Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Sep 2008, 06:58 (Ref:2298128)   #1
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Results should be up soon on www.ris-timing.be.
Either in the centre screen (not there yet) or click on "Circuit" under "Results" on the right and pick the right event.
Old 26 Sep 2008, 18:29 (Ref:2298582)   #2
Dinkel
Racer

Netherlands
Leusden
Dinkel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ta, Phil already paged me his pole in Chengs Cob.

Can't find Roger's Bizza . . .

I'm looking fw to an excellent weekend, great weather.
Old 26 Sep 2008, 19:49 (Ref:2298626)   #3
Dinkel
Racer

Netherlands
Leusden
Rest of the bunch:

Bryant has pole in the T70, 6th in the Beemer 1600 Ti, 5th in the Lotus 15, 2nd in the E-lw, 10th in HEM6, Roger has 13th in the Macca and 8th in the Comet. Can't find his Bizza . . .

Just a quick look.
Old 27 Sep 2008, 07:55 (Ref:2298816)   #4
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looking forward to race accounts and pics! Thread now 'pinned' up.
Old 28 Sep 2008, 19:26 (Ref:2299750)   #5
Dinkel
Racer

Netherlands
Leusden
OMG what epic event again!

Pics soon. For the guys I met: please mail so I can send you previews . . . Over 500 pics to go and I'm taking it easy.

Cheers all!
Old 28 Sep 2008, 19:46 (Ref:2299766)   #6
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Correct, not bad at all. Not only the 6 hour proper, but some of the other races were cracking stuff. Great weather as well.
Shame that so many of the 10-10 folk had problems, but I'll leave them to do the talking (writing). If they wish to do so.

Anyhow great to see and meet so many people again. Roll on 2009.
Old 28 Sep 2008, 19:57 (Ref:2299776)   #7
Dinkel
Racer

Netherlands
Leusden

Preview of what to come. I'll post stuff on Pistonheads and will drop a snap here when a 10/10-er appears OK?

Book to follow, here's Spa6 2006:
Old 28 Sep 2008, 20:00 (Ref:2299778)   #8
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dinkel, any of the Bizza from the 6 hours? Or more correctly, first 2 hours of the 6 hours before the upright snapped?
Old 28 Sep 2008, 20:07 (Ref:2299782)   #9
Dinkel
Racer

Netherlands
Leusden
Hell yes, a few good ones. We missed to meet, where was your spot in the paddocks?

After I came back from dinner Phil James told me the front snapped: major bugger! . . . I'll send you some previews this week anyways.

Good to meet a few of you guys. I have a nice Mallet drifting La Source, Falce in the yellow D (love the fake riveting BTW): red Mog hit you but it was him who could not carry on . . . Only a scratch I noticed when passing your trailer.

I met Hendrik, Esper . . . and so many other drivers!

Lovely event, I have to go again next year.

Roger: the Bizza is featured in my Spa6 '06 book, I'll send you a link.
Old 28 Sep 2008, 22:03 (Ref:2299872)   #10
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills
Dinkel, any of the Bizza from the 6 hours? Or more correctly, first 2 hours of the 6 hours before the upright snapped?
I have one or two, not sure how good they are though till I can sort through them tomorrow.

Albert, it was nice to finally meet you and talk today. I hope you enjoyed our race it was certainly eventful from on the track.
Old 29 Sep 2008, 07:26 (Ref:2300061)   #11
Henrik Pedersen
Racer

Denmark
Denmark
Henrik Pedersen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for a SUPER weekend at Spa.

Especially to the very helpfull people in the HSCC paddock: Allan, Ian, Antony, Tom Danyer and all those I didn´t get the names of.

It was nice meeting you all, and its good to be able to put a face on alle the names on 10/10

Last edited by Henrik Pedersen; 29 Sep 2008 at 07:33.
Old 29 Sep 2008, 12:49 (Ref:2300305)   #12
FISCracer
Racer

Wales
Surrey
FISCracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a corker! We had a great time. Unfortunately the engine let go in the BSSC race after 9 hours+ of faultless running.

Fastest of the 1950 MGBs (who really thinks an MGB doing 3.06 is legal?) in qualifying having not driven one for 8 years. Safety cars and a 14 minute fuel stop didn't do us any favours but we finished! 23rd place and 4th MGB home; given where we were with the car a month ago this was a cracking achievement by the drivers, pit crew and prep team (two of the drivers). Thanks to everyone involved.

I thought the driving standards were pretty good this year. The only near miss I had was when the white Falcon made a late dive for the pits with no warning nearly taking out the Porsche 906 and me in one go.

I have a few pics I'll post when I've worked out how

All the best

Richard
Old 29 Sep 2008, 13:25 (Ref:2300345)   #13
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
A few pics of tenthers here
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fisc1.jpg (345.3 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg fisc2.jpg (225.8 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg wills1.jpg (243.5 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg terryb1.jpg (264.3 KB, 19 views)
Old 29 Sep 2008, 13:44 (Ref:2300360)   #14
FISCracer
Racer

Wales
Surrey
FISCracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here goes. All of my car but a few others around eg Terry or Peter

Me about to be lapped by Roger or Joe (who was first out?)

Me leading the GTA, Lawson MGB and one of the Cottingham MGBs

A nice shot from Eau Rouge - you can just about see the 10/10ths sticker

Jerry after his afternoon snooze and doughtnuts showing Terry the way around

Any other pictures of my MGB no 96, Barry's MGB - no 39, or my friend Jeremy's MGBGT no 99 in the BSSC race very much appreciated.

Thanks

Richard
Old 30 Sep 2008, 11:54 (Ref:2301062)   #15
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

A nice shot from Eau Rouge - you can just about see the 10/10ths sticker

Jerry after his afternoon snooze and doughtnuts showing Terry the way around.[Quote/ Richard]

What a shame you dont have the outbraking into Pouhon
Old 29 Sep 2008, 14:55 (Ref:2300402)   #16
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Following a very sensible suggestion from one of our number, I have closed the original thread and opened this one up to cover the event itself.
Old 29 Sep 2008, 19:24 (Ref:2300601)   #17
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
We had a rare "Delta weekend" when all cars finnished and fellow 10 10 michael de graves had 2 wins at Nurburgring as well. I wanted to get round and see so many freinds from the foram but spent most of my spare time welding damaged cars also rebuilding a A35 spring hanger not to mention an MGB exhaust system. Lots of waves from Eddy on safty car laps in Gentleman drivers race with Jim. "class win ". Had a great race in Top Hat untill we ran low on fuel and yes the Galaxie was brimmed then that blighter Mallet got past, Brilliant thanks for stickers. 2 class P3 in Delta might of won first race but got drive through for going wide at Hamilton chicane a couple of times. "no complaints". Like Peter did not want to come home tears in my eyes as we finnally got away Sunday 9pm, Just the best ever thank you.
Old 29 Sep 2008, 20:16 (Ref:2300634)   #18
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
I got bored Iain. I moved one post further as well for that race, as there was only one guy left on that post.

The MG guy (forgot who was driving) was shaken and stirred but okay. I ran all the way from Stavelot corner to the accident, as I expected the very worst. Long time since I've seen such a violent crash where the driver got far too close to the tarmac for comfort.

I wondered why the Bizz was sitting on a jack in the paddock near the tunnel, now I know.
Old 29 Sep 2008, 20:20 (Ref:2300640)   #19
insanity_mc
Rookie

Belgium
near Zolder
insanity_mc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Our pictures of the Spa Six Hours are online.

some teasers:

Greetings,

insanity
Old 30 Sep 2008, 21:35 (Ref:2301484)   #20
cortina58
Rookie

cortina58 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Many thanks for the great pictures of DB4, car number 6.
Old 29 Sep 2008, 15:05 (Ref:2300410)   #21
MAPearson
Rookie

England
MAPearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi, Did anybody manage to get any pictures of my Yellow TR4 number 66?

We only spent about 3 hours on track, unfortunately, and for once the mechanics worked harder than the drivers. Some speedy fabrication and welding during the race got us back out a few times, but the gearbox finally gave in after about 5 hours.

But it was fantastic to drive Spa in the dark and it was a truly smashing event. We'll be back next year with lessons learnt!
Old 29 Sep 2008, 15:16 (Ref:2300416)   #22
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
If it's this one, no
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0174.jpg (217.4 KB, 14 views)
Old 30 Sep 2008, 05:08 (Ref:2300858)   #23
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAPearson
Hi, Did anybody manage to get any pictures of my Yellow TR4 number 66?

We only spent about 3 hours on track, unfortunately, and for once the mechanics worked harder than the drivers. Some speedy fabrication and welding during the race got us back out a few times, but the gearbox finally gave in after about 5 hours.

But it was fantastic to drive Spa in the dark and it was a truly smashing event. We'll be back next year with lessons learnt!
Was that you I came past Michael,the one light on the front melted my rear screen.
Old 30 Sep 2008, 07:40 (Ref:2300906)   #24
MAPearson
Rookie

England
MAPearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Terry. I think that was the problem - we'd had to put a massive pair of lights on the front to counterbalance the ton of fuel in the back. Loads of light but they just didn't last the pace. Next time, don't go past us and you won't get blinded! :-)
Old 30 Sep 2008, 09:10 (Ref:2300944)   #25
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Thanks for the advice Michael,I had'nt thought of that.