Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 14 Jun 2019, 09:31 (Ref:3910042)   #4396
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
https://media.astonmartin.com/aston-...ry-at-le-mans/

"Aston Martin to enter at least two works Valkyrie race cars in the 2020/21 FIA World Endurance Championship"
Old 14 Jun 2019, 09:52 (Ref:3910050)   #4397
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The new car will feature a race-prepared version of its bespoke high-revving normally-aspirated 6.5-litre V12 engine.

High Revving 6.5L V12. Yummy !!!!!!
Old 14 Jun 2019, 10:58 (Ref:3910071)   #4398
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!
I know that I've been asking a few tech questions about AMR racing cars, but anyone know the suspension configuration of the Valkyrie? As in is it similar to current F1/LMP1 cars?
Old 14 Jun 2019, 13:01 (Ref:3910115)   #4399
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good looking vehicle for sure. Wonder if they will go with daiglow yellow or dark green for the livery?
Old 14 Jun 2019, 13:58 (Ref:3910154)   #4400
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think as much as they have publicized the car with the green and day-glo strip it will have to be that livery in race trim. Fits with the previous Aston projects and much better than the hideous GTE crime on the eyes
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 14 Jun 2019, 14:03 (Ref:3910155)   #4401
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I think as much as they have publicized the car with the green and day-glo strip it will have to be that livery in race trim. Fits with the previous Aston projects and much better than the hideous GTE crime on the eyes
I....like the current Aston livery.

#SorryNotSorry
Old 14 Jun 2019, 14:59 (Ref:3910163)   #4402
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post

#SorryNotSorry

Seconded
Old 14 Jun 2019, 21:16 (Ref:3910220)   #4403
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

#SorryNotSorry
Order has been restored and we disagree again
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 14 Jun 2019, 21:30 (Ref:3910223)   #4404
JHamilton
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

#SorryNotSorry
You like Chartreuse Special, huh? It takes all kinds I guess.
Old 14 Jun 2019, 23:35 (Ref:3910240)   #4405
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!
Anyone think that there may be some marketing issues come 2020? AMR in GTE Pro is sponsored by Total, while the promotional car for the Valkyrie AMR Pro shows Mobil/Exxon/Esso sponsorship?

Even though Prodrive won't have anything directly to do with the LMP1 program, AMR is still AMR at the end of the day.
Old 15 Jun 2019, 02:47 (Ref:3910265)   #4406
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Anyone think that there may be some marketing issues come 2020? AMR in GTE Pro is sponsored by Total, while the promotional car for the Valkyrie AMR Pro shows Mobil/Exxon/Esso sponsorship?

Even though Prodrive won't have anything directly to do with the LMP1 program, AMR is still AMR at the end of the day.
Separate cars with separate teams and programs. Not really anything to see there at all. If they tie the Valkyrie program in with Red Bull they will likely have to run with Mobil/Esso branding. Also probably why they have used the ExxonMobil branding on the promo material
Old 15 Jun 2019, 06:51 (Ref:3910286)   #4407
Aysedasi
At Home.....
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I freely admit I'm with you on the yellow. Don't like it at all. It's neither one thing nor the other..... My personal opinion, of course.....

Now 176 and still counting (hopefully.....)
Old 15 Jun 2019, 08:45 (Ref:3910299)   #4408
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
It's good to have them back in the top class. They are certainly showing how serious they are about it. It's very encouraging for the future of the series
Old 15 Jun 2019, 13:19 (Ref:3910381)   #4409
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Not sure if its been mentioned before, but one of the design goal of the Valkyrie is to be faster round a track than an F1 car.....
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 16 Jun 2019, 03:28 (Ref:3911541)   #4410
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Not sure if its been mentioned before, but one of the design goal of the Valkyrie is to be faster round a track than an F1 car.....
I had a few unrealistic goals in my life too.