions...
Old 11 Sep 2013, 15:04 (Ref:3302140)   #8
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
An intriguing move by the reds

This is far more fascinating than Ricciardo to Red Bull. Just why have Ferrari have done this? What's the story behind the story?

One of several or several of several things could be happening:

• Ferrari are reminding Fernando who’s boss and who runs the team.

• Ferrari are going to have equal 1 and 2 and expect Kimi to stand a chance of winning the title.

• Ferrari are going to have equal 1 and 2 and do not expect Kimi to stand a chance of winning the title.

• Ferrari are not going to have equal 1 and 2, but do not expect Kimi to stand a chance of winning the title.

• Ferrari are asking Fernando to show his hand by giving him a more competitive team-mate (that’s open to debate of course – some have cited 2008).

Either way, Ferrari are definitely taking back a driver who they paid millions to get to go away.

As it's silly season, Alonso to McLaren? Stranger things have happened. Like the time Ferrari took Kimi back.

Last edited by Born Racer; 11 Sep 2013 at 15:33.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 15:04 (Ref:3302142)   #9
cobra77
Rookie

cobra77 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider View Post
I expect Alonso to come out on top quite convincingly actually...I remember a Lotus team member stating that had they had Alonso last season they'd have won the title...

Probably all this has come off the back of Alonso's Red Bull/outspoken actions...
Seems someone at Ferrari feels similarly about Raikkonen, regarding the last 3 years that Alonso has been in Ferrari.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 15:08 (Ref:3302146)   #10
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I'm a Ferrari tifoso, so I'm happy that Ferrari will have two of the top 5 drivers next year. Now, I'm worried about the chemestry between them. It could get explosive.

I'm sad that Massa lost his place. I will never forget his 2008 campaign.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 15:14 (Ref:3302148)   #11
MarkG
Veteran

MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra77 View Post
Seems someone at Ferrari feels similarly about Raikkonen, regarding the last 3 years that Alonso has been in Ferrari.
You know that's tosh, so obviously posted to get some reaction.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 15:16 (Ref:3302149)   #12
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
From a quick glance around Facebook and Twitter... a huge number of people think Ferrari have gone mad ! This is hilarious. It seems the entertainment has started even before the season's started.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 15:25 (Ref:3302153)   #13
Steevp
Racer

England
Cambridge
Steevp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Lotus Tweet...

https://twitter.com/Lotus_F1Team/sta...606912/photo/1

Odd.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 15:31 (Ref:3302158)   #14
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK, can somebody just give Vettel this year's title, so we can start next season right away?
Old 11 Sep 2013, 15:34 (Ref:3302160)   #15
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Something tells me that Alonso is on his way out after 2014.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 15:35 (Ref:3302162)   #16
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's time for Alonso to man up.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 15:36 (Ref:3302164)   #17
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Something tells me that Alonso is on his way out after 2014.
Pathetic really. They spend years being competitive to the nth degree but when that competition's in their own time, they are having none of it. He should stick it out. He'll probably win anyway! And win some more respect.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 15:46 (Ref:3302169)   #18
MarkG
Veteran

MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!MarkG has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljakse View Post
OK, can somebody just give Vettel this year's title, so we can start next season right away?

I think everybody has, and are just going through the motions, or hoping for a miracle, or preparing for 2014 cars.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 15:49 (Ref:3302171)   #19
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

It does feel a bit like that.

But there are some excellent races to come (I suspect). Who minds about the championship?
Old 11 Sep 2013, 15:53 (Ref:3302174)   #20
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Maybe Alonso freaks out and have some wins from now on... oh forget it, it's the car not the man.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 17:23 (Ref:3302216)   #21
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
The curious question is why Renault didn't grab the opportunity to put more into Lotus (which was their team) and make the most of Kimi.

They know that they will get virtually brand no stand out alongside Red Bull as it such a dominating brand ( they have even had to invent the term World Champion Engine in their adverts, which is a position that doesn't officially exist), they know that Caterham and Williams are treading water teams with few prospects.

But Kimi, with his anti establishment, no BS style that resonates with fans and makes him such a character r(look at the Renault ad they did with Kimi where he says less than 10 words..) is perfect for Renault to bounce off.

A gain for Ferrari and a missed opportunity for Renault who will end up with two non-descripts at Lotus (no offence intended) and will therefore have nothing to promote their F1 involvement.

Strange...
Old 11 Sep 2013, 17:25 (Ref:3302218)   #22
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've been a bit of a convert over Kimi since his return - I like the guy and the way he does (or doesn't) do things. But I'm far from convinced he'll walk all over Fernando....
Old 11 Sep 2013, 18:32 (Ref:3302262)   #23
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kimi is the perfect #2. Not fast enough to challenge a top driver, but consistent and seemingly doesn't care about the inner team politics or if his teammate gets preferential treatment.

Red Bull could have played it safe and brought in Kimi to play Webber's role, but instead they dove into the unknown with Ricciardo. I think that's perhaps more interesting, but still a risk. Granted the car is good, Ferrari have set themselves up well for the WCC next year with this signing.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 18:53 (Ref:3302274)   #24
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I've been a bit of a convert over Kimi since his return - I like the guy and the way he does (or doesn't) do things. But I'm far from convinced he'll walk all over Fernando....
I always liked Kimi's style in and out track and was excited when he joined Ferrari back in 2007... can still remember our discussions here... and his comeback was exciting too. Now I'm hoping he shows Alonso the true colors of partnering another champion, though I suspect it won't be a long partnership (remembering Hamilton/Alonso at McLaren).

The BIG question is WHY Montezemolo decided to put two roosters in the hen house... I'm seeing RED, RED HOT days ahead at Maranello...
Old 11 Sep 2013, 18:54 (Ref:3302276)   #25
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
Kimi is the perfect #2. Not fast enough to challenge a top driver, but consistent and seemingly doesn't care about the inner team politics or if his teammate gets preferential treatment.
What ? Are you talking about Raikkonen ?