Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Sep 2018, 12:18 (Ref:3847885)   #1
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Lando

Good on ya mate - enjoy
Old 3 Sep 2018, 12:20 (Ref:3847886)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's about time they kicked that loser to the kerb, and give the ride to a young and promising racer.
Old 3 Sep 2018, 12:25 (Ref:3847889)   #3
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Lando seems very likeable and not at all entitled. A refreshing addition.
Old 3 Sep 2018, 13:01 (Ref:3847900)   #4
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
well done Lando

commiserations Lando.

great to have a young british talent in f1 to take over the reigns from Lewis eventually. (with George Russell in the wings too)

thoroughly deserves his seat, I just hope that he has enough experience to match his talent and McLaren can produce a decent car for him and carlos.

just throwing it out there but experienced Spaniard leaves Renault to join McLaren, young talented british rookie joins the same team...ohhh its 2007 all over again, just half way down the grid
Old 3 Sep 2018, 13:49 (Ref:3847909)   #5
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Good luck to him. He has a decent teammate to be measured against - someone who is a known quantity.

Can McLaren drag themselves towards the sharp end again?
Old 3 Sep 2018, 15:16 (Ref:3847915)   #6
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Good luck to him. He has a decent teammate to be measured against - someone who is a known quantity.

Can McLaren drag themselves towards the sharp end again?
Well they won't have Alonso's ego dragging behind the car, will they?
Old 3 Sep 2018, 15:27 (Ref:3847916)   #7
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lets hope McLaren gets it right in the same way they did with Lewis Hamilton, and not with Heikki Kovaleinen, Kevin Magnussen, Sergio Perez and now Vandoorne.
Old 3 Sep 2018, 19:33 (Ref:3847965)   #8
Racer65
Racer

Racer65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got to admit when I first started taking notice of him in karting I thought his size was giving him a big advantage and he wasn't that special. Boy did he ever prove me totally and utterly wrong when he got into cars.
Old 3 Sep 2018, 20:47 (Ref:3847986)   #9
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Am I the only one who thinks Lando is at best underdone... and not the real deal? Give me George Russell over Lando any day. I have followed Lando's career from when he ran FToyota in the antipodes a few years ago, and think he still needs another year in F2.
Old 3 Sep 2018, 21:38 (Ref:3847991)   #10
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Am I the only one who thinks Lando is at best underdone... and not the real deal? Give me George Russell over Lando any day. I have followed Lando's career from when he ran FToyota in the antipodes a few years ago, and think he still needs another year in F2.
Not so sure. Rare combination of having mega-money unlimited budgets but could also be very, very good.
Old 3 Sep 2018, 22:14 (Ref:3847993)   #11
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I don’t think another year in F2 is the answer. Of course, if he wins the championship he can’t go back anyway, but even if he finishes second to Russell, he wouldn’t get much more out of the formula in 2019 and would be expected to win. If he hadn’t got a race seat in F1, Super Formula or third driver would have been the only sensible, realistic options. Not necessary, as it turns out.
Old 3 Sep 2018, 22:27 (Ref:3847994)   #12
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, it seems I'm a prophet, I did the pronostic Lando will "land on" McLaren. Parfait.

BTW, it seems the Gugwe killed the dog of my girlfriend...
You did with Bruno S a decade ago, not again...
I know who you are. Houba, houba Grr.
Old 3 Sep 2018, 22:38 (Ref:3847997)   #13
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Well they won't have Alonso's ego dragging behind the car, will they?
I see what you're saying, but neither will they have his superpowers dragging the car up to places that it doesn't deserve.
Old 3 Sep 2018, 23:06 (Ref:3847999)   #14
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fon must retire from motorsport, Count Maggi agrees.
Old 3 Sep 2018, 23:12 (Ref:3848004)   #15
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Mekola, I know your first language isn’t English, but your recent posts are becoming gnomic to the point of incomprehensibility.
Old 3 Sep 2018, 23:31 (Ref:3848005)   #16
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
I'm a good man, it's plain to see.
Good luck Lando.
Old 4 Sep 2018, 03:22 (Ref:3848040)   #17
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Mekola, I know your first language isn’t English, but your recent posts are becoming gnomic to the point of incomprehensibility.
I'd say more like pointless and a random word generator posting. Never mind the two threads that thankfully were closed down
Old 4 Sep 2018, 07:55 (Ref:3848075)   #18
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good luck Lando!
Old 4 Sep 2018, 14:22 (Ref:3848142)   #19
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's good for Lando, just hope it isn't too soon for him. He should not do too bad though