Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 29 May 2000, 15:38 (Ref:7384)   #1
John B
Rookie

John B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Months ago someone here wrote that the class of 2000 would be the biggest story of the year, and that's looking like a decent bet now.

It's amazing to consider that we're a bad Tony Stewart pitstop at Richmond away from going into June without a repeat winner. Of course, one could also say that a caution at California kept Kenseth from being a two time winner.

Remember all that 'boring' talk in the media and on BBs back in February?
Old 29 May 2000, 21:44 (Ref:7385)   #2
Lee
Racer

Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
While not a member of this forum back in February, I have to agree with whoever said that, about the 2000 Rookie class has been 100% right. Little "E" and Kenseth are locked in an extreamly tight battle for the ROTY, and I don't think that we've heard the last of either of them yet, as far as winning races is concerned. I read somewhere this morning, I think it was on Jayski's site, that Dave Blaney said, "looks like I choose the wrong year to compete for rookie of the year!" I'd say thats true for him, as well as the rest of the other candidates this year.
Old 29 May 2000, 21:52 (Ref:7386)   #3
Heeltoe6
Veteran

Heeltoe6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe Mike Bliss was the source for that quote, although Blaney might have said something similar. Either way, sounds like sour grapes from a subpar driver who will never be in a class with lil E or Kenseth.Sorry, but Mike Bliss is just avergae, and has toi face that. Maybe I'm still grinding an axe cause he stole Ruttman's truck seat, but it's still true. He couldn't contend for a cts champ. even though he was supposed to (now Wallace is in his old ride), and he hasn't done much in lmited bgn starts either. Anyways, what I'm saying is that the only way Bliss would win ROTY would be if he was the only driver running for it, so I don't know why he's complaining.

But is anyone else a little surprised with Blaney. I didn't expect him to be up lil E or Kenseth, but I thought he'd doing better than he is, which is really struggling. Maybe he'll turn it up 2/3 into the season, like he did his first year in bgn.
Old 30 May 2000, 00:58 (Ref:7387)   #4
Lee
Racer

Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heeltoe6,
You could very well be right about it being Bliss instead of Blaney, in fact, I think you are. Oh well, at least I got the first letter of the name correct . Yeah, I think that was wrong for him to have taken Joe Ruttman's ride in the truck series. Bliss really didn't impress me either. You know, even if he was the only rookie in the race, he might still find a way to finish 2nd in the ROTY contest . See you later.

Lee
Old 31 May 2000, 00:58 (Ref:7388)   #5
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I had a post, which has since been deleted in routine maintenance, where I said that this year's rookie crop was the best ever. My buddy Lee Roy responded and said that he thought it would be the story of the year.
Old 11 Jun 2000, 02:15 (Ref:16666)   #6
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
Ax Slinger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heh... I would have never guessed that this season's only three timer would be a rookie, much less be Little E. (If you include the Winston that is.)