Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Sep 2014, 22:20 (Ref:3452293)   #1
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Norfolk crash pensioner 'like F1 driver'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-29155585

I'm hard pushed to say which one though, as it seemed the chap was mainly going backwards and didn't have a PR manager to speak for him afterwards...
Old 11 Sep 2014, 22:58 (Ref:3452308)   #2
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In other news, Maldonado's dad was spotted near Norwich...
Old 11 Sep 2014, 23:01 (Ref:3452309)   #3
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Would it have to be a current driver?
Old 12 Sep 2014, 00:14 (Ref:3452336)   #4
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've never seen an F1 driver set off backwards on the grid. I do remember a club level saloon do it, though. Never seen a pack scatter quite like it. Poor chap discovered that if you're foot's on the accelerator and you set off backwards at 6000 revs, you can't get your foot off again. I'm assuming this article describes a similar experience. I also suspect those attending it were more sympathetic than we were, but honestly, it was very difficult not to laugh.
Old 12 Sep 2014, 08:04 (Ref:3452470)   #5
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I almost got flattened on the startline at Harewood when I was marshaling there. New driver having his first go up the hill put it in reverse instead of first and popped the clutch. I was holding the chock and was luckily standing to the side of the car and not behind it. Something I continued to do...