Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 1 May 2018, 17:19 (Ref:3818714)   #1
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
New Things for the 2018 Race

Well just ordered a new set of radio ear defenders for this years race, gad some clas olson ones for a few years but they gave up working last year and decided to invest in a new set. £29.49 from ebay. Nordstrand brand

Anyone else bought or going to buy some thing for 2018
Old 1 May 2018, 17:45 (Ref:3818715)   #2
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Same kind of investment here, but different brand and price and site to buy from - headphones from 3M, $40, bought off Amazon.

Also need to buy a new air mattress this weekend.
Old 1 May 2018, 20:39 (Ref:3818730)   #3
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I bought some AAA batteries from the Pound Shop for my radio today.

I don't think I need anything else new, but that's not to say I won't be tempted....

I was in Costco last night and they had a fancy 2-inch thick camping sleeping pad that looked way more comfortable than the thin one I currently use, but at £40 I felt that's a bit steep for one week's use per year.
Old 2 May 2018, 05:12 (Ref:3818797)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
New Honeywell headphones for me too. Plus a tripod holder for my iPhone.
Old 2 May 2018, 06:40 (Ref:3818805)   #5
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Air-con in the car has had a regas because it's going to be a scorcher, and new batteries for radio ear defenders, but that's all for me this year.
Old 2 May 2018, 18:11 (Ref:3818925)   #6
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
New much smaller air mattress. Not an investment for LM itself, but much easier to bring a long. I think that will be the only thing new for me this year.
Old 2 May 2018, 19:21 (Ref:3818940)   #7
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
my radio headphones turned up and they seem much better quality than the old ones, plus digital tuning not sure i will take them to spa as no radio broadcast.
Old 2 May 2018, 19:41 (Ref:3818945)   #8
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
my radio headphones turned up and they seem much better quality than the old ones, plus digital tuning not sure i will take them to spa as no radio broadcast.
I'm sure you can pick up some local station whilst at Spa and groove along to the hits of Plastic Bertrand and all the other famous Belgian pop stars (whose names escape me at this moment*).

* How could I forget, good old Fud Leclerc, the excellent Eddy Wally or the Flanders Maestro himself Bobbejaan Schoepen
Old 2 May 2018, 19:44 (Ref:3818948)   #9
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
I'm sure you can pick up some local station whilst at Spa and groove along to the hits of Plastic Bertrand and all the other famous Belgian pop stars (whose names escape me at this moment*).

* How could I forget, good old Fud Leclerc, the excellent Eddy Wally or the Flanders Maestro himself Bobbejaan Schoepen

You forgot Father Abraham's Smurf Song
Old 2 May 2018, 20:10 (Ref:3818950)   #10
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude2cv View Post
now that is real music, perhaps the aco could book him next year
Old 2 May 2018, 21:30 (Ref:3818965)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I must admit, back in the day, I had the record..... Which of course M. Bertrand himself never actually sang.......
Old 4 May 2018, 09:39 (Ref:3819351)   #12
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I must admit, back in the day, I had the record..... Which of course M. Bertrand himself never actually sang.......
You are out of time, Plastic Bertrand was a pure commercial product. Nowadays you should listen to Stromae.
Old 6 May 2018, 11:10 (Ref:3820297)   #13
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude2cv View Post
The Smurfs are Belgian (designed by Peyo) but Father Abraham is Dutch
Old 6 May 2018, 14:16 (Ref:3820356)   #14
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
The Smurfs are Belgian (designed by Peyo) but Father Abraham is Dutch
Never mind Vince, maybe you could get Hercule Poirrot to sing it next time ��

Sean

Last edited by Aysedasi; 6 May 2018 at 14:25. Reason: for the quote
Old 7 May 2018, 09:31 (Ref:3820547)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I forgot. I do have a new hat. I'm just going to cut the front hedge in it, to 'break it in'. Still have the old tatty one as well.
Old 10 May 2018, 11:50 (Ref:3821258)   #16
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have taken the plunge and bought an inflatable tent. Takes about 5 minutes to pitch, excluding guy ropes.

I'm doing a week in Scotland in July which is going to involved pitching it every day so this reduced pitstop time should be useful.
Old 10 May 2018, 12:40 (Ref:3821265)   #17
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
I assume these inflatable tents also fold down to a small package for transport? Or does the size of the pump exceed the size of the poles on a similar sized tent?
Old 10 May 2018, 17:38 (Ref:3821335)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm going to buy some ballast just to make sure my car doesn't flip while I'm there.......
Old 11 May 2018, 07:26 (Ref:3821444)   #19
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
New car, new caravan, new campsite
Same old driver though...
Old 11 May 2018, 09:28 (Ref:3821467)   #20
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'm going to buy some ballast just to make sure my car doesn't flip while I'm there.......
Ho Ho Andrew, wonder who that was aimed at. Luckily not taking the new little car this year, to help Vince out he has my TR pass now and i an being driven down in a Daimler, Thick wilton carpet, luxury connelly leather and little chance of rolling several tonnes of Coventry's finest.
Old 11 May 2018, 17:25 (Ref:3821531)   #21
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Actually not Simon......

It's celebrating the fact that for the first time in 33 years, I'm driving over.......
Old 11 May 2018, 21:55 (Ref:3821573)   #22
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
To help Vince out he has my TR pass
Very, very much appreciated!!!
Old 15 May 2018, 11:25 (Ref:3822579)   #23
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I assume these inflatable tents also fold down to a small package for transport? Or does the size of the pump exceed the size of the poles on a similar sized tent?
Folds to roughly the same size as a normal tent. The poles of a normal tent don't take up much space, after all.
Old 15 May 2018, 22:40 (Ref:3822718)   #24
Gilles lives!
Veteran

England
Kent.
Gilles lives! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
New car, new caravan, new campsite
Same old driver though...
New Campsite ? It just wasn't the same last year with the changes.

We haven't arranged anything yet, I think we still will go though.
Old 16 May 2018, 07:14 (Ref:3822758)   #25
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sky Q rather than Virgin and an Amazon Echo rather my phone....