Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 16 May 2005, 20:54 (Ref:1302568)   #51
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I've gone to Spa to try a few laps. I went into the low 16s very easily (new Eagle PB there), but I really don't know if I have the pace and consistency for the race...
Old 16 May 2005, 21:01 (Ref:1302573)   #52
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm comfortable with my pace in the Lotus. I haven't yet had a chance to see what my ultimate pace is, the bloody AI get off the line quicker than me and then I usually end up colliding with them. Then of course I spend the rest of the race repassing them. I think I can get into the low 16s for quali, but on the night who knows. Pressure (and tiredness probably more so) tends to get to me.
Old 17 May 2005, 05:18 (Ref:1302728)   #53
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My goal? Don't spin out at Malmedy every lap, and don't cause a spectacular accident at the Masta Kink. Just get through race distance without making too much of a mess out of it.
Old 17 May 2005, 06:48 (Ref:1302764)   #54
petestenning
Veteran

petestenning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar
Haha dont be nasty ... anyways for Spa I very much doubt that I will make it

No offence meant, what i meant was i will be last and without the traction control now i am having trouble with my starts not being straight, so get the bricks ready at Masta , house owner . I shall be visiting often.

Pete
Old 17 May 2005, 07:12 (Ref:1302775)   #55
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by petestenning
No offence meant, what i meant was i will be last and without the traction control now i am having trouble with my starts not being straight, so get the bricks ready at Masta , house owner . I shall be visiting often.

Pete
I hit the barrier at Masta so hard on Saturday that I flipped over it. You know you have to drive all the way back to the start line on the wrong side of the fence/barrier from there to get back onto the track! For some reason it never really entered my head to shift-R though... hmm.
Old 17 May 2005, 07:49 (Ref:1302798)   #56
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I ran 3 laps Sunday night and went off at Masta every time...... And most other places too.......

The old 85/45 I used about 2 years ago to set my 3m15 PB is now frankly undriveable.........

Looking forward to tonight, but oer 9 laps there's every chance Gil, pirenzo and others could be lapping me, I fear........
Old 17 May 2005, 09:39 (Ref:1302854)   #57
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
can anybody send me the details ?? ..
Vroc ?? igor ?? chatroom . etc ..

Ciao Marco
Old 17 May 2005, 10:02 (Ref:1302866)   #58
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Hi Dani,

I sent you the PM Pirenzo sent me when I joined.. That should have all you need in it..

Also I will deffinately be a no-show tonight So I cant even race Pete for last ...

Happy Racing
Coogz

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 17 May 2005, 12:12 (Ref:1302922)   #59
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
All the details are still as last season, aren't they?
Old 17 May 2005, 13:39 (Ref:1302985)   #60
ozywoodwards
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chorlton, Manchester
ozywoodwards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cant seem to get sub 18's at the moment. frustrating. it might be a classic case of overdriving the car i think. ill try and be more measured tonight. hopefully!!!
Old 17 May 2005, 13:40 (Ref:1302986)   #61
petestenning
Veteran

petestenning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar
Hi Dani,

I sent you the PM Pirenzo sent me when I joined.. That should have all you need in it..

Also I will deffinately be a no-show tonight So I cant even race Pete for last ...

Happy Racing
Coogz
Hey Coug i have tried Aldo Scribante i like it, just need a few more laps there.

Pete
Old 17 May 2005, 15:30 (Ref:1303031)   #62
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Well, FWIW, I think Gil will probably destroy us. If he can do low 16s 'easily' then we haven't got a prayer.
Old 17 May 2005, 15:43 (Ref:1303036)   #63
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
u could always pay a backmarker ..

Ciao Marco
Old 17 May 2005, 16:20 (Ref:1303055)   #64
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by petestenning
Hey Coug i have tried Aldo Scribante i like it, just need a few more laps there.

Pete
Its nice and short... and quite challenging.. for me anyways.. I also need plenty more laps there!!!

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 17 May 2005, 16:38 (Ref:1303061)   #65
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Well, I never really liked Aldo, it didn't last long on my HD, but I may yet give it another try if I ever get round to it, because my last try was a long time ago
Old 17 May 2005, 16:42 (Ref:1303063)   #66
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If I got the time change right, a little more than two hours before race time...I better crank out a few practice laps.
Old 17 May 2005, 17:19 (Ref:1303091)   #67
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Yes, race is at 8PM BST, which is GMT+1 at this time of year. So if I've guessed your time zone correctly, it'll be at 3pm where you are

Ayse, yes, chatroom details remain the same, as will the race password
Old 17 May 2005, 17:39 (Ref:1303104)   #68
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
I never got a password. What is the password?
Old 17 May 2005, 17:39 (Ref:1303105)   #69
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
we will tell you in the chatroom before the race, the details of which I sent you. Did you get VROC working with a racelist and everything btw?
Old 17 May 2005, 17:42 (Ref:1303106)   #70
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
Yeah, VROC's up and running. I see the racelist and the chat box, and I don't think there's anything else to worry about.

But I will need to connect with a different chatroom, right?
Old 17 May 2005, 17:53 (Ref:1303113)   #71
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirenzo
Well, FWIW, I think Gil will probably destroy us. If he can do low 16s 'easily' then we haven't got a prayer.

I said I could "easily" into the low 16's, but that's just for the quali... The race is going to be a different matter, as I haven't run on the race setup yet...
Old 17 May 2005, 18:02 (Ref:1303123)   #72
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish_Flake
Yeah, VROC's up and running. I see the racelist and the chat box, and I don't think there's anything else to worry about.

But I will need to connect with a different chatroom, right?
Yes, you will find an 'add/modify chatroom' option in one of the drop down menus along the top of the window, and you'll be able to add 'our' chatroom from there. I think I sent you the details needed for that, but if I didn't let me know a.s.a.p!

EDIT: I checked my sent PM's, I haven't sent you anything regarding the chatroom setup so its on its way to you now!

Gil: it'll be fine. Its only nine laps, its not like there's a vast amount of difference between race and quali setup. In my case I've not got a specific quali setup, just a race one, and its a little twitchy on low fuel, but that makes it more comfortable to drive when there's lots of fuel in the car, which of course tends to make the car a bit more sluggish anyway.
Old 17 May 2005, 18:07 (Ref:1303126)   #73
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
You never gave me a name, P. What name to I need to type in?
Old 17 May 2005, 20:08 (Ref:1303208)   #74
TheFLC
Rookie

England
Telford, UK
TheFLC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

CTD half way through race had about 4 during practice. WTH is going on? Surely this isn't the same for everyone.

Any ideas?
Old 17 May 2005, 20:29 (Ref:1303221)   #75
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No, I had a few latency spikes, but, to be quite frank, a CTD in the race would have been merciful relief for me.....