Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 30 Jun 2018, 05:26 (Ref:3833715)   #76
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Its not "the beast" its "Le Monstre".
Old 30 Jun 2018, 06:03 (Ref:3833718)   #77
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
No worry Delta, if you ask for kwassons or qwassons you'll get what you're asking for… unless you didn't enter a bakery !

No worry again, "parachute" has almost the same spelling/ pronouncing in both language. In you case, what you need is "parachute de queue" to stop your Caddy before Mulsanne, the place we use to have "panneautage".
I'm but a mechanic but think you should consider the use of a parachute for each lap…
Old 1 Jul 2018, 12:05 (Ref:3833923)   #78
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
So the important bit- the weather forecast! Looks like if there is rain, it will be on Thursday. Few days ago it was looking bad all that day, with thunderstorms Wednesday pm / eve as well, but latest prediction just mentions possible showers on Thursday, and up to 30 C by Sunday- just like UK at the moment! 2 yrs ago it was scorchio the whole meeting, so possibly more of the same.......

Why the interest? I’m going!
Old 1 Jul 2018, 12:35 (Ref:3833926)   #79
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did wonder how long it would take to change your mind!
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 2 Jul 2018, 09:32 (Ref:3834285)   #80
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Mike, what car will you drive? Last forecast, rather cool temps for all weekend not exceeding 25 C, may be some light showers on Friday.
Old 2 Jul 2018, 10:36 (Ref:3834296)   #81
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Mike, what car will you drive? Last forecast, rather cool temps for all weekend not exceeding 25 C, may be some light showers on Friday.
No no- not driving. Just going to get in the way and annoy people....
Old 2 Jul 2018, 14:17 (Ref:3834311)   #82
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
..... Just going to get in the way and annoy people....
Er that’s what we do when we are driving?
Mag 7's #60
Old 2 Jul 2018, 14:29 (Ref:3834312)   #83
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That sounds like a great forecast for me and the old man watching and camping!!!
Old 2 Jul 2018, 15:18 (Ref:3834316)   #84
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
A good weather forecast can be found typing
météo gratuite Ã* 15 jours, ville Le Mans zipcode 72. Of course if you ask for "la dernière" at the airfield close to the track it will be more accurate. Enjoy it!
Old 2 Jul 2018, 16:59 (Ref:3834331)   #85
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
A good weather forecast can be found typing
météo gratuite Ã* 15 jours, ville Le Mans zipcode 72. Of course if you ask for "la dernière" at the airfield close to the track it will be more accurate. Enjoy it!

But Gerard, for those who lack power to win in their class a "bad weather" forecast might be more appealing. Where might they find one I wonder?

Old 2 Jul 2018, 18:46 (Ref:3834343)   #86
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
But Gerard, for those who lack power to win in their class a "bad weather" forecast might be more appealing. Where might they find one I wonder?
Well that’s worse than the Beeb one.... And it’s in a foreign language.
Old 3 Jul 2018, 04:49 (Ref:3834390)   #87
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
C'on Grant, you just have to follow old Indian advice… Clean your bike and your cars carefully and as Mike would wear short trousers! At least it works for me. Dont think bike and cars are clean only when its raining though! In principle, no scorchio and no mud in the camping lot.

A lot of my friends are waiting for the Jag' Challenge announced to be one of the most competitive grid.
Old 3 Jul 2018, 17:56 (Ref:3834463)   #88
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Forecast steady but you can expect some short showers. In foreign language, it gives "quelques rares averses". But you can all speak french! VEN means Friday, SAM means Shadowday and DIM means the show is over, see you next time!
Old 3 Jul 2018, 22:12 (Ref:3834485)   #89
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Lots of people bound for LMC on Caen Ferry that’s running hours late
Obviously lots of hairdressers going looking at cars boarding!
Yes I am fed up.
Old 3 Jul 2018, 22:47 (Ref:3834490)   #90
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
You can’t be fed up yet, you haven’t even left!!
Mag 7's #60
Old 4 Jul 2018, 04:54 (Ref:3834525)   #91
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
I managed 10 miles before hit an ‘overnight road closure’ (figuratively), which is better than last middle of the night journey when I only managed 3 before same thing!

Hope the Caen ferry eventually set sail. Now waiting to board the poverty spec P&O boat.....

Next stop Sarthe!
Old 4 Jul 2018, 05:58 (Ref:3834527)   #92
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Mike, did you have a free hair cut while waiting for your boat? Hope you're well prepared to face the new PA dress code…
Old 4 Jul 2018, 08:00 (Ref:3834534)   #93
8en
Rookie

United Kingdom
South West
8en should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi, I had originally booked to go to LM Classic with my better half and parents, however at very last minute have had to cancel. I’m still keen to go so if anyone is going on there own/would be happy for me to jump in with them please PM me. Obviously happy to share costs etc.
Thanks
Ben
Old 4 Jul 2018, 08:45 (Ref:3834541)   #94
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
In Houx
Seems to be less hassle than normal but let’s wait three hours to see what happens
Old 4 Jul 2018, 16:45 (Ref:3834653)   #95
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I can't see in the local newspaper if Mike has landed in Sarthe or not…
One of my mate is joining but discovered this morning he suffers a bad tendinitis in his Achilles tendon. No to much to worry, its "only" the left one. If you meet someone looking for an auto gearbox for a Jag', thats the guy!
Old 4 Jul 2018, 16:54 (Ref:3834655)   #96
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
FYI Mike has gone through to the camping . I am still waiting . I don’t mind aswe have space saved for us . I just want to get off to Arnage for beer and Pizza . 😀😀😀
Old 4 Jul 2018, 16:59 (Ref:3834656)   #97
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
😄
Old 4 Jul 2018, 17:30 (Ref:3834662)   #98
retrognome
Racer

retrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pics

I will be three days at Le Mans Classic. Please if you want pics ask me now, there are just so many cars. Usual contact: pwb@retro-speed.co.uk Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_3558.jpg  
Old 4 Jul 2018, 17:45 (Ref:3834666)   #99
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mk1 Cortina rear lights - so evocative, so unmistakeable.
Old 4 Jul 2018, 18:44 (Ref:3834676)   #100
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
So me Mike Stewart and team Stephens are having pizza and beer in Arnarge . 😀