Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 25 Feb 2001, 16:55 (Ref:66623)   #1
FREAKSFORUM.COM
Rookie

FREAKSFORUM.COM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Today should be a very emotional day at the track. A missing man formation will be run over the track by the Air Force, and a salute to Dale will happen before the race.

Thoughts will be all over the place today, but someone will win the race....

A lot of attention will be on Earnhardt Jr today.

However i don't see him winning the race even if it is what everyone would love to see.

Look for either Stewart or Gordon to take the checkered flag today.

Thanks and God Bless,

FREAK

[Edited by Craig Antill on 25th February 2001]
Old 25 Feb 2001, 21:29 (Ref:66668)   #2
Hans.ca
Racer

Hans.ca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ernhardt Jr. crashed today less then 3/4 lap into the race. After he got hit from behind he spun up into the wall. Left side of the car is badly damaged and was put away into the transporter. Junior is OK.
Race has been called because of rain and will be re-started tomorrow 11am.
They had a very moving tribute to Dale before the start of the race. Every spectator received a small Ernhardt flag upon entering the speed way. It was very nice.
I was hoping for better luck for junior today. At least they have time to get ready for Vegas next sunday.
Old 25 Feb 2001, 23:20 (Ref:66687)   #3
FREAKSFORUM.COM
Rookie

FREAKSFORUM.COM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Fox did an excellent tribute to Dale today. It was only fitting that it rained and the race was halted. While the race was in rain delay before the start at the halftime of the Kentucky/Arkansas game CBS did a tribute to Dale. It was short, poignant and very touching.

It was certainly a tough day for me, and while trying to explain to my son how important it was, he didn't understand the full meaning, and went into his room and got out his NASCAR 2000 sony game and pretended he was Dale by using the black # 3 car. Touching indeed.

It was rather ironic and bizarre on how Dale JR wrecked on the very first lap. It was very eerie to say the very least.

The race will resume tomorrow at 11AM on FX network. As for the racers their schedule will be rather cramped as Las Vegas will be only 6 days away and they have to transport everything across the country. So it should make for interesting fodder next week.

I see my post was edited for inviting people to talk sports at my forum. I apologize to the moderator of this forum.

God Bless

Old 26 Feb 2001, 03:40 (Ref:66734)   #4
John B
Rookie

John B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Earnhardt Jr. crash was indeed chilling in its visual resemblance to the Daytona tragedy (at least on TV) in the manner that his car was turned into the turn 3 wall. I can only imagine what the family must have thought even though the speeds were much lower. Watching Dale Jr I'm impressed by how he's handled himself in interviews this weekend. His "to the family, I'm fine, no big deal" sticks in my mind.
Old 26 Feb 2001, 11:22 (Ref:66771)   #5
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Take a look at this ... spooky. I am just glad he is OK.

Old 26 Feb 2001, 22:03 (Ref:66882)   #6
John B
Rookie

John B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More irony in this 2001 season, as Park puts another win on the board for Earnhardt Incorporated.