Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Dec 2014, 11:21 (Ref:3484360)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Dessert [iV8SC15TEST] Sydney.com V8SuperTest: Eastern Creek-7th-8th February

The first test day of the year is the next event on the V8SC calendar. And its not that far away, less than 60 days to go apparently..

The SuperTest will allow the category to showcase all kinds of new teams, new engineers, new crew, new drivers, new sponsors, new brands, new liveries.... a new host broadcaster... a new commentary squad... all change...

...with all those transporters lined up in a row, berthing their very expensive charges, and showing off any or all of the newness that abounds.

All the chat about this lot stops being chat when the Dunlop rubber hits the track on Feb 7th & 8th..

Hopefully it will be a nice sunny Sydney day, no monsoons, so that a large crowd can show up to watch, to take pics, and share here in this thread.

Not long now...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 20 Dec 2014, 21:02 (Ref:3486761)   #2
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Most of the fans will be at Bathurst watching real racing.
Old 20 Dec 2014, 23:48 (Ref:3486791)   #3
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Probably too soon to make that sort of prediction, but the general vibe suggests that may well be the case.

Not sure what the test day offers the fans, besides perhaps the odd last-minute livery reveal. Certainly not the place to go for the latest in merchandise, unless that's something being rectified.

Having said that, this really isnt the thread to debate "us Vs them".
Old 21 Dec 2014, 04:54 (Ref:3486818)   #4
billybanana
Veteran

billybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbillybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've flown to Sydney for the last two test days, mostly to shoot the new cars/liveries, but having got out of photography will likely setup PIP on the tv and check out both events.
Old 22 Dec 2014, 09:39 (Ref:3487094)   #5
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seeing ne liveries is nothing much, seeing cars go round at random, yer, it's more for the sponsors and flogging merchandise,
**** even F1 has test days and reserve drivers, not this silly crap of compulsory test day.

It is worst than show and tell in primary school,
is there an award for the best , presented team?
Who was quickest at changing four wheels ?
I singed 100 team posters?

Really , two days too launch the 2015 Season, must be some money in it for Archer, as realistic, why would you have all the teams, drivers, and hanger oners heading to Sydney, ?
There will be the usual waffle of aero dynamics, tyres, and Crompton in the marbles, yes neil we do know the dirty side of the race track,
Boring as Bat ****, sorry bat **** is interesting to watch as it de vowers every thing it touches, hmm Warburton and Archer
There
Old 22 Dec 2014, 12:01 (Ref:3487126)   #6
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Have you been drinking fomoco?
I reckon when you sober up and read that post again you'll be embarrassed.....
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 22 Dec 2014, 21:53 (Ref:3487249)   #7
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
[iV8SC15TEST] Sydney.com V8SuperTest: Eastern Creek-7th-8th February

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
Have you been drinking fomoco?
I reckon when you sober up and read that post again you'll be embarrassed.....

Yeah his spelling's atrocious
Old 23 Dec 2014, 01:24 (Ref:3487282)   #8
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Will it be available for superview users?
Old 23 Dec 2014, 02:18 (Ref:3487290)   #9
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Think fomoco needs to put the bong down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Will it be available for superview users?
Superview isn't going to exist next year I am tipping?
Old 23 Dec 2014, 02:23 (Ref:3487291)   #10
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
I heard it was staying.
Old 24 Dec 2014, 23:44 (Ref:3487776)   #11
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well that confirms what a load of shite this is!
Old 25 Dec 2014, 00:14 (Ref:3487782)   #12
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
I don't mind it at all.
Old 25 Dec 2014, 06:54 (Ref:3487807)   #13
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle
Well that confirms what a load of shite this is!
Yep... sneaking the details out on Christmas Day as well, perhaps to limit the negative feedback?
Old 25 Dec 2014, 07:45 (Ref:3487817)   #14
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I don't mind it at all.
It is the pettyness of the 2 hour running on Sunday to prevent drivers from running at Bathurst which is where the angst lays.

On another note - how interesting is a 25 car shootout over 2 hours going to be?

Releasing this news on Christmas day is a run and hide mission from V8SA - terribly poor and another example of their motives and pr disaster than this amateur fiasco has turned into for them.
Old 25 Dec 2014, 09:42 (Ref:3487829)   #15
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
From the link above

"A one-at-a-time, full field Shootout will then be held later in the afternoon to complete the day’s action"

Action? A 25 car shootout?
I'd rather go to the dentist.......

Or to a small country town about 4 hours north of Wagga starting with B.
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 25 Dec 2014, 10:16 (Ref:3487832)   #16
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
From the link above

"A one-at-a-time, full field Shootout will then be held later in the afternoon to complete the day’s action"

Action? A 25 car shootout?
I'd rather go to the dentist.......

Or to a small country town about 4 hours north of Wagga starting with B.
Old 26 Dec 2014, 01:59 (Ref:3487909)   #17
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So can we have b12h posts on that thread and get rid of all the limpdicks posting about th test day in that thread too?
Old 26 Dec 2014, 03:58 (Ref:3487916)   #18
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
cant wait to the test day is complete, then after 8 months people might stop moaning about the clash and the 5 drivers who have missed out. Yawn
Old 26 Dec 2014, 09:44 (Ref:3487923)   #19
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
cant wait to the test day is complete, then after 8 months people might stop moaning about the clash and the 5 drivers who have missed out. Yawn
Couldn't care less about the 5 drivers who missed out Pecky. If the big kerfuffle was for 1 x 2 hour test session, a fan walk and a shootout on the sunday then I am not sure what the need really was. I suppose there are gullible people who will go to SMP to watch it but really!!
Old 26 Dec 2014, 10:55 (Ref:3487932)   #20
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Only time will tell if it turns out to be a complete waste of time and resources.

I will reserve all criticism until accurate crowd and TV numbers are known.
Old 26 Dec 2014, 12:18 (Ref:3487952)   #21
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Can't really see any problem, the main testing is done on the Saturday and Sunday gives each car/team/driver some exposure and provides an opportunity for Foxtel to kick off their season. Sort of like the NAB cup for the V8s.

In any case, there's nothing else on so no harm, no foul...
Old 26 Dec 2014, 12:33 (Ref:3487954)   #22
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post

In any case, there's nothing else on so no harm, no foul...
But there is, merely a few hours further up the highway. Hence the sour grapes.
Old 27 Dec 2014, 00:12 (Ref:3488016)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What isnt mentioned in the scheduling is what the codriver role might be on the test/show days.

At Eastern Creek this year, a couple of enduro signings got a run in the main game across the day

It could be good for cash flow too, banking the cheque in February as opposed to October
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 27 Dec 2014, 02:48 (Ref:3488033)   #24
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
But there is, merely a few hours further up the highway. Hence the sour grapes.
They cater to different fanbases. It's like you guys fail to realize that you're in the minority when it comes to racing fans...

What you're doing would be effectively the same thing as a sportscar fan in the united states complaining that there's a NASCAR race on television at the same time as Sebring.
Old 27 Dec 2014, 03:01 (Ref:3488034)   #25
Umai Naa
Veteran

The motorsport community here is relatively very small. Particularly at the top end of the food chain. I'd suspect that the majority would've attended both events if they were on different weekends.

We won't know who'll be the big loser out of all of this, until mid-Feb.