Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 30 Jan 2020, 23:22 (Ref:3954644)   #101
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think the hillclimb normally runs in the opposite direction starting below Forrests Elbow and up through the Dipper ending after Skyline but it may have run from before Griffins up to the top sometimes,
Old 31 Jan 2020, 02:34 (Ref:3954655)   #102
Tony C
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
Tony C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
I think the hillclimb normally runs in the opposite direction starting below Forrests Elbow and up through the Dipper ending after Skyline but it may have run from before Griffins up to the top sometimes,
Yes normally they go up the dipper but last year they ran in the normal direction starting on mountain straight and going through to the top of the hill.
Old 31 Jan 2020, 03:18 (Ref:3954660)   #103
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know what the cars in the Group C demonstration were?

Last practice session 3 had no timing tower and both commentary on track & live timing dropped out.

But perhaps the biggest issue is the position LED displays in many cars are very hard to read due to windscreen strips being cut almost on top of the numbers.

Surprise fastest was #75, only car in the 2:04's.
Old 31 Jan 2020, 05:49 (Ref:3954666)   #104
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
It is still the last few days of the school summer hols in much of Oz (Tassie, WA, half of NSW, and ACT) so much more opportunity for dads and lads to visit. Remember it's a day each way just to get there from most of the country.
School started for my lads already so not going this year. ☹️
Old 31 Jan 2020, 10:52 (Ref:3954711)   #105
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bathurst's major urban industry is Higher Education and it is useful to keep thec 12hr outside semester times to use available accommodation and facilities.
Uni, Teachers college TAFE etc start back mid Feb.
Old 31 Jan 2020, 12:01 (Ref:3954731)   #106
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtony View Post
Bathurst's major urban industry is Higher Education and it is useful to keep thec 12hr outside semester times to use available accommodation and facilities.
Uni, Teachers college TAFE etc start back mid Feb.
Indeed OT.... I once rented a student room in a local halls of residence there during their semester vacations. Very local to the track IIRC and reasonable.
Old 31 Jan 2020, 12:53 (Ref:3954751)   #107
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That must have been awesome to do that. I can understand it being there, after all Mount Panorama uses public roads, although I'm not sure how much of it still is
Old 31 Jan 2020, 13:41 (Ref:3954771)   #108
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A taster:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g40Dig149_E
Old 31 Jan 2020, 13:41 (Ref:3954772)   #109
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Ironic topic since I posted about this just yesterday. Just wishful thinking. Another year, another car knocked out in practice.

https://sportscar365.com/sro/igtc/kc...ractice-crash/
Old 31 Jan 2020, 21:38 (Ref:3954855)   #110
venturi
Racer

Australia
venturi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridventuri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saturday live streaming for international (or vpn) viewers has started here - https://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/st...nal-streaming/

Or here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYb5L_9cx8c

Schedule - https://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/schedule/
Old 31 Jan 2020, 21:50 (Ref:3954858)   #111
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Skippy on the circuit. Red flag! Kangaroos winning this practice so far.
Old 31 Jan 2020, 22:01 (Ref:3954863)   #112
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Skippy super slo-mo!

And love the shot of the one cresting Skyline.
Old 31 Jan 2020, 22:02 (Ref:3954864)   #113
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Skippy on the circuit. Red flag! Kangaroos winning this practice so far.
I remember Gerhard Berger hitting a hare at the Austrian GP but never seen a skippy on circuit.
Old 31 Jan 2020, 22:08 (Ref:3954867)   #114
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Hares can be quite common, especially at places like Silverstone, although I never heard of the one with Berger at Austria, but then we have had deer on the track there and I wouldn’t rule out hares either.

I know there have been a few ‘roos on track at Bathurst, although I’m not sure any have been of the bush variety like Skippy lol
Old 31 Jan 2020, 22:12 (Ref:3954868)   #115
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
I remember Gerhard Berger hitting a hare at the Austrian GP but never seen a skippy on circuit.
I was just showing the footage to my kids and explained that this happens quite a bit at Bathurst and pretty sure one of the leading cars about 4 or 5 years ago hit one, knocking them out of the race and sending Skippy to the afterlife. I've never seen so many at once!!

GREEN!
Old 31 Jan 2020, 22:13 (Ref:3954869)   #116
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Hares can be quite common, especially at places like Silverstone, although I never heard of the one with Berger at Austria, but then we have had deer on the track there and I wouldn’t rule out hares either.

I know there have been a few ‘roos on track at Bathurst, although I’m not sure any have been of the bush variety like Skippy lol
I've attended meetings at every circuit in England and quite a few abroad over a period of 50+ years and never seen a deer on track.
Old 31 Jan 2020, 22:39 (Ref:3954877)   #117
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I guess Dixie has been in the states long enough. We'll claim him!!
Old 31 Jan 2020, 22:41 (Ref:3954880)   #118
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Ironic topic since I posted about this just yesterday. Just wishful thinking. Another year, another car knocked out in practice.
It happens when you join the party with amateur drivers. Indeed Mr Burdon is not up to the task.
Old 31 Jan 2020, 23:13 (Ref:3954886)   #119
MCWB
Veteran

MCWB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Plenty at Bathurst over the years (warning: contains vision of a kangaroo being hit by a car). But sometimes they go for a hot lap (family friendly).
Old 31 Jan 2020, 23:14 (Ref:3954887)   #120
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Session over with a Bentley and a Ferrari having separate incidents right at the end....

Jarvis off at the Chase in the Bentley and Serra off at the top of the mountain in the Ferrari. Both look fixable, but some decent damage to both.

Edit - looking like brake failure for Jarvis. Ferrari looks worse than i thought....
Old 31 Jan 2020, 23:26 (Ref:3954889)   #121
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don’t know what Bentley did to upset the Aussies but they never seem to have any luck at Bathurst.
Old 1 Feb 2020, 00:11 (Ref:3954891)   #122
S griffin
Veteran

This just not a happy hunting ground for the Bentleys, anything that can go wrong does go wrong and it seems to be a different problem every year
Old 1 Feb 2020, 00:22 (Ref:3954894)   #123
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Aussie Racing Cars curently on track are messing with my mind - it's like watching racing cars filmed in 16:9 ratio compressed to the 4:3 format!
Old 1 Feb 2020, 00:33 (Ref:3954897)   #124
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
The Aussie Racing Cars curently on track are messing with my mind - it's like watching racing cars filmed in 16:9 ratio compressed to the 4:3 format!
Right? They were kinda neat, but not only were they pint sized, the looked like they handled about like a brick would.

decent show!
Old 1 Feb 2020, 02:21 (Ref:3954908)   #125
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Nasty, nasty incident over the top....