Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 21 Sep 2020, 18:52 (Ref:4005425)   #1
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans 24 hours at the end of the season?

Is having Le Mans at the end of the season now causing the ACO and FIA big headaches in terms of working out what to do next in terms of putting a season of WEC together? Just a thought... If we were now in the middle of the season would it in fact have been easier for the ACO to work out next season? Or maybe it's just inconvenient due to where it lies in terms of Covid19 right now..?
Old 22 Sep 2020, 06:57 (Ref:4005505)   #2
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The season is moving back to a normal calendar year format next year anyway. The main issues facing them are trying to cut costs, hence fewer races, and not knowing what travel will be possible.
Old 22 Sep 2020, 07:35 (Ref:4005512)   #3
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
The season is moving back to a normal calendar year format next year anyway. The main issues facing them are trying to cut costs, hence fewer races, and not knowing what travel will be possible.
2021?

Ah yes, so actually this will simplify things - sorry I was mostly thinking of the headache they face with Sebring being slotted in, in April... but a mysterious alternative European circuit is a possibility..

Personally I think they need to look at the things around the races to improve the product on offer. The lack of communication before the event and the "will it won't it work" feeling of the App, website and various TV feeds just seem to be woefully lacking.

Hopefully if they reinvigorate the premier class and get numbers involved they can start to plan a bit for the future.
Old 22 Sep 2020, 08:53 (Ref:4005527)   #4
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Putting the final round at le mans was done to stop people getting an automatic invite for le mans because they were in the WEC then pulling out of the WEC once le mans was done.
Old 22 Sep 2020, 09:01 (Ref:4005530)   #5
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by eps View Post
...the "will it won't it work" feeling of the App, website and various TV feeds just seem to be woefully lacking....
Indeed. Where other series seem to be able to just set up a Youtube stream in multiple languages, that appear with a countdown several days before the event, the WEC seems very backward.

I appreciate they are trying to monetise it but I'm not sure that is a good idea either...
Old 22 Sep 2020, 09:19 (Ref:4005536)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I gave up pretty early on the app. I couldn't get my members free access until just before the race, by which time I had easily realised that the £6.99 I spent on Eurosport was well worth it. Rock solid and advert-less throughout.
Old 22 Sep 2020, 10:50 (Ref:4005553)   #7
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I gave up pretty early on the app. I couldn't get my members free access until just before the race, by which time I had easily realised that the £6.99 I spent on Eurosport was well worth it. Rock solid and advert-less throughout.
yep the adverts were a real pain missed several incidents live, RLM telling me something and pictures telling me to buy something i did not want
Old 22 Sep 2020, 13:41 (Ref:4005597)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Should have coughed up the £6.99 Simon.....
Old 22 Sep 2020, 13:52 (Ref:4005598)   #9
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Should have coughed up the £6.99 Simon.....
yes i think you were right, but hopeful i will never have to watch it on tv again
Old 22 Sep 2020, 15:00 (Ref:4005613)   #10
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
I think I paid £39.99 for 12 months, last year.

Sometimes its possible to pick it up for half that or less on their special deals.. I think one year I signed up for £1.99 for 12 months!!
Old 22 Sep 2020, 15:02 (Ref:4005614)   #11
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i get it as part of my virgin package but it is those ruddy adverts i hate