Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 Jul 2011, 18:25 (Ref:2922974)   #1
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Round 3: Lime Rock 8-9 July 2011

The first on track activities are less than 2 days away. It will be a compact race weekend. All practice and qualifying takes place on Friday with the race on Saturday.

There are no LMP2 cars this round, but we have an additional LMP1 car bringing the total to 3.

Entry List

Schedule

Don't forget the race will be streamed live on ESPN3 or the ALMS site depending on where you live.

Also has anybody heard what track layout they will use? Specifically which versions of the Uphill and West Bend sections will they use?
Old 6 Jul 2011, 18:27 (Ref:2922977)   #2
92scotland
Racer

United Kingdom
92scotland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid92scotland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Andy has put which layout is being used into the spotters guide. Just at the bottom: http://www.spotterguides.com/images/...imerock_SG.jpg
Old 6 Jul 2011, 18:54 (Ref:2922992)   #3
Cuttlefish
Racer

United States
Seattle, WA
Cuttlefish should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92scotland View Post
Andy has put which layout is being used into the spotters guide. Just at the bottom: http://www.spotterguides.com/images/...imerock_SG.jpg
Woah, neither chicane?!?!

EDIT: Article below says Uphill Chicane + Classic West Bend.
http://www2.highlandstoday.com/conte...-at-lime-rock/

Last edited by Cuttlefish; 6 Jul 2011 at 19:01.
Old 6 Jul 2011, 19:01 (Ref:2922994)   #4
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The preview on DSC said they were only skipping the West Bend chicane.
Old 6 Jul 2011, 19:33 (Ref:2923011)   #5
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttlefish View Post
Woah, neither chicane?!?!

EDIT: Article below says Uphill Chicane + Classic West Bend.
http://www2.highlandstoday.com/conte...-at-lime-rock/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
The preview on DSC said they were only skipping the West Bend chicane.
Thanks for the info. Running without either chicane would be madness. I saw on a Jaguar story that PJ Jones has the all time lap record at Lime Rock of 43 seconds, but that was without either chicane. so I was thinking maybe they were removing the chicanes to make the old guy comfortable!
Old 6 Jul 2011, 20:36 (Ref:2923032)   #6
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Zurbert82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Thanks for the info. Running without either chicane would be madness. I saw on a Jaguar story that PJ Jones has the all time lap record at Lime Rock of 43 seconds, but that was without either chicane. so I was thinking maybe they were removing the chicanes to make the old guy comfortable!
That Jag lap was with the pre 2008 iteration of the track with the concrete uphill chicane just at the crest of the uphill. None the less, a very quick lap. I believe in 2007 one of the RS Spyders did a lap in the 44's, and that was during a practice session. Qualifying was rained out that year. I think the new uphill chicane is slightly slower than the old uphill chicane, and with the slower cars, I think we'll see 47's or 48's from the LMP1 machines.
Old 7 Jul 2011, 01:26 (Ref:2923120)   #7
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
I put the layout from what i was given. I'll find out more and update if necessary
Old 7 Jul 2011, 06:07 (Ref:2923141)   #8
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Guide now updated with circuit map and updated livery for one of the Intersport LMPC
Old 7 Jul 2011, 07:10 (Ref:2923155)   #9
AUSRSR
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
AUSRSR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking very much forward to this one..

Great to see a second Dyson car. Can't wait to see what transpires in GT2.
Old 7 Jul 2011, 08:54 (Ref:2923183)   #10
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSRSR View Post
Looking very much forward to this one..
Same here, although the 4.00am Sunday start is nothing to get excited about.
Old 7 Jul 2011, 09:35 (Ref:2923197)   #11
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The race will also be shown live in Europe on Motors TV starting at 6:50pm BST 7:50pm CET
Old 7 Jul 2011, 10:59 (Ref:2923225)   #12
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm actually very excited, much more than when we were heading to Imola. Sure the LMP "battle" can be a bit lackluster, but with a GT2 field like this and wicked track as Lime Rock we're in for a treat again. The circuit isn't loved by everyone (incl drivers), but I think it's still a worthy event! Got a little worried last year when those grim rumours started to appear...

Does anyone know the latest weather forecast for the weekend?
Old 7 Jul 2011, 11:10 (Ref:2923233)   #13
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post

http://www.myweather2.com/Motor-Raci...k-Circuit.aspx
Old 7 Jul 2011, 13:50 (Ref:2923307)   #14
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post

The race should be dry, but a chance of showers on Friday's practice.
Old 7 Jul 2011, 15:23 (Ref:2923335)   #15
speedkills
Rookie

speedkills should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
INTERSPORT RACING -

Intersport Racing "All In" For Northeast Grand Prix at Lime Rock

Intersport Racing will kick off the second portion of the American Le Mans series with a pair of LMPC cars and a top-flight driver line-up. The series, after its traditional break for the 24 Hours of Le Mans, returns to racing with Round 3, the American Le Mans Northeast Grand Prix at Lime Rock Park, on July 9.

In his first on-track appearance since 2010 Petit Le Mans, Jon Field will pair up with the young Australian stand-out, James Kovacic. The two will share the No. 37 Lenco Mobile LMPC car.

In 2010, at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, James won his debut race in the Coopers Tires Prototype Lites driving the Elan DP02 Mazda powered Lite's for Intersport. Kovacic is the first Australian to taste success in this class and is the youngest competitor to do so.

Field, while no stranger to prototype racing, will make his debut appearance in the LMPC class.
"These cars are a blast," noted Jon. "I'm excited to be back behind the wheel and I'm equally excited to drive with James. He's an amazing talent and I think our combined efforts will equate into a formidable contender in the LMPC class. We're a perfect fit."

Just off an outstanding 2nd place finish at Long Beach, Tomy Drissi and Kyle Marcelli will return in the No. 89 Intersport Racing Rise of the Planet of the Apes / DynaPep LMPC car.
"I'm really excited to get back in the No. 89 Rise of the Planet of the Apes / DynaPep LMPC car with Kyle," said Tomy. "We had such a good run at Long Beach, the anticipation of getting back in the car has been killing me. And I'm a big fan of Lime Rock. Running the prototype here should be a lot of fun."

"I think we'll do really well here," noted Drissi. "I've had quite a bit of experience at the track and I know Kyle was very fast here last year. The Intersport guys know the setup so I think we'll be quick right off the transporter. I'm also looking forward to going wheel-to-wheel with Jon Field who'll be in the No. 37 LMPC sister car. That's going to be a blast!"

In 2010 Marcelli qualified the #89 P2 in the wet conditions. Unfortunately for the team, after being consistently the quickest car in class on track, a mechanical failure forced an early retirement with only 45 minutes remaining in the 2h 45 min race.

“We had a great car in 2010," said Marcelli. "With Lime Rock, traffic management is crucial. It's very rare that you get a clean, fast lap; you have to move through traffic as quickly as possible. Looking back at last year and our 2nd place finish at Long Beach; I know a win is definitely attainable.”

Jon Field is having a hard time containing his enthusiasm for Intersport's potential at Lime Rock.

"This is a fantastic line-up," added Jon. "I really feel good about what we've put together. We're in the right class at the right time with the right driver line-up. We've got youth and experience. And our guys have prepared a great pair of cars. They were hooked up here last year and with the testing we did during the Le Mans break; I have no reason to believe we can't run at the front."

"More importantly," said Jon in closing, "we've got a group of guys that know how to have fun. That's important to us. Yeah, it's hard work and yes we'd like to win. But in the end, we're here to meet and interact with fans and have a good time."

Old 7 Jul 2011, 21:24 (Ref:2923467)   #16
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
No Lambo?
Old 7 Jul 2011, 21:58 (Ref:2923479)   #17
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pederb View Post
No Lambo?
No, apparently West Racing had their car for sale, although I don't know if it was sold or if they have another car. Anyway, it would not be surprising if they stopped racing the Lambo. The performance of that car was quite pathetic.
Old 7 Jul 2011, 22:11 (Ref:2923483)   #18
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Excited about the GTE battle, but with both ALMS and Grand Am this weekend it will truly show people how much prototype sports car racing in the U.S. is struggling. 3 cars in ALMS LMP and 1 car that can actually win in GA DP.
Old 8 Jul 2011, 03:39 (Ref:2923521)   #19
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGD View Post
No, apparently West Racing had their car for sale, although I don't know if it was sold or if they have another car. Anyway, it would not be surprising if they stopped racing the Lambo. The performance of that car was quite pathetic.
Well they did say that the lambo was effectively a GT3 chassis...Perhaps they are getting a bespoke GT2 lambo?
Old 8 Jul 2011, 04:15 (Ref:2923526)   #20
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Is Reiter actually making any of those (GT2 Gallardos) at present?
Old 8 Jul 2011, 04:32 (Ref:2923527)   #21
anthonyvop
Rookie

United States
Miami, Florida
anthonyvop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am kind of psyched about the LMPC class. 6 cars. I chatted with Elton Julian and Mark Scott from Genoa Racing this morning for my show and they are very enthusiastic about a good finish this weekend.
Old 8 Jul 2011, 05:06 (Ref:2923529)   #22
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Is Reiter actually making any of those (GT2 Gallardos) at present?
I always thought the GT2 Gallardos were simply upgraded GT3 cars, I remember they ran the car first at the Spa 1000km 2009 and there's the Gulf GT2 Gallardo that ran last year too besides the West car.
Old 8 Jul 2011, 10:18 (Ref:2923586)   #23
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Gonna be heading up there today!
Old 8 Jul 2011, 13:13 (Ref:2923667)   #24
AUSRSR
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
AUSRSR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Gonna be heading up there today!
Enjoy!

No RLM coverage? Or is John commentating for ESPN? Sucks if that's true, can't watch the streams due to region limits
Old 8 Jul 2011, 13:18 (Ref:2923669)   #25
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSRSR View Post
Enjoy!

No RLM coverage? Or is John commentating for ESPN? Sucks if that's true, can't watch the streams due to region limits
The ALMS website will probably have the audio only feed of Hindy's qualifying coverage on their website under ALMS Radio. Anyway, no matter where you are in the world, you should be able to watch qualifying using either the ALMS website (international) or ESPN3 (in the US).