Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Dec 2017, 15:55 (Ref:3787673)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
RIGA (FJ WORLD TOUR)

2nd of the FJ Baltic sector World Tour meetings.
Old 7 Jun 2018, 09:18 (Ref:3827333)   #2
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
We have all stopped over for the night in Zagres which is where Duncan daughter Sarah lives . We had massive banquet last night with more food than anyone could eat . What was left is being dished out to the locals . Been out on bike all morning and will soon head off into Latvia and the track which is in Riga . Stand by for more photos .
Old 7 Jun 2018, 12:07 (Ref:3827385)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
More food than anyone can eat?

Post moved to the Riga thread seeing as that’s where you’re heading.....
Old 7 Jun 2018, 15:24 (Ref:3827420)   #4
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Ok gov . I’ve walked the track and sent loads of pictures to Alan . It’s blooming fast and fantastic.Cant wait to get out on track in car
Old 11 Jun 2018, 07:58 (Ref:3828294)   #5
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Brilliant weekend racing .I had two Races and finished 4 th in both . On agrecate finished 3 rd and won a very unusual pot . Will send picture . This track was 100 times better than last week but still no room for errors . If you come off then your going into the wall . How many wrecked cars were there over the weekend . None !!!!. They had a 4 hour race Saturday evening mostly 10 year old tourning car sort of thing . Lots of other smaller saloon car races and some monoposto type single seaters with Lada engine and boxes that went very well . I’ve got two days here to prep cars then a ferry to Sweden and on to Karlskoga .
Old 19 Jun 2018, 16:45 (Ref:3831916)   #6
DmitryPry
Rookie

Latvia
Riga
DmitryPry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was at Riga event and worked there as journalist.
I was awesome to see such beautiful cars of the 60-es! Many thanks for bringing this event to Latvia!
Old 19 Jun 2018, 16:52 (Ref:3831919)   #7
DmitryPry
Rookie

Latvia
Riga
During Latvian Formula Junior event I made an interview with John Delane: http://openracing.ru/news/9755
Sorry, but text is in Russian.

Old 21 Jun 2018, 19:48 (Ref:3832386)   #8
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Welcome to TenTenths Demitry. We all had a brilliant time and I loved the track made all the better as I had two fantastic races. For me Bikerniehu Trase is just like Monza. Set in a park where people can bike, run and even swim in the lake.Yes the track is more dangerous than Monza with no run offs and concrete walls to hit but as I said earlier drivers adhered to this and as far as I know no one went off and no damage was done . I will certainly be back in two years. God willing.I am going to post pictures I took before we ventured out on track.Stand by. BTW Gordon you may well have to come to the rescue.
A brief lap in words then I will post photos.
Start finish line a longish straight keep to left as there is a fast tight hand flat out kink which is blind on approach. Hit apex and brake for all its worth as you have very little time before the right hander 3rd gear with us F J cars and then you need to be hard on power and quickly up the gears to 5th for flat out right hander kink.After this you approach the tricky part of the track a very fast S bend..Knock down to 4th turn in for right hander then late turn in for second part left hander. Most important to get on power ASAP as there is a longish straight leading up to quick right hander.I managed to use this to great effect and passed two cars on my way to 3rd place.
Next corner I think turn 4 by now is a nice 3rd gear right hander. Lots of room but beware not to let the car run out too soon as she tightens up and there is no run off.Then short straight up to another faster right hander 4th gear this time."my favorite". Stay in 4th for another S bend right then left again second part turn in late and get tucked into apex.
Very short straight and then technical long sweeping right hander. This is fast in 3rd gear but you have to sacrifice speed as you are immediate on the brakes for tight left hander which is most important as you need to be exiting fast and flat out for the long run past start finish line. Great track, great people with lots of fun.
Old 21 Jun 2018, 19:49 (Ref:3832388)   #9
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2716.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	2.61 MB
ID:	51447

Approach turn 1
Old 21 Jun 2018, 19:50 (Ref:3832389)   #10
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK

Name:	IMG_2722.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	2.72 MB
ID:	51448
First S bend. Car goes light as there is a bit of a hill.
Old 21 Jun 2018, 19:52 (Ref:3832391)   #11
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK

Name:	IMG_2723.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	51449
Exit 2/3/ Down to turn 4 fast right hander.
Old 21 Jun 2018, 19:53 (Ref:3832392)   #12
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK

Name:	IMG_2726.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	2.69 MB
ID:	51450
Turn 4.
Old 21 Jun 2018, 19:55 (Ref:3832393)   #13
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
ttach]51451[/attach]
Short straight after 4 but quick so you rattle up the gears to 5th then knock down one on turn in. Great fantastic corner. Very fast.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2728.jpg  
Old 21 Jun 2018, 19:57 (Ref:3832394)   #14
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK

Name:	IMG_2730.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	51452
Turn 6/7 nice fast S bend in 4th gear.
Old 21 Jun 2018, 19:58 (Ref:3832395)   #15
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK

Name:	IMG_2731.jpg
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	51453 Exit left hander part of S bend and stay in 4th up to the right hander.
Old 21 Jun 2018, 20:00 (Ref:3832396)   #16
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK

Name:	IMG_2735.JPG
Size:	2.59 MB
ID:	51455
Last left hander 3rd gear. Use all the road on exit there is loads of it and on wards for another ;lap.
Old 22 Jun 2018, 09:28 (Ref:3832459)   #17
L-G Sjöberg
Racer

L-G Sjöberg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope to be there as well in two years time (God and my cars willing).
Old 27 Jun 2018, 08:24 (Ref:3833296)   #18
DmitryPry
Rookie

Latvia
Riga
I would love to see all of you in Riga again!

A lot of photos from Riga's event:

http://batcc.eu/2018/06/11/formula-junior-riga-2018/

http://batcc.eu/2018/06/11/batcc-round-2-day-2/

http://batcc.eu/2018/06/10/formula-j...round-2-day-1/
Old 2 Jul 2018, 21:44 (Ref:3834365)   #19
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by DmitryPry View Post
Wow excellent photos . Thank you . I was wondering who took the photo of me having a well earned pint . As Arnie said . I will be back . 😀