Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Sep 2021, 10:44 (Ref:4075017)   #226
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Im not one to defend Horner normally, but in this instance i'm with 'crm' on this and believe Horner has just explained what happened. The blame is laid specifically on human error.
OK, I suppose that I must have had my 'Red Bull moaning and blaming every/anyone but themselves' filter set too high when I read the article which led to my over-reaction!
Old 22 Sep 2021, 12:05 (Ref:4075027)   #227
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
OK, I suppose that I must have had my 'Red Bull moaning and blaming every/anyone but themselves' filter set too high when I read the article which led to my over-reaction!
I just think it is the 'cry wolf' situation playing out.
Old 22 Sep 2021, 13:08 (Ref:4075034)   #228
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Clearly a butterfly flapped its wings.

https://fs.blog/2017/08/the-butterfly-effect/
Interesting read that Peter. Makes me want to have a read of a couple of the books mentioned too.....
Old 3 Mar 2022, 11:24 (Ref:4101018)   #229
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
World champion Max Verstappen has signed a new contract with Red Bull that lasts until the end of 2028.

'The Dutchman was already committed to Red Bull until the end of 2023, and the team said the new contract was "in addition to" his existing deal.

Verstappen said: "I love this team and last year was simply incredible.

"Our goal since we came together in 2016 was to win the championship and we have done that. Now it's about keeping the number one on the car long term."

The new contract is said to be worth in the region of €40-50m (£33.3-41.7m) a year, which would make it among the most lucrative in F1 history.'
Old 3 Mar 2022, 12:04 (Ref:4101029)   #230
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
World champion Max Verstappen has signed a new contract with Red Bull that lasts until the end of 2028.

'The Dutchman was already committed to Red Bull until the end of 2023, and the team said the new contract was "in addition to" his existing deal.

Verstappen said: "I love this team and last year was simply incredible.

"Our goal since we came together in 2016 was to win the championship and we have done that. Now it's about keeping the number one on the car long term."

The new contract is said to be worth in the region of €40-50m (£33.3-41.7m) a year, which would make it among the most lucrative in F1 history.'
define Irony...

https://www.sportworldnews.org/f1/ne...for-formula-1/
Old 3 Mar 2022, 12:29 (Ref:4101037)   #231
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
No problem with that. Clearly, as far as Marko is concerned, his boy is the exception......
Old 3 Mar 2022, 13:17 (Ref:4101048)   #232
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
You quote an article that is over a year old..... time has moved on, and despite some calling for one no driver salary cap happened.

In the meantime the precedent for a WDC retainerhas been set by Mercedes / Hamilton, therefore Red Bull now have to meet the market value / cost of having the reigning world champion locked away, and pay the market price when the next contract talks come up. And to lock that person away early(ish) in their career long term is going to cost.

I guess both teams paid what they felt was the going rate within the existing rules. Ironic or not
Old 3 Mar 2022, 14:06 (Ref:4101059)   #233
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
I guess both teams paid what they felt was the going rate within the existing rules. Ironic or not
I think there are two points to this.

There is the value to the team.
There is the market value.

So if 19 drivers are already on contracts exceeding £20mill, then you would expect the 20th to attract this as a minimum, regardless of whether you think drivers are over-paid.

In terms of what the drivers are worth to the team, there is a calculation based on what a rival would also pay.

In Hamilton's situation, the question is - how much are Mercedes willing to pay for a 7x WDC, and how much would someone else be willing to pay to secure him. The answer is somewhere around £22m.

In Verstappen's situation, the same questions hold true. And the answer was around £18m, and this has risen to around £35m.

If you compare this with other sports - Patrick Mahomes' $45m per season was seen as being very high when he first signed. Now, that is seen as close to market rate. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to see a few drivers sign a deal for more than £40m per year sometime before Verstappen's current contract ends.
Old 3 Mar 2022, 14:26 (Ref:4101066)   #234
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
You quote an article that is over a year old..... time has moved on, and despite some calling for one no driver salary cap happened.

In the meantime the precedent for a WDC retainerhas been set by Mercedes / Hamilton, therefore Red Bull now have to meet the market value / cost of having the reigning world champion locked away, and pay the market price when the next contract talks come up. And to lock that person away early(ish) in their career long term is going to cost.

Ive no problem with Max being paid what hes worth, i just found it ironic that 12 months ago Marko was stating Hamilton was too expensive for F1....well ya cant have it both ways......
Old 3 Mar 2022, 15:53 (Ref:4101086)   #235
greentrumpet
Racer

greentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgreentrumpet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And the deal for Verstappen was very recent so the hypocrisy is fresh!
Old 3 Mar 2022, 16:21 (Ref:4101090)   #236
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
as a RB driver, does Max have the same opportunities for sponsorship income as Lewis does? and to be fair, i suspect much of LH's endorsement income is tied to the team's sponsors so not sure how much he has outside the team or how much extra any Merc sponsors pay Lewis on the side.

back in the day, Schumi was reported to be making like 80-100m a year between wage and sponsorship deals and allegedly had over 1b in career earnings.

dont think Max or Lewis for that matter will be anywhere close to that.
Old 3 Mar 2022, 16:25 (Ref:4101091)   #237
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I agree. I see no irony at all. Basically... they wanted a salary cap for drivers. It didn't happen. So business as usual. Maybe they should have stuck to their guns, cut Max loose as they didn't like his revised market price, implemented a voluntary salary cap that they only apply to themselves and then pick someone who is much cheaper (and less capable)?

Richard
Old 3 Mar 2022, 20:36 (Ref:4101122)   #238
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Ive no problem with Max being paid what hes worth, i just found it ironic that 12 months ago Marko was stating Hamilton was too expensive for F1....well ya cant have it both ways......
You need to stop taking crazy uncle Helmut so seriously and so literally.A lot of what he says is just to wind people up and he seems to do a good job of it by looking at these forums.
If you want an actual serious opinion about things Red Bull Racing listen to Christian not Helmut.
Old 3 Mar 2022, 23:35 (Ref:4101137)   #239
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
You need to stop taking crazy uncle Helmut so seriously and so literally.A lot of what he says is just to wind people up and he seems to do a good job of it by looking at these forums.
If you want an actual serious opinion about things Red Bull Racing listen to Christian not Helmut.
Horner?!? Arguably more of a wind up merchant than Marko!
The most serious thoughts on Red Bull come from experts outside the team.
Old 4 Mar 2022, 09:59 (Ref:4101163)   #240
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Horner really doesn't see the bigger picture in F1. At least Marko has been in F1 a long time.

Seriously though Red Bull have done well to achieve what they have in F1, but we'll see how much more they can achieve for now
Old 4 Mar 2022, 10:25 (Ref:4101167)   #241
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Horner really doesn't see the bigger picture in F1. At least Marko has been in F1 a long time.

Seriously though Red Bull have done well to achieve what they have in F1, but we'll see how much more they can achieve for now
Hang on.Horner has been a team principal for 15 years after a successful career as one in F2.No one is in the sport that long at that level taking a team from the mid field to win 5 championships without seeing “the bigger picture” whatever you think that is.
If you look at other team principals that have stayed at that level for so long and achieved that level of success which others have seen this “bigger picture” in a way that Horner hasn’t?
What is this “bigger picture” that Horner has failed to see anyway?Im sure he’d like to know.Might help him get achievements that merit praise a little less condescending than your last sentence.
Old 4 Mar 2022, 11:24 (Ref:4101174)   #242
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Oh I think he gets the 'bigger picture. He's pretty savvy and like all team managers he goes all out to support and protect his team. Nothing unusual about that. The sad thing is that I find him so unlikeable, whereas there is something 'likeable' (to me, anyway) about Wolff, for example.
Old 4 Mar 2022, 11:46 (Ref:4101176)   #243
GingerPixel
Racer

GingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Oh I think he gets the 'bigger picture. He's pretty savvy and like all team managers he goes all out to support and protect his team. Nothing unusual about that. The sad thing is that I find him so unlikeable, whereas there is something 'likeable' (to me, anyway) about Wolff, for example.
Obviously this is very subjective, but this is my issue too. Horner, and Max to a certain extend just seem such unpleasant characters. I'm aware that this shouldn't really matter in terms of sporting achievement, just like Lewis wearing funny trousers shouldn't, but for me it makes them harder to support from a fan perspective.
Old 4 Mar 2022, 16:12 (Ref:4101218)   #244
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Waits for the..
*you’re just jealous he is married to Ginger Spice”
Commentary..

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 4 Mar 2022, 16:25 (Ref:4101222)   #245
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Waits for the..
Commentary..

Er...... No.
Old 4 Mar 2022, 19:52 (Ref:4101252)   #246
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Waits for the..
Commentary..

He is probably glad he is not married to Posh Spice

https://www.vogue.com/article/victor...y-for-25-years

Richard
Old 5 Mar 2022, 10:55 (Ref:4101297)   #247
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Mind you, I'm pretty partial to a nice bit of grilled fish and simply grilled veg myself. Perhaps not every day though......
Old 5 Mar 2022, 10:58 (Ref:4101298)   #248
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
i like christian horner, and i would be happy married to geri
Old 5 Mar 2022, 12:12 (Ref:4101302)   #249
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i know someone who does work on their house and i can categorically say i would not in any way shape or form want to be married to either of them
Old 6 Mar 2022, 03:58 (Ref:4101357)   #250
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i know someone who does work on their house and i can categorically say i would not in any way shape or form want to be married to either of them
You going to leave us hanging here?