Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 8 Jun 2021, 21:52 (Ref:4055354)   #2296
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Take Granddaughter to Mallory? Start them young.
Old 9 Jun 2021, 00:42 (Ref:4055365)   #2297
Lancsbreaker
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Don't be a grumpy, be a Grampy.....milady's first grandkid called me "Grandad" when I was 32.......I've never looked back.....except to wonder how she made it to 38

Seriously, having never had kids of my own, the quasi grandkids, all 8 or so of them, have been great, equally the 5 (I think) great grandkids are potenially (they are all a bit young yet) going to be great fun!

And I spent last weekend educating the son of my godsun into the way of the race car - so the seed is (vicariously) sown
Old 9 Jun 2021, 13:56 (Ref:4055411)   #2298
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Sorry Dave, I started climbing the steps up to your office only to be told you were out sorting the oil that was dropped at Gerards. office did make some interesting moments for me.
We were finished so made a dash as the gate was open. Next time. Cheers Iain.
Old 9 Jun 2021, 16:39 (Ref:4055428)   #2299
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

England
Mallory Park
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Sorry Dave, I started climbing the steps up to your office only to be told you were out sorting the oil that was dropped at Gerards. office did make some interesting moments for me.
We were finished so made a dash as the gate was open. Next time. Cheers Iain.
That was a serious amount of oil, that's for sure.

No doubt we'll touch base soon.
Old Yesterday, 13:31 (Ref:4055856)   #2300
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Take Granddaughter to Mallory? Start them young.
10 1/2 months maybe a little too young? Could require a lot of attention and won't remember any of it so not long term benefits to the motorsport involvement process?

Until very recently she frequently made use of an extremely high-pitched and loud scream for no reason that anyone could ascertain. Eardrum bursting. Would likely break the noise checking system at Mallory leading locals to complain.

Fortunately that scream, and whatever the frustration was that caused it, seem to be greatly abated in the past week or two. I hope it stays that way and the scream has disappeared for ever. The pain induced in one's eardrums was intense at times.