Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 6 Jan 2003, 23:08 (Ref:465813)   #1
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Insurance

Warning, rant ahead....

Got my car insurance renawal through the post this week. I have to admit I'm one of those people who rarely bothers to check for better quotes. I normally think about it before Xmas but don't bother as it's too soon and by the time I get past New Year and start thinking about it again it's too late. Anyhow, this time I thought I'd harness the power of the internet and see what's available. Afetr about an hour the best I could come up with was around £550 which wasn't too bad compared to the £680 my existing insurer wanted.

As a final resort I thought I'd try my own insurers website. Tap in a few details and.... £501.10, yes, not only the cheapest quote but some £180 cheaper that the current renewal. Same car, same cover, same details, everything the same except the price!

Decided to phone up the helpline to question why the big difference. "Erm.. don't know.. never seen that before.."
Old 6 Jan 2003, 23:12 (Ref:465817)   #2
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ha, I found it was the other way round. For me the online quotes were vastly more expensive than when I phoned up for quotes.
Old 6 Jan 2003, 23:28 (Ref:465832)   #3
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I never just renew it at the price they quote in the renewal letter. Ive just got my letter and on it they quote the value of the car the same as last year.

you could try get a quote from the one I use, www.performancedirect.co.uk they always seem to beat any other quote I get and you can often knock them down lower if a rival is cheaper.