Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 3 Oct 2005, 17:44 (Ref:1423032)   #551
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So no 'official' race took place last tuesday then?

Re-run it if you wish guys, the internet setup in my hall is dreadful. 3 computers serving 300+ students. Imagine how long you have to wait... Absolutely no chance of me continuing any sort of GPL'ing or helping Spud out with the TTFRL, so I guess he's in total charge now.
Old 3 Oct 2005, 17:59 (Ref:1423048)   #552
carsreunited
Racer

England
Kettering
carsreunited should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shame to hear about your computer shortage. Get the university to collect those 'Computers for schools vouchers' from Tescos!

At the end of the day, Pete and I raced. If there were 10 regulars wanting to race on that evening with no discernable input from Admin then what would have happened? Pete went out of his way to facilitate the round according to the calender. I appreciate things are up in the air with Spud being overseas and your good self off to University. If the season is at a close then someone just say it so that we are not trying to fit work and life schedules around it.

I personally think that this season should be declared finished. What are the chances of getting more than 4 people now anyway? Schedule a season for when you are at home during the hols, doesn't matter if it takes a year to complete IMO.

Best of luck any William. Hope University is what you hoped it would be.

Scott
Dolomite Sprint #86, 2006 CTCRC Post Historic CHAMPIONSHIP
Old 3 Oct 2005, 18:54 (Ref:1423091)   #553
petestenning
Veteran

petestenning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=pirenzo]So no 'official' race took place last tuesday then?

As far as i am concerned it did take place as Scot said with no guidance being offered we could have raced ? just the 2 of us then would it have been official?
There is no provision for a race being null and void if only 2 turn up on the assigned day at he correct time with the correct cars.I went to a lot of trouble to get a server so we could race.

So we have wasted our time ?

At least myself and Scott had a good race with a half decent field ,
as i could recruit some more drivers to the 10/tenths league , but i would not expect them to stay long with poor admin .
No offence to anyone just that it needs sorting.

Pete
Old 4 Oct 2005, 11:42 (Ref:1423591)   #554
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I do apologise one and all for the scrappy last round. At the time of devising the calendar I hadn't planned this trip. It's unfortunate that my trip and the beginning of Will's university adventure coincided at the same time.

I tried to find hosting arrangements the best I could before I left, but couldn't pull it off. I'm going to make the decision here and now to say that the season is complete.

I would like to thank Pete for going to the trouble of hosting the race. It is very much appreciated. Obviously only TTFRL member points will go towards the championship, but I think thats fairly academic anyway.

Anyway, I would like to apologise again for the scrappy end to this season and once I have my bearings sorted we can get work on season 5 sorted.
Old 4 Oct 2005, 11:51 (Ref:1423600)   #555
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry Pete, I didn't mean to suggest your effort was in vain, I just wasn't sure if you intended it to be a proper TTFRL race or whether you just invited everyone else into one of your own GBGPL races.
If it was the former then that's very decent of you to set it all up in our absence, and in that case then yes, season closed.

cheers, Will.
Old 4 Oct 2005, 12:59 (Ref:1423654)   #556
carsreunited
Racer

England
Kettering
Look forward to Season 5. Its not like anyone got busy with work or University maliciously so I think we can still call ourselves 'friends'!

In the meantime there is racing to be enjoyed in Pete's league which I have found to be a friendly but competitive bunch. I would recommend anyone looking for a race between now and Season 5 to get in touch with Pete. I'm sure he can squeeze a few more people in (just).

Scott
Old 27 Oct 2005, 17:36 (Ref:1445308)   #557
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Any thoughts for Season 5 then?
Old 27 Oct 2005, 17:52 (Ref:1445330)   #558
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
. to bad i didn't resolve my net problems before the end of the season ..haven't played for a while .. but probably i would play again in the League

Ciao Marco
Old 27 Oct 2005, 23:32 (Ref:1445580)   #559
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I would drive any rounds I can while at home, that's why I was asking. I finish here on the 9th of December for a whole month before returning. Xmas isn't the most practical time for starting a new season though.
Old 28 Oct 2005, 07:07 (Ref:1445740)   #560
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
We could always organise some sort of GPL 'festival' event perhaps?
Old 29 Oct 2005, 15:18 (Ref:1446792)   #561
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudgun
We could always organise some sort of GPL 'festival' event perhaps?

Sounds a good idea.

I'm only sorry my involvement dwindled to nothing. As far as season 5 is concerned, I'd certainly like to see one, bujt I can't promise to be there all that often.
Old 29 Oct 2005, 16:40 (Ref:1446861)   #562
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Yep, I like the sound of that
Old 29 Oct 2005, 21:29 (Ref:1447057)   #563
carsreunited
Racer

England
Kettering
s5

I'll be keen on any format.

How are you finding University William? Hope it's what you expected.

Scott
Old 31 Oct 2005, 23:00 (Ref:1448896)   #564
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For the time being, I'm having a spell out of GPL (too much frustration...... ), though I'd like to get back on the tracks by beginning of next year (I'm occupied with GTL in the time being ).
Old 1 Nov 2005, 18:37 (Ref:1449635)   #565
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Hi Scott
Yeah, uni's great. Nearly didn't complete my very first coursework assignment on time though - which wasn't the greatest of starts, but the rest of the academic and social goings-on have been great

Maybe we could do a few novice length races with minimal practice just to help mix things up a little. We could get quite a few races in a short time that way on lots of different tracks and be able to call it a proper 'festival'
Old 1 Nov 2005, 18:46 (Ref:1449647)   #566
carsreunited
Racer

England
Kettering
Festival

Just let us know where and when. Whatever suits you basically. I'm racing regularly in gbgpl so anything else will be a bonus especially now I have a wheel and pedals that actually work! I've just talked a mate into buying gpl so hopefully we can get him involved as well although he reckons he's going to use the keyboard!

With regard to Uni, you don't want to use the finite list of excuses for late assignments this early on so it's a good job you got it in!

Scott
Old 19 Nov 2005, 18:46 (Ref:1465051)   #567
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We're tiring here, aren't we?

Perhaps we need to open up a season 5 thread?
Old 19 Nov 2005, 19:19 (Ref:1465073)   #568
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
OK. I shall open a new thread and take this one off 'sticky'.