Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who Would Have Thought That Robert Kubica Would Drive This Weekend?
I did 2 33.33%
I Didn't 3 50.00%
I Did and I Didn't 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20 Oct 2018, 00:56 (Ref:3857852)   #26
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
The hype train is on the move again it seems. Some noise in and around the paddock on a full time drive for Kubica next year.

I really hope Bob will be given the remaining seat at Williams next year. Matter of fact, I'd give Kubica the remaining seat over Ocon and Sirotkin. Ocon only wants a one year deal at Williams, and doesn't want to commit to more.

See you later Ocon I say... give Kubica the seat.

Old 20 Oct 2018, 09:04 (Ref:3857893)   #27
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Ocon only wants a one year deal in case of the call from Merc obviously. Still it's nice Williams aren't aiming for money it seems
Old 21 Oct 2018, 00:27 (Ref:3858025)   #28
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Kubica wants Williams to make a decision on his position in the next two weeks. Claire has said no decision will be made until December at the earliest.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...lliams-in-2019

Kubica is also looking at other options within F1, and out of F1.

Old 21 Oct 2018, 08:43 (Ref:3858104)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
The hype train is on the move again it seems. Some noise in and around the paddock on a full time drive for Kubica next year.

I really hope Bob will be given the remaining seat at Williams next year. Matter of fact, I'd give Kubica the remaining seat over Ocon and Sirotkin. Ocon only wants a one year deal at Williams, and doesn't want to commit to more.

See you later Ocon I say... give Kubica the seat.
I must admit I find that utterly astonishing. IMO, it would be the biggest mistake Williams could make.
Old 21 Oct 2018, 13:04 (Ref:3858135)   #30
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Agreed.
Old 21 Oct 2018, 13:37 (Ref:3858136)   #31
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
I’m sorry but Kubica as had his day. Too much young talent out there like Ocon to waste it on a chance
Old 21 Oct 2018, 14:19 (Ref:3858145)   #32
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Im hoping all the Kubica looking good for the seat is just media hype.

RK has said he cant wait until December for a Williams decision....Claire Williams has said she wont be deciding any time soon on the second driver, and is in no rush.
Old 21 Oct 2018, 21:13 (Ref:3858258)   #33
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
C4 this weekend seemed pretty sure the Ocon deal was done. Either Kubica has a HUGE wedge of dosh to out weigh Mercedes, or Williams are stage managing this for extra publicity. Perish the thought!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 22 Oct 2018, 00:02 (Ref:3858298)   #34
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
I’m sorry but Kubica as had his day. Too much young talent out there like Ocon to waste it on a chance
Yup, can't see how Kubica could fit into an F1 grid on merit, hasn't been in an F1 race for eight years now!

Think Midgetman is also on the money.
Old 22 Oct 2018, 08:36 (Ref:3858347)   #35
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
C4 this weekend seemed pretty sure the Ocon deal was done.
Im with you on that.... more news today makes my belief stronger, with Vandoorne getting the Mercedes simulator gig over the much more Mercedes aligned Ocon. Good for Vandoorne, as with his electric series gig and this Merc simulator gig as well he will keep his name in the F1 paddock for the future. A simulator b**ch gig at Ferrari did not do Kvyat any harm did it.

But there has to be a good reason why one so aligned with Mercedes, and who has indicated they would be in the F1 paddock anyway, would be overlooked in favour of Vandoorne.

I would put money on Ocon to Williams for at least 2019.
Old 22 Oct 2018, 14:50 (Ref:3858432)   #36
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
I have to agree the idea of Kubica in the Williams is a very romantic thought, in practical terms Ocon is the choice I would make...
Old 22 Oct 2018, 15:47 (Ref:3858443)   #37
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
And it seems like Williams are working hard to make it happen, if it hasn't already been a done deal. So looks like Ocon will stay on the grid after all
Old 22 Oct 2018, 17:05 (Ref:3858459)   #38
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
if the seat is between Ocon and Kubica i would prefer to see it go to Ocon...but i am still very curious to see what he can do.

maybe thats for the last couple of races this year or a full time ride next year with a different team (although off the top of my head not sure what, if any, seats are still available for next year).
Old 23 Oct 2018, 10:56 (Ref:3858588)   #39
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
So William, met with Williams, and spoke to Rob during the weekend.

Has the Kubica hype train been given a 'richer' chance of making it to it's final destination?? We will have to wait and see I guess.

Old 23 Oct 2018, 18:05 (Ref:3858663)   #40
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Forgive me for my obvious lack of knowledge, but at the risk of losing any remaining street cred I may have had, who is beardyman and what has he got to do with anything?
Old 23 Oct 2018, 18:46 (Ref:3858685)   #41
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Forgive me for my obvious lack of knowledge, but at the risk of losing any remaining street cred I may have had, who is beardyman and what has he got to do with anything?
William Storey - an article about him and his 'bid to buy Force India can be found at http://theinsideline.com/story/f1-2018-news-feature-william-storey-interview-rich-energy-ceo
Old 23 Oct 2018, 20:28 (Ref:3858716)   #42
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Ah, ok, I thought he was a member of ZZ Top.......
Old 24 Oct 2018, 11:17 (Ref:3858839)   #43
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
I am 100% with Ted on his comments in the video below.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...g-for-williams

C'mon Williams. You have lost many of your Williams F1 Team fans because of your actions in the past few years. Me included. Here's a chance for you to get those fans back onboard. DO IT Williams!!

Last edited by F1Guy; 24 Oct 2018 at 11:26.
Old 24 Oct 2018, 11:22 (Ref:3858841)   #44
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If they do then they'll lose More fans I'm afraid.
Old 24 Oct 2018, 11:40 (Ref:3858847)   #45
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
How about he joins Williams, they end up sucking in 2019 and then those who carry the torch for Kubica will blame Williams for putting the last nail in the coffin of his F1 career. Or the alternative is that Williams magically rebounds and Kubica romps. What is more likely?

Richard
Old 24 Oct 2018, 11:46 (Ref:3858849)   #46
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Ah, ok, I thought he was a member of ZZ Top.......
+1

This a no brainer, Ocon has to be with team Willy and more to the point Paddy better come up with something on the pace. There is no room for sentiment at this level.
Old 24 Oct 2018, 11:53 (Ref:3858850)   #47
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Why would Mercedes want to put 'highly rated' Ocon against 'highly rated' Russell - in the same team against each other?? One of them will lose in a big way. And I'm not talking points either. It would be a death sentence to one of the Mercedes drivers F1 career if they were both to be at Williams next year.

Old 24 Oct 2018, 12:52 (Ref:3858863)   #48
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I really don't see why - you talk as if it is unheard of to have two very good drivers in the same team. Stuff and nonsense. One against the other with a battle for supremacy is how it's always been (or ought to be). Throwing Kubica into the mix is the very last option on the long list that stretches from good ideas at the top to the last vestiges of panic and desperation at the bottom (or even over the page).
Old 24 Oct 2018, 13:35 (Ref:3858877)   #49
S griffin
Veteran

I think it would be more worthwhile to put Ocon in the car rather than Kubica, no offence to Bobby
Old 24 Oct 2018, 13:39 (Ref:3858880)   #50
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Why would Mercedes want to put 'highly rated' Ocon against 'highly rated' Russell - in the same team against each other?? One of them will lose in a big way. And I'm not talking points either. It would be a death sentence to one of the Mercedes drivers F1 career if they were both to be at Williams next year.

If this is the case why in the first place put your drivers in a Williams?