Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Sep 2019, 22:53 (Ref:3926758)   #151
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
Vettel has had it.
If he has, who is going to replace him?
Old 9 Sep 2019, 00:46 (Ref:3926765)   #152
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great two races for F1 with Charles winning. Still, he was only able to win with a bit of luck, strong defence and track position. I think if Lewis led into turn 1 at both races, he would have won them both. Ferrari still at enough of a disadvantage overall that I won't be surprised if they don't win again this year.

What about Vettels replacement - will it be Ricciardo? I don't think they'll take the risk on a second young driver (Norris looks next best after Leclerc), and I don't think Hulkenberg will do much better than Vettel anyway. So if not Ricciardo, maybe they'll just wait and see if Schumacher is ready for 2021/22 or pinch Russell if a couple of years?
Old 9 Sep 2019, 05:49 (Ref:3926807)   #153
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxi645 View Post
Agreed. I expect Verstappen to take the pole and win at Singapore.
Quite possibly.

But the last two weekends have only again served to highlight a lack of judgement that no longer can be blamed on inexperience.
Old 9 Sep 2019, 07:48 (Ref:3926822)   #154
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
If he has, who is going to replace him?
Ferrari
Vettel out. Ricciardo in.

Renault
Hulk out. Ocon in.
Danny out. Grosjean in (back) - or left field Gasly.

Haas.
Grosjean out. Hulk in.

If vettel had the desire to still race (which I would doubt), then back to Red Bull (even though he would struggle against Max). Cant see it happening though so I don't know who would drop out of the red bull system - possibly Gasly.
Old 9 Sep 2019, 07:51 (Ref:3926824)   #155
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This should be in the silly season thread but; HAAS - Grosjean out, Hulk in.

Ferrari - Vettel retires Russell in.
Old 9 Sep 2019, 08:02 (Ref:3926826)   #156
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Quite possibly.

But the last two weekends have only again served to highlight a lack of judgement that no longer can be blamed on inexperience.

Agreed.

1 Spa: Verstappen's head is sometimes a bit black and white. In his mind Raikkonen should have seen him and should have left him room. The thing is, should doesn't win you races. He had a similar run in with Raikkonen at the very same spot a few years ago. I can understand it, you have a bad start (again), see an opportunity to quickly undo the damage and the room is there. In general, if the gap is there you go for it, but at La Source the first lap in an F1 car that's not the wisest decision.

2 Monza: Probably was a bit of a combination of not being used to the strength of the harmonica effect at the rear of the field and a lack of concentration when driving so slow. Not ideal when the race brief is too get through the first lap without damage.

Everyone makes mistakes, that's why we're human. At this level it does need to stay at an acceptable level and you also need to learn from them. In a championship fight two races like these would've been very costly.

Considering his track record the past 1.5 years I don't think there's anything to worry about and he'll be there again in Singapore.

P.S. I wonder if Mercedes and Red Bull were unwilling or unable to efficiently remove more downforce from the cars. It hurt them quite a bit in the fights with the cars that were efficient with low downforce (Ferrari, Renault, Racing Point).
Constructive discussion: A conversion where participants are maximally open to yet critical of each others (and their own) arguments, with the intend of enhancing the knowledge, understanding and/or handling of it's subject.
Old 9 Sep 2019, 09:56 (Ref:3926847)   #157
GingerPixel
Racer

GingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Leclerc bossing Lewis around on the run down to the chicane might not be to some peoples tastes, but it was the moment of the race as for as I'm concerned.
Old 9 Sep 2019, 10:02 (Ref:3926850)   #158
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
As much as i would love to see my man Dan in a scarlet car, would they want him to be #2 driver and would he accept that?
Old 9 Sep 2019, 10:11 (Ref:3926852)   #159
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
As much as i would love to see my man Dan in a scarlet car, would they want him to be #2 driver and would he accept that?

With one not being clearly better than the other, they would let them duke it out and push each other to greater levels. The Tifosi would love Ricciardo in Red though. That's a match made in heaven.

P.S. I liked the thumbs up between Perez and Verstappen on the cool down lap. Verstappen could've easily been frustrated with not being able to pass for so many laps, but instead there was respect for a good fight.
Constructive discussion: A conversion where participants are maximally open to yet critical of each others (and their own) arguments, with the intend of enhancing the knowledge, understanding and/or handling of it's subject.
Old 9 Sep 2019, 12:25 (Ref:3926889)   #160
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
Great two races for F1 with Charles winning. Still, he was only able to win with a bit of luck, strong defence and track position. I think if Lewis led into turn 1 at both races, he would have won them both. Ferrari still at enough of a disadvantage overall that I won't be surprised if they don't win again this year.

I'm sure I remember Lewis being ahead on lap 1 at Spa - until the Ferrari passed on the straight after Radillon........ and I doubt if Lewis (or Bottas) would have been able to stay ahead of LeClerc at Monza - the sheer speed of the Ferrari with the added benefit of DRS if he'd been behind the Merc would have let him blow by - and we saw that the Mercs weren't able to use the DRS to overcome the Ferraris straight-line speed.

You may well be right about the prospects for further Ferrari wins this year, however.
Old 9 Sep 2019, 12:35 (Ref:3926891)   #161
GingerPixel
Racer

GingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If we're not considdering luck, defence and track position then I'm not sure how past victories will still count!
Old 9 Sep 2019, 12:44 (Ref:3926892)   #162
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
I'm sure I remember Lewis being ahead on lap 1 at Spa - until the Ferrari passed on the straight after Radillon........ and I doubt if Lewis (or Bottas) would have been able to stay ahead of LeClerc at Monza - the sheer speed of the Ferrari with the added benefit of DRS if he'd been behind the Merc would have let him blow by - and we saw that the Mercs weren't able to use the DRS to overcome the Ferraris straight-line speed.

You may well be right about the prospects for further Ferrari wins this year, however.

That was between Lewis and Seb. Seb passed him, but Lewis overtook him again.
Old 9 Sep 2019, 13:56 (Ref:3926916)   #163
Ground Effect
Rookie

Australia
Martin, WA
Ground Effect should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Charles making them look like traffic cones at the moment. Good attitude and tidy lid. Real nice option.
Old 9 Sep 2019, 14:19 (Ref:3926923)   #164
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
The Honourable Mallett has already addressed the first part. I'm inclined to agree with you on the rest though. The only way to do it would have been for the Merc to scamper through Sector 2 so quickly that it was out of DRS range by the time they came out of Parabolica.
Old 9 Sep 2019, 17:08 (Ref:3926953)   #165
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
Ferrari
Vettel out. Ricciardo in.

Renault
Hulk out. Ocon in.
Danny out. Grosjean in (back) - or left field Gasly.

Haas.
Grosjean out. Hulk in.

If vettel had the desire to still race (which I would doubt), then back to Red Bull (even though he would struggle against Max). Cant see it happening though so I don't know who would drop out of the red bull system - possibly Gasly.
I just can't see Grosjean as being anything other than out - period. Surely? (Unless he has a back pocket full of dosh, of course?).
Old 9 Sep 2019, 17:43 (Ref:3926961)   #166
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I just can't see Grosjean as being anything other than out - period. Surely? (Unless he has a back pocket full of dosh, of course?). .
I thought the same last year tbh. As for the cash I dont think so.
Old 10 Sep 2019, 10:43 (Ref:3927132)   #167
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Got to see the highlights package today and looked like a good race. Mr Leclerc really has been able to show what he can do here and at Spa and the adulation from the Tifosi was really something else.

He's a future star, no doubt about it.
Old 10 Sep 2019, 14:12 (Ref:3927170)   #168
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It was a good race. Leclerc really had to defend, good job he and the Ferrari held it all together, he showed at Spa he could win in any half decent car. I think he’s already a big star
Old 10 Sep 2019, 19:10 (Ref:3927221)   #169
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
He's a future star, no doubt about it.
not sure there's a need for "future" in that statement. the lad is a legend to ferrari supporters already, the rest of us'll catch up sooner or later
Old 10 Sep 2019, 19:45 (Ref:3927227)   #170
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
not sure there's a need for "future" in that statement. the lad is a legend to ferrari supporters already, the rest of us'll catch up sooner or later
You're probably right there - certainly after the weekend.
Old 12 Sep 2019, 17:30 (Ref:3927596)   #171
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
Old 12 Sep 2019, 21:11 (Ref:3927626)   #172
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
He’s certainly getting there, he just needs to cut out a few of those tiny errors we saw at Monza
Old 18 Sep 2019, 04:03 (Ref:3928614)   #173
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
What a great last couple races. Really, a great string of races ever since the dud at Paul ricard.

Leclerc may have been on the edge of fair, but he had to do what he did defending against Hamilton. Even more important, he went wheel to wheel, hard racing, and came out better. With no spin or off. Something Vettel hasn't been able to do for over a year now. He laid down the standard against Hamilton. He won't get pushed around or intimidated. Even if he was penalized, he would have given notice to hamilton that it won't be as easy as it seemingly has been against vettel.

Vettel seems broken. He has always seemed like the type that needed a car suited for him more so than a hamilton or Alonso type that could take any type of car and wring the best out of it. He has been dealing with an inept team for a few years now. He can't just trust that their strategy/design/inputs are spot on like at red bull or how Mercedes operates.

Odd timing I know, but I've been meaning to pose the question for a while now: is Ferrari the worst performing f1 team on a per dollar basis? For all the resources and built in advantages they have, they should be better than they are. These last 2 races are more anomaly than indicative of future performance, imo, considering the straight line advantage and tracks. And even with that, Mercedes was still right on them in the race. They have had quality control issues that have been apparent and recurrent for years now.

Having said that, they have a superstar in the making with leclerc. He and verstappen should be a great rivalry for a long time. He's the most humble seeming racer I've seen in f1. Always quick to take responsibility for his mistakes, and call himself out. Takes a quiet sort of confidence underneath to be able to call out yourself in front of everyone for all your mistakes like he does.
Old 18 Sep 2019, 07:21 (Ref:3928634)   #174
S griffin
Veteran

IDK, Leclerc did have to skip across the first chicane at one point. And he got a black white flag for what he did to Hamilton, whereas Vettel lost a win for what he did in Canada...
Old 18 Sep 2019, 08:26 (Ref:3928645)   #175
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
IDK, Leclerc did have to skip across the first chicane at one point. And he got a black white flag for what he did to Hamilton, whereas Vettel lost a win for what he did in Canada...
I thought both incidents were similar.