Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 10 Oct 2020, 13:39 (Ref:4009487)   #301
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good to hear Viv, at 15 sold (two to the same person) it is a very disappointing take up considering how many friends posted on this thread. Things are not always what they seem.
Old 10 Oct 2020, 17:43 (Ref:4009509)   #302
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Good to hear Viv, at 15 sold (two to the same person) it is a very disappointing take up considering how many friends posted on this thread. Things are not always what they seem.
Bob, you shouldn't make people feel pressured into buying this especially as a lot of us gave to Mike's just giving page earlier in the year. Things are what they seem and some people may not want to buy a calendar just for the sake of it.

Peter Mallett or John, if you think this post is out of order please delete it.
Old 11 Oct 2020, 06:48 (Ref:4009698)   #303
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sorry I'll get round to it. Life has been working or sleeping lately

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 11 Oct 2020, 10:24 (Ref:4009730)   #304
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ordered today - up to 16 now, Bob ….. and be patient!!
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 11 Oct 2020, 11:01 (Ref:4009740)   #305
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Ordered today - up to 16 now, Bob ….. and be patient!!
Yes John, I must calm down, Tim was right.()

Old 11 Oct 2020, 17:50 (Ref:4009915)   #306
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Tim was right.()

Would you tell my wife that Bob
Old 11 Oct 2020, 20:04 (Ref:4009957)   #307
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Would you tell my wife that Bob
I would Tim, but if she is anything like mine - she won't believe me
Old 12 Oct 2020, 08:59 (Ref:4010089)   #308
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 12 Oct 2020, 09:45 (Ref:4010098)   #309
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's nice to see Mike being given a nice tribute with that calendar. I can tell everyone misses a great historic driver who left the circuit too early
Old 21 Oct 2020, 11:53 (Ref:4011803)   #310
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
22 calendars sold now. How many to cover costs and start donating to charity?
Old 21 Oct 2020, 17:29 (Ref:4011846)   #311
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not that I'm concerned at all, but is there any word on when they will be mailed out? The note on my purchase said to expect it between 10th and 12th October.....
Old 21 Oct 2020, 17:40 (Ref:4011850)   #312
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Me too still not arrived.
Old 21 Oct 2020, 18:03 (Ref:4011852)   #313
midgetman
Veteran

I thought the same so I re-read the listing on eBay. It says "will be mailed out in December."

I thought I was the only one who didn't read it properly

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 21 Oct 2020, 21:24 (Ref:4011878)   #314
bauble
Veteran

England
The intention (as mentioned on another thread) is to post out early December in time for Christmas, this means that the number needed can be printed. To cover costs about 70 need to be sold, and that does not look likely at present, so probably nothing for charitable causes, unfortunately.

It is a very nice calendar.
Old 22 Oct 2020, 12:34 (Ref:4011963)   #315
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah, I missed that too. All good then. It's a shame that there haven't been more sales, particularly to members here. As I've said before, I have no connection of any kind, but I can recognise a good cause that deserves to be supported.
Old 22 Oct 2020, 13:35 (Ref:4011978)   #316
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Ah, I missed that too. All good then. It's a shame that there haven't been more sales, particularly to members here. As I've said before, I have no connection of any kind, but I can recognise a good cause that deserves to be supported.
Thanks Ace, considering the reaction here early on it is surprising.
Old 23 Oct 2020, 21:23 (Ref:4012280)   #317
bauble
Veteran

England
Amazing Statistics;

22 pages

65 Contributors

315 posts

Shows how incredibly popular Mike was, even many who had never met him have been moved by the sheer volume of grief on here.
Old 27 Oct 2020, 15:33 (Ref:4013382)   #318
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The intention (as mentioned on another thread) is to post out early December in time for Christmas, this means that the number needed can be printed. To cover costs about 70 need to be sold, and that does not look likely at present, so probably nothing for charitable causes, unfortunately.

It is a very nice calendar.
Baub, just wondering if you know how the sales are going and when the deadline is for ordering? We need to do what we can to get the numbers to over 70 so that the family don't have to top up the coffers...
Old 27 Oct 2020, 17:15 (Ref:4013399)   #319
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Baub, just wondering if you know how the sales are going and when the deadline is for ordering? We need to do what we can to get the numbers to over 70 so that the family don't have to top up the coffers...
Viv, if you take a look at the E bay site it gives the number sold to date. 23 last time I looked. There is no deadline as such, I anticipate it will be held open until the last minute before going to print, as we only want to print enough to cover the sales.

I have tried to spread the word further afield as there is not a lot of interest here.
Any are suggestions welcome.
Old 28 Oct 2020, 09:33 (Ref:4013495)   #320
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Viv, if you take a look at the E bay site it gives the number sold to date. 23 last time I looked. There is no deadline as such, I anticipate it will be held open until the last minute before going to print, as we only want to print enough to cover the sales.

I have tried to spread the word further afield as there is not a lot of interest here.
Any are suggestions welcome.
OK Baub, thanks for letting me know. Unfortunately I would have thought that the TenTenths community would have been the ideal place to find buyers. I'll have to see if I can think of anyone I can gift a calendar for Christmas, we can't allow the family to be out of pocket on this. Sadly I never met Mike, but what I've learned about him on here, I'm sure he would be very disappointed if that happened...
Old 28 Oct 2020, 10:35 (Ref:4013509)   #321
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Is there some way that Grant could put up one of those red 'sticky' announcements for a few days?
Old 28 Oct 2020, 11:58 (Ref:4013520)   #322
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Is there some way that Grant could put up one of those red 'sticky' announcements for a few days?
Good shout Ayse
Old 28 Oct 2020, 12:12 (Ref:4013522)   #323
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'll ask....

The question has been posed......

Last edited by Aysedasi; 28 Oct 2020 at 12:19.
Old 28 Oct 2020, 17:44 (Ref:4013578)   #324
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ordered my copy, looking forward to seeing which of bauble's collection have been chosen
Old 28 Oct 2020, 18:29 (Ref:4013589)   #325
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
ordered my copy, looking forward to seeing which of bauble's collection have been chosen
At least on person was gently chiding at my persistence on plugging the calendar.
You may recall that in recent years I have produced a calendar featuring members, or cars of interest to them, and when thinking about a 2021 version I had the idea of featuring Mike Bell, however, I thought "Mike deserves better.".
While I have no experience of publishing, I decided to see if it would be possible to produce a 'proper' version, the family were supportive and said they would pay for it. I asked Matti Rogers publisher of 'Street Machine' and MOG Magazine for advice and as MOG had carried a nice tribute to Mike, he instantly adopted the project, sorting out the design, and art work, and then set up the E Bay site With this all done it made it easy for people to order a copy, and, to be honest I expected a lot of sales coming from this forum, after all this is where his friends congregate, and where we saw so many great memories and tributes to Mike when he died.

Naturally everyone is perfectly entitled to make up their own mind over buying a copy, and who does and who does not is none of my business, however, if the calendar makes a loss, I shall feel responsible. It was my idea.
I thank all those who have purchased a copy and for those who have been so supportive, There is still time for sales to pick up, and a mention on the HSCC Facebook page has already yielded results, (Thank you Paul Lawrence).

I f I seem 'pushy' I hope you will understand why.

Cheers all.

Bob.

NB; The publisher is not using any 'branding' or advertising on the calendar, it is completely neutral.

Last edited by bauble; 28 Oct 2020 at 18:35. Reason: Addition