Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Oct 2003, 12:47 (Ref:748263)   #26
The Tool Man
Veteran

The Tool Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought it was great .....it got rid of the nose out of the lead ....did we really want to see him on the podium NO.

Its excellent that FPR and other Ford Teams finally had some balls and stood up to the likes of Skaife and HRT and others that play by their own rules.

For the record the Ellery Car came in on ints own accord and as Bruce said on the skaofe matter, If it had been them (or any ford and most holdens except for the red ones) theyd have been black flagged as soon as the door opened.

It was a ripper.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 12:53 (Ref:748268)   #27
Scott75
Veteran

Scott75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's a typical stupid comment Tool man, you are a TOOL!!
Old 12 Oct 2003, 12:57 (Ref:748272)   #28
The Tool Man
Veteran

The Tool Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why Thankyou thats the nicest thing anyone has said all day.

You have your opinion I have mine - lets leave it at that.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 14:13 (Ref:748360)   #29
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to disagree about it being a great race, quite oppositely, i thought it was one of the worst Bathurst races i have seen.

Apart from leaving the call too late, i thought the Skaife penalty was fair enough.

At least the right team won, they were the quickest all weekend and fully deserved victory.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 21:17 (Ref:748750)   #30
Dazz
Veteran

Dazz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think to bring Skaife in to repair the door was probably a fair call, but to "monitor" the situation for as long as they did, then only to bring him in few laps from the end was a slightly unprofessional way to handle it.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 22:19 (Ref:748811)   #31
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's another thing- who said that it was only an issue when running close to other cars. Errrm, how do you stay away from cars when lapping them?
Old 12 Oct 2003, 22:26 (Ref:748821)   #32
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well it depends on who you listen to...you obviously can't try and lap Wilson if your names Barwanna.

You can't try and pass Brad Jones if your names Bargwanna.

And if your names Bowe - you should be behind Larry Perkins for the entire race...
Old 12 Oct 2003, 22:30 (Ref:748830)   #33
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least people won't say that the stewards favour HRT now.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 12 Oct 2003, 22:44 (Ref:748842)   #34
RaceTime
Veteran

Arghhhhhhhh - this has nothing to do with the stewards.....this was a race control decision.

Which is where motor racing in this country has gone wrong - stewards should NOT repeat NOT NEVER (however you want to say it) be in race control during a race....
Old 12 Oct 2003, 23:34 (Ref:748878)   #35
webberisgod
Rookie

webberisgod should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a HRT fan ( ducks the flying projectiles) i think yes they should have been called in to repair it. but FFS bring him in when it happens not 10 laps later, that was a total cluster f@#k by race control. at least the preceident has now been fairly set and this penalty should now become automatic if ever the same thing happens.

For those who say that they should have " just come in and fixed it" sould you have come in and given up 2nd place in the 1000 when you dont have 2? i dont think so.....

Oh and finally, well done Murph! great weekend all round.

Last edited by webberisgod; 12 Oct 2003 at 23:38.
Old 12 Oct 2003, 23:35 (Ref:748879)   #36
vatuloa
Racer

vatuloa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you support Holden it was a bad decision

If you support Ford is was a good decision it's a simple as that.

Unless you have a say the decisions then you can say what you what. It only made a difference in his finishing position and Luck dosen't stay with you forever.
Old 13 Oct 2003, 00:46 (Ref:748912)   #37
RaceTime
Veteran

Quote:
[i]For those who say that they should have " just come in and fixed it" sould you have come in and given up 2nd place in the 1000 when you dont have 2? i dont think so.....[/B]
Yes - these guys are supposedly professional enough to know when something can be dangerous.

They had a safety car period when this could have been done - elected not to, so copped the penalty.

You can bet they would have been one of the first to complain if it had been Murhpy's door that was flapping...
Old 13 Oct 2003, 01:03 (Ref:748922)   #38
ford boy
Veteran

ford boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You're completely right Racetime, i bet Jeff Grech would have been saying the stewards should have black flagged him straight away if it was Murph.
Old 13 Oct 2003, 01:55 (Ref:748948)   #39
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Actually, I had a bit of a chuckle when they said Ozemail was also going to protest.

.......ummmm, who caused the problem in the first place?
Old 13 Oct 2003, 03:11 (Ref:748984)   #40
kbam
Rookie

kbam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Skaife did by turning in on them...front door was damaged on skaifes car, which indicates he should have let them past without turning in on them...
Old 13 Oct 2003, 04:45 (Ref:749018)   #41
Deano
Rookie

Deano should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by kbam
Skaife did by turning in on them...front door was damaged on skaifes car, which indicates he should have let them past without turning in on them...
Does anyone else think that Andrew Jones (I think it was him but may have been Cleland) MAY have had a peek in his rear view mirror coming into Murray's, MAY have seen that Skaife was in a bad spot and that his team mate JB was right behind him, and MAY have stayed on the brakes fractionally longer than he normally would have?

Skaife was certainly trapped out there, allowing JB to come up the inside of him.

Of course, this is probably a grave misjustice to Andrew Jones, I just thought at the time he looked very slow through there.
Old 13 Oct 2003, 07:01 (Ref:749087)   #42
Rhys_00
Racer

Rhys_00 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds ridiculous to me Deano, I really don't think there would be too many out there that would race so dirty for 1 position (3 points is it?), and I think its a bit unfair of you to make such claims.
Old 13 Oct 2003, 08:46 (Ref:749182)   #43
Hodge
Rookie

Hodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott75
That's a typical stupid comment Tool man, you are a TOOL!!
Pot calling kettle black
Old 13 Oct 2003, 12:18 (Ref:749432)   #44
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Excitement

Wow, I wish that we in the UK had some racing that was sufficiently exciting to get this worked up about. Our senior officials would probably have a baby if there was this level of 'comment' directed at them.

Regards

Jim
Old 13 Oct 2003, 12:28 (Ref:749461)   #45
Rulekeeper
Racer

Rulekeeper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I've said in another Thread, the only F___up was by Jeff Grech for not bringing MS in during the Safety Car period!!! Obviously being in charge of 3 Race Teams is taking a Toll(excuse the pun) on the poor fellow.
Old 13 Oct 2003, 12:55 (Ref:749506)   #46
webberisgod
Rookie

And if he had brought him in the net loss would probably be the same. eithe way it was a kiss goodbye to the win a nd most certainly the podium. FPR just wanted ( and i can see why) to have lowndes and Seto move up a place, who knows what could have happend to murph in the last part of the race and they could have complained themselves into a win.
Old 13 Oct 2003, 12:59 (Ref:749518)   #47
Rulekeeper
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by webberisgod
And if he had brought him in the net loss would probably be the same. eithe way it was a kiss goodbye to the win a nd most certainly the podium. FPR just wanted ( and i can see why) to have lowndes and Seto move up a place, who knows what could have happend to murph in the last part of the race and they could have complained themselves into a win.
Nothing happened to Murph, he deserved the win. MS lost second place for safety reasons, as he should have lost the win at Sandown for safety reasons.
Old 13 Oct 2003, 13:07 (Ref:749531)   #48
webberisgod
Rookie

i wasnt disputing there were saftey reasons, i think Race control should have pulled him in straight away, wating as long as they did was a joke! perhaps TC could invest in a " digital decision maker" - a coin with yes or no printed on each side to make a decision.

However, i doubt FPR or ozemail would have been too hasty pulling their car in without a black flag while running in 2nd with 20 laps to go?

i remember bargs loosing a door somtime this year, now that cant be as safe as having a door on the car, so why wasnt he pulled in to have it corrected?
Old 13 Oct 2003, 13:10 (Ref:749535)   #49
Rulekeeper
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by webberisgod
i wasnt disputing there were saftey reasons, i think Race control should have pulled him in straight away, wating as long as they did was a joke! perhaps TC could invest in a " digital decision maker" - a coin with yes or no printed on each side to make a decision.

However, i doubt FPR or ozemail would have been too hasty pulling their car in without a black flag while running in 2nd with 20 laps to go?

i remember bargs loosing a door somtime this year, now that cant be as safe as having a door on the car, so why wasnt he pulled in to have it corrected?
I agree. He should have been called in much earlier but he wasn't. It was up to JG to make a decision(a very hard one at that) and he made the wrong one in many peoples mind.
Old 13 Oct 2003, 13:15 (Ref:749543)   #50
webberisgod
Rookie

but they wernt the ppl in the hot seat at the time, everything is fine with 20/20 hindsight and everyone knows they could do a better job. only problem is that they are not the ppl doing the job.