Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 29 Apr 2019, 21:19 (Ref:3900572)   #26
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
Highlight of the weekend was Girolami forgetting which team he drives for in the post-race interview.
What did he say? Seems hilarious.
Old 30 Apr 2019, 01:01 (Ref:3900603)   #27
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race 2 was mental. Just a shame that it wasn't shown live in the UK, so it became the victim of Eurosport's unique way of doing highlights. "Show the first few laps, cut the middle out, show the last few laps. Yeah, that'll do."
Old 30 Apr 2019, 19:01 (Ref:3900806)   #28
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
Cinghio44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The problem is not Shedden, the problem Is the Audi, still uncompetitive in comparision to the other cars. Only Vernay drive well the RS3 TCR, he has clearly something more as he showed last year in Macau (spectacular to watch).

Also Vervish, who is a fast driver and knows well the Audi Is struggling with results altough he wasn't bad in these two rounds. For sure Shedden clearly has an horrible week end but it's not all his fault

Regards racing, It was more interesting than the horrendous Marrakech. Never expected a so fast Girolami, he disappointed me in that Volvo season in WTCC. I think Guerrieri is still better than him
Old 30 Apr 2019, 22:51 (Ref:3900856)   #29
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think we need to cut Flash some slack. He’s in a difficult car and Vernay is doing a mega job in it

Anyway, got to see it competitive up front
Old 2 May 2019, 16:43 (Ref:3901289)   #30
keviiinn
Rookie

United States
New York, USA
keviiinn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shedden and Coronel also have been absolutely horrendous. Last year they had excuses, they were new to the TCR car, but these guys have been driving race cars for decades, they should not be back markers.
Old 2 May 2019, 17:03 (Ref:3901293)   #31
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by keviiinn View Post
Shedden and Coronel also have been absolutely horrendous. Last year they had excuses, they were new to the TCR car, but these guys have been driving race cars for decades, they should not be back markers.
This might be a slightly controversial opinion, but was Coronel ever that good? He's had his moments, but never a consistent front-runner.
Old 2 May 2019, 17:48 (Ref:3901322)   #32
TR4racer
Racer

United Kingdom
London
TR4racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think we need to cut Flash some slack. He’s in a difficult car and Vernay is doing a mega job in it

Anyway, got to see it competitive up front
Gilles Magnus, a 19 year old novice, did exceptionally well in the so called 'difficult car' first time out in TCR Europe at the Hungaroring....Shedden is an experienced race driver and he just can't cut it at this level, stop making excuses for him.
Old 2 May 2019, 18:10 (Ref:3901336)   #33
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well that’s a different series, not to the level of the WTCR. Shedden hasn’t done too well, but that doesn’t make him a bad driver
Old 2 May 2019, 20:58 (Ref:3901401)   #34
TR4racer
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Quote:
Well that’s a different series, not to the level of the WTCR. Shedden hasn’t done too well, but that doesn’t make him a bad driver
It was at the same circuit on the same weekend in the same conditions and Magnus was faster and superior to Shedden.... guess you just don’t want to accept the truth....Shedden should go back to BTCC
Old 2 May 2019, 21:23 (Ref:3901405)   #35
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR4racer View Post
Shedden should go back to BTCC

I think even him realise that now. I wonder why Audi kept him for a second season in first place.
Old 3 May 2019, 05:01 (Ref:3901446)   #36
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
I think even him realise that now. I wonder why Audi kept him for a second season in first place.
He has two year contract!

Anyway I think we should judge him at the end of the season
Old 3 May 2019, 11:50 (Ref:3901478)   #37
Mark0994
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade
Mark0994 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.serbiaring.com/intervju/s...-ostao-u-btcc/

Shedden said that he never thought that it would be better if I stayed in the BTCC.
If you ask me I think it is harder for some drivers to adapt to some cars, like Shedden in Audi
I mean Shedden was on Pole in TCR Golf
But on the other hand, since Magnus and Panciatici are so fast in their first ever touring car races, if I was TCR Europe regular and championship contender I would ask myself how are they faster them me, when I am racing in touring my whole life...
Old 3 May 2019, 12:05 (Ref:3901481)   #38
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark0994 View Post
http://www.serbiaring.com/intervju/s...-ostao-u-btcc/

Shedden said that he never thought that it would be better if I stayed in the BTCC.
If you ask me I think it is harder for some drivers to adapt to some cars, like Shedden in Audi
I mean Shedden was on Pole in TCR Golf
I think the same too. Ok maybe Shedden Is not the phenomenal driver we saw in BTCC, but surely he's a really fast guy. By Reading the comments here It seems we're talking about a completely flop. He has never showed great things with the Audi, a bit Is down to him without any doubt and a bit down to the car which I don't see at the level of Hyundai and neither Link&Co Honda and Cupra to be fair.

Shedden in his career has always driven hatchback cars, probably he's struggling in finding a set up which give him a similar feeling with that type of touring Cars (quick turning, very responding). In his TCR debut he was immediately quick with the Golf. Maybe that car in Dubai had a good BOP but i don't remember exactly...
Old 3 May 2019, 14:34 (Ref:3901513)   #39
S griffin
Veteran

I think we need to take a close look. Shedden is not setting the world on fire here, but
he is against so many top international drivers. But he seems to be a bit behind them

I guess maybe he has found his level. He's not the best driver in the series and the Audi is a tough car to drive. Of course comparing the WTCR to TCR Middle East championship is not quite the same
Old 3 May 2019, 15:19 (Ref:3901529)   #40
TR4racer
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Quote:
Of course comparing the WTCR to TCR Middle East championship is not quite the same
I might be wrong but I thought that we were comparing WTCR and TCR Europe that were both running Audi cars at the same circuit, on the same weekend and with the same track and weather conditions.

I would have expected so much more from Shedden this season as he had last year to develop the car to his style and the whole of the winter to go testing. He is, after all, driving for the Audi works team with all the knowledge, experience and resources that they have at their disposal.
Old 3 May 2019, 18:10 (Ref:3901565)   #41
S griffin
Veteran

Well I was comparing it to his first race in TCR. It’s never easy to compare series, as there are many factors involved, even with the same cars, same circuit, same weather.

Maybe we shouldn’t have expected so much from him. He’s struggled with the car and he’s up against tough opposition, so maybe this is his level
Old 3 May 2019, 18:26 (Ref:3901569)   #42
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
Quote:
Well I was comparing it to his first race in TCR. It’s never easy to compare series, as there are many factors involved, even with the same cars, same circuit, same weather.

Maybe we shouldn’t have expected so much from him. He’s struggled with the car and he’s up against tough opposition, so maybe this is his level
It was not TCR Middle East...It was the last round of TCR International, season 2017...

Shedden was in his debut in TCR and signed the pole beating people like Jean Karl Vernay and all the other that now are competing in WTCR like Panis, Tassi and Vervish.
Old 3 May 2019, 19:16 (Ref:3901581)   #43
TR4racer
Racer

United Kingdom
London
Quote:
He came into WTCR as a 3 times BTCC champion amid much fanfare and high expectations....he is not a novice, he is a highly experienced and highly paid professional touring car driver.

I think it is absolutely right to have high expectations of him. I do not believe he is good enough to be at the WTCR level but we will see what happens at the end of the season.
Old 4 May 2019, 19:36 (Ref:3901850)   #44
S griffin
Veteran

Well he wasn’t exactly a clear no. 1 in the BTCC. Maybe that was a mistake to think so. He’s given WTCR a good try and if he doesn’t progress, it’s not the end of the world
Old 8 May 2019, 18:54 (Ref:3902685)   #45
keviiinn
Rookie

United States
New York, USA
keviiinn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
This might be a slightly controversial opinion, but was Coronel ever that good? He's had his moments, but never a consistent front-runner.
I'm reaching far back, but in the 2011 WTCC season, he finished 4th in the championship behind the factory Chevys, in the very-underclassed BMW. He's never been a front runner, but he's been respectable for a long time. He shouldn't be a backmarker.
Old 10 May 2019, 08:47 (Ref:3902923)   #46
Alessio
Racer

Italy
London
Alessio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's also won the Independents trophy twice (and once in the ETCC), JF3 and Nippon which is a fairly respectable CV imo. Perhaps he's not an Yvan Muller or a Gabriele Tarquini, but he's never been far off the pace. Besides, his social media work is fantastic and he's a great personality to have in the sport.