Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 9 May 2004, 20:52 (Ref:965881)   #1
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Liability Insurance

Talking to a fellow photographer today and he mentioned a change to the accrediation requirement for MSV circuits (Brands/Oulton/etc). The revised event application form includes a note that you must provide proof of public liability insurance with a minimum of £5M cover. This apparantly will extend to anyone signed on, whether via an event application or any season pass (MSA, Brands, TOCA, etc), so if you have a season pass you must provide a copy of the insurance certificate when you sign on.

How many people actually carry a copy of the certificate with them? I haven't signed on at an MSV circuit this year so I can't say how strickly this is being enforced, but I understand it has already caused a few heated exchanges.

Anyone heard any more on this or had any experiences so far?
Old 9 May 2004, 21:06 (Ref:965904)   #2
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re: Liability Insurance

Quote:
Originally posted by redshoes
Talking to a fellow photographer today and he mentioned a change to the accrediation requirement for MSV circuits (Brands/Oulton/etc). The revised event application form includes a note that you must provide proof of public liability insurance with a minimum of £5M cover. This apparantly will extend to anyone signed on, whether via an event application or any season pass (MSA, Brands, TOCA, etc), so if you have a season pass you must provide a copy of the insurance certificate when you sign on.

How many people actually carry a copy of the certificate with them? I haven't signed on at an MSV circuit this year so I can't say how strickly this is being enforced, but I understand it has already caused a few heated exchanges.

Anyone heard any more on this or had any experiences so far?
Sorry if this sounds really dumb, but why would a photographer need to carry that amount of PLI? I've only ever come across that level in my work, which is in the legal profession, dealing with the construction industry.
Old 9 May 2004, 21:48 (Ref:965940)   #3
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
absurd. totally daft. trying to get rid of the non-professionals again.
Old 9 May 2004, 21:53 (Ref:965946)   #4
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I signed on at Cadwell for the HSCC 2 weeks ago with my MSA pass and nothing was said. I would have thought the MSA would be on top of this to advise us. I have not heard anything.
Old 10 May 2004, 20:08 (Ref:966859)   #5
jasont
Rookie

jasont should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've signed on without trouble at Brands earlier this season, although I do have PLI so it's not a big deal, nobody has asked me to produce my certificate.

J
Old 11 May 2004, 08:54 (Ref:967363)   #6
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have e-mailed Allan Dean-Lewis at the MSA for clarification - here is his response:

" I am copying your message and this response to our Media Advisory Panel Chairman John Horton for his awareness and information. Clearly any additional requirements imposed by organisations such as MSV are a matter for them, and do not impinge on our procedures which cover all MSA events.

At MSA permitted events, the Public Liability Insurance cover detailed in Section W of our Yearbook applies, which provides up to £30M cover for organising clubs and their club officials, which additionally protects other officials who are signed on for the event and this includes (signed-on) media personnel. Note however that the Personal Accident cover from the MSA which extends to most officials performing duty at events does not apply to media personnel".
Old 11 May 2004, 08:59 (Ref:967371)   #7
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
So I take it we are covered ( PLI) by the organising club, but not the MSV circuit?
Old 13 May 2004, 20:02 (Ref:970226)   #8
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I just got my MSV forms today and I also noticed that...however it only says that applications wont be considered if not accompanied by a letter of accrediation and doesn't suggests the provision of pli documentation is mandatory
I didn't have to provide any at Cadwell, the Donington sign on doesn't mention it and neither does the Silverstone application..Mondello's certainly didn't
Maybe we should just hush up and play it by ear ...shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...