Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 27 Jan 2020, 15:24 (Ref:3954037)   #2826
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be naive to wait until media day. With the reveals of the majority of the liveries occurring that day, plus the first on track test the next day, and all the "official" series news that tends to come out that day (technical partnerships, new media arrangements, etc.), the reveal of a new driver line-up & sponsor would be greatly diluted in comparison to doing it either before or a few days after.
Old 27 Jan 2020, 15:43 (Ref:3954044)   #2827
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Motorbase, taking a guess...

Butcher, Smiley, Coates.

100% guarantee you this will be completely wrong.
Old 27 Jan 2020, 15:52 (Ref:3954045)   #2828
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
It would be naive to wait until media day. With the reveals of the majority of the liveries occurring that day, plus the first on track test the next day, and all the "official" series news that tends to come out that day (technical partnerships, new media arrangements, etc.), the reveal of a new driver line-up & sponsor would be greatly diluted in comparison to doing it either before or a few days after.
I guess that depends on your relationship(s) with the press and series organisers.

Media Day and the press junket the night before are dates that you can guarantee will have space reserved in publications for BTCC coverage.
Making your announcement(s) the major 'news' of the day, when everyone else around you has already issued their press releases previously, means that you are likely to be the lead story of the day.

Guaranteed press and public interest, with the opportunity to be the lead story, could be absolute marketing success.
Old 27 Jan 2020, 16:18 (Ref:3954052)   #2829
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I would hope that the Focus' is being put into retirement as its never really performed amazingly.
Old 27 Jan 2020, 16:22 (Ref:3954053)   #2830
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I would hope that the Focus' is being put into retirement as its never really performed amazingly.
I'm sure that's an option for them. Although they might keep running the same car. Let's see what happens when they reveal it. We'll know what they are running when they make their announcement. We'll have to wait and see though. I'm sure they'll have something for their drivers.
Old 27 Jan 2020, 16:54 (Ref:3954057)   #2831
mj088
Racer

mj088 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Long shot but maybe the silence from motorbase and this teasing is that they are finally getting official ford backing?
Old 27 Jan 2020, 16:56 (Ref:3954058)   #2832
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
do we know why Butcher isn't at AMD anymore?
Old 27 Jan 2020, 17:15 (Ref:3954063)   #2833
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Because other drivers are.
Old 27 Jan 2020, 18:26 (Ref:3954079)   #2834
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Motorbase, taking a guess...

Butcher, Smiley, Coates.

100% guarantee you this will be completely wrong.
Sounds like a team written by John Le Carre to me!
Old 27 Jan 2020, 19:00 (Ref:3954086)   #2835
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
Butcher posting more and more positive social media messages. I wonder if Motorbase will be able to keep drivers and cars and sponsors under wraps until media day and when the garage door rolls up!?
Keeping the cars under wraps is easy. Stick 'em on proper and they stay put. First problem with putting a wrap on a driver is air intake. A suffocated driver won't be much use when you need him...
Old 27 Jan 2020, 19:01 (Ref:3954087)   #2836
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Sounds like a team written by John Le Carre to me!
Sounds like one of my way wide of the mark guesses.

As it's lacking a certain name it's a minimum of 33% wrong!

Old 27 Jan 2020, 20:10 (Ref:3954096)   #2837
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
He could of been if had wanted to be, but had another offer he obviously decided to pursue! Both parties still on good terms with each other
Old 27 Jan 2020, 20:16 (Ref:3954098)   #2838
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Who knows where Butcher will end up? Maybe he felt AMD weren’t good enough for him. He could end up anywhere in any series
Old 27 Jan 2020, 22:02 (Ref:3954111)   #2839
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Who knows where Butcher will end up? Maybe he felt AMD weren’t good enough for him. He could end up anywhere in any series
Maybe. We will just have to wait and see what happens next.

Anymore rumblings on the Simpson situation?
Old 27 Jan 2020, 22:22 (Ref:3954113)   #2840
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Maybe. We will just have to wait and see what happens next.

Anymore rumblings on the Simpson situation?
Tumbleweed. I've a gut feeling that says Simpson will be back again. If nothing to prove that having arguably one of the best NGTC cars and a fair old budget counts for nowt if the pilot isn't up to scratch.

I'm hoping for a pleasant Flash surprise. In which case the BMWs have some serious competition!
Old 27 Jan 2020, 22:23 (Ref:3954114)   #2841
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Maybe AmD felt Butcher wasn't good enough. Who knows. I guess we'll find out soon. He could end up nowhere, we'll just have to wait and see.
Old 27 Jan 2020, 22:26 (Ref:3954115)   #2842
Jay87
Rookie

Jay87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone got any idea when the next announcement will be and by who?
Old 27 Jan 2020, 22:51 (Ref:3954116)   #2843
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Maybe AmD felt Butcher wasn't good enough. Who knows. I guess we'll find out soon. He could end up nowhere, we'll just have to wait and see.
As others have said I believe he’s had an offer from elsewhere.. and considering he was shaking with Shaun at the Motorsport UK awards I think these 2 rate each other highly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay87 View Post
Anyone got any idea when the next announcement will be and by who?
Probably Motorbase considering their social media posts have started again
Old 27 Jan 2020, 23:01 (Ref:3954120)   #2844
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
Probably Motorbase considering their social media posts have started again
It's only Motorbase, HARD (likely Hamilton?), Simpson (likely Matt?), Parker (likely Jelley) and Excelr8 (likely Smith) left to go, isn't it?
Old 27 Jan 2020, 23:36 (Ref:3954123)   #2845
Jay87
Rookie

Jay87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
It's only Motorbase, HARD (likely Hamilton?), Simpson (likely Matt?), Parker (likely Jelley) and Excelr8 (likely Smith) left to go, isn't it?
And pmr
Old 28 Jan 2020, 08:00 (Ref:3954146)   #2846
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Yes. If Rory isn't at Motorbase I would be very surprised. As surprised as when WSR appeared with the 3 series last year.

I'm utterly convinced Bartie had his sponsor, drivers and motor car plans sorted long ago. Maybe everything is being kept for media day... very little new news has been kept for it in recent seasons.
Old 28 Jan 2020, 08:34 (Ref:3954151)   #2847
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Maybe everything is being kept for media day... very little new news has been kept for it in recent seasons.
'An exclusive evening event on 16 March [...] other media interviews and activities.'

Maybe these other activities include a reveal or two.....
Old 28 Jan 2020, 09:09 (Ref:3954152)   #2848
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
'An exclusive evening event on 16 March [...] other media interviews and activities.'

Maybe these other activities include a reveal or two.....
It would be a good idea, plenty of hullabaloo for the media before testing begins.
Old 28 Jan 2020, 10:09 (Ref:3954157)   #2849
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
New Scalectric Release

https://www.jadlamracingmodels.com/s...-goode-racing/
Old 28 Jan 2020, 13:52 (Ref:3954198)   #2850
MagicBoy
Racer

United Kingdom
MagicBoy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GGR are back for 2020 with a RS500? Epic!