Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 15 Oct 2004, 10:01 (Ref:1125066)   #26
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Gorey must have swallowed a dictionary this week for his column....

... take a squiz, Here

Interesting stuff....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 15 Oct 2004, 10:26 (Ref:1125083)   #27
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Natalie the office tramp? Rough, damn rough!

VVanker in a helicopter? Rough view of oneself, perhaps?

Gore is a huge character who adds to the Supercar landscape
Old 15 Oct 2004, 11:25 (Ref:1125133)   #28
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very interesting GTR, first time I've read one of his offerings.
I like his view on most things, but there are a couple in there that I would love to comment on but hey you know me
Old 15 Oct 2004, 11:38 (Ref:1125144)   #29
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Puts it all into perspective really doesn't it. I know last year when I attended the race for the first time when we came over the hill and saw those letters it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. I looked at my mate I went with and we both realised the adrenalin levels had raised a little and that was only Tuesday.
Old 15 Oct 2004, 12:43 (Ref:1125202)   #30
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It is interesting to read his thoughts though... Mr McFadyen cant be overly impressed.... presumably this takes another 'optioned' driver out of the frame for 2005....

And the tension is certainly in the air from around 9.30am.. when standing on pit straight, to see the cars form up, and cycle thru the pits... now that feels Goooooood

Altho... Mr Stibbard would be having heart palpitations at the race not starting at 10am on the dot!
Old 16 Oct 2004, 21:23 (Ref:1126205)   #31
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
At the risk of getting rubbished of the face of the Earth, I am prepared to say that the WPS Experience so far would have to be one of the best BRANDING and MARKETING exercises that V8 Supercars have seen for many years, but especially in a 1st year attempt.

I would bet that Gorey's Diary on the WPS website gets read almost religiously by many people, even if it's just for the humour value. How many other teams could boast that kind of loyalty with their media releases?
Old 17 Oct 2004, 03:33 (Ref:1126418)   #32
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
McFadyn is gone. finished up monday and wont be back

my understanding is that WPS have pulled in over 30 million in investors funds, so far this year from their v8 experience

Anyone get the free lanyard at bathurst or entered the competition to win an xr8.

so he is getting a return on investment

hopefully on the weekend he will get some worldwide exposure from the indy race and besnard will pay dividends on the faith gorey has shown in him.

great article too, very passionate
Old 17 Oct 2004, 03:38 (Ref:1126421)   #33
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WPS - yep I've heard of them, but what do they do?
Old 17 Oct 2004, 03:51 (Ref:1126428)   #34
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
http://wps.net.au/

financial services
investments etc
Old 17 Oct 2004, 04:00 (Ref:1126433)   #35
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by peckstar
http://wps.net.au/

financial services
investments etc

And people had doubts about Mark & Co in financial matters, they should have WPS running their promo's
Old 17 Oct 2004, 05:24 (Ref:1126445)   #36
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently the way McFayden was told he wasn't wanted wasn't very nice. If it was me treated that way Mr. Gore would still be removing my shoe from his ar** at the very least.
Old 17 Oct 2004, 07:15 (Ref:1126474)   #37
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally posted by pete55
Apparently the way McFayden was told he wasn't wanted wasn't very nice. If it was me treated that way Mr. Gore would still be removing my shoe from his ar** at the very least.
I am sure Gorey didnt think it was very nice to have to switch drivers at Sandown because the driver was too slow.. oops had a headache...

... or have to spend probably $50k airfreighting the AU back from China, picking up an entrants licence, prepping the car and running it in Konica, only for the car to be a couple of seconds off the pace of its times last year, and absolutely nowhere in the Konica race itself...

... or to be of a fitness level when it came to Bathurst that someone with a scanner from a competitor team suggested the driver was begging to get out of the vehicle not long after the stint started, complaining of cramps... and indeed was 4 seconds off the lead driver's pace the whole way...

There are many urban legends about this driver... some seem to be very true, some seem unbelievable but are true...

... but ultimately, to have had 2 different teams as employers during the season, and have both of then send the driver to the scrapheap despite long term deals, well I should think where there is smoke, there is fire....
Old 17 Oct 2004, 10:52 (Ref:1126565)   #38
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has it been confirmed that he has actually been sacked or are we assuming again GTR.
Old 17 Oct 2004, 11:10 (Ref:1126575)   #39
pete55
Veteran

GTR, who's barrow are you pushing. You seem to be putting down some up and coming drivers and pushing others for seats.
Old 17 Oct 2004, 11:41 (Ref:1126591)   #40
pete55
Veteran

I know if i was a driver the last place i would look for a drive would be at WPS. You'd never know if tomorrow you had a drive or not. And you'd be kept guessing and be totally surprised at how you were told your contract was being terminated.
Old 17 Oct 2004, 21:31 (Ref:1126887)   #41
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I push nobody's barrow... there isnt a lot of point, and its not as if it would make a difference anyway.

But when you have "superstars" proclaiming themselves as the second coming, and clearly they are not, knowing what really went on would be quite helpful I would have thought.

And AAB, if you read Gory's corner, there is no doubt that Mr McFadyen has been released....
Old 17 Oct 2004, 21:41 (Ref:1126892)   #42
EMR39

pete, when you're an up and comer trying to make your mark in the #1 game, you're likely to take just about any seat you can get. Hell, with a lack of budget it's difficult to get a seat even in the lites. It's $25k per round even to get a drive in the Beikoff car. I don't blame him for getting a drive with WPS. If Gorey can get those cars sorted, he's gonna be a force to be reckoned with.

Old 17 Oct 2004, 22:43 (Ref:1126924)   #43
pete55
Veteran

I realise that WMR39. I was mainly talking about the way a WPS driver was sacked. Apparently Mr. Gore is good with his mouth when he can belittle someone in front of others and in his column on the website but when it comes to telling someone they are dismissed he doesn't have the decency to even make a phone call, he just uses the fax.
As far as I'm concerned Gore is a 'school bully' and should be treated as such.
Old 18 Oct 2004, 07:16 (Ref:1127070)   #44
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if the team continues to fail will Mr Gore *sack* himself from the team.

He was spotted yesterday in his chopper showing drivers around the circuit at SP.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 18 Oct 2004, 08:56 (Ref:1127112)   #45
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
With the "sacking" almost always comes a commercial in confidence financial settlement... so the ex-driver would likely still receive recompense for their work... even if it wasnt to the employer's standard
Old 18 Oct 2004, 09:33 (Ref:1127138)   #46
pete55
Veteran

Of course some employers in that situation tell the person to go take a jump and then they have to fight through the courts for their entitlements. Which way do you think Mr. Gore would handle this?
Old 18 Oct 2004, 10:43 (Ref:1127177)   #47
Also a Believer
Veteran

I doubt that any out of contract money will change hands Pete
Old 18 Oct 2004, 12:08 (Ref:1127238)   #48
pete55
Veteran

I doubt it too. I don't have a lot of faith in Mr. Gore.
Old 18 Oct 2004, 12:49 (Ref:1127282)   #49
Also a Believer
Veteran

I actually am prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt, but with both Mark and Neil recieving the same treatment I wonder who might be next, they still have 1 to many drivers dont they.
Old 18 Oct 2004, 13:11 (Ref:1127301)   #50
pete55
Veteran

The team may have trouble finding decent drivers come enduro time in 2005 too.