Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 13 Apr 2017, 05:40 (Ref:3726038)   #1201
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
========Midge; I hope you feel thoroughly ashamed of yourself for adding to my distress, as I toss and turn through the night.==========

Nope.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
I've ben meaning to ask. What the blazes is a Tapatalk? Would that explain why you gush so?

Bauble the Ignorant.
Old 13 Apr 2017, 05:43 (Ref:3726039)   #1202
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
It's a shame that some tenthers who used to post on 'Tea Break' (including Delta himself), hardly give the thread a passing glance nowadays. Something is putting them off- maybe it's discussion about steam trains, drones or whatever, maybe not......
Old 13 Apr 2017, 06:57 (Ref:3726043)   #1203
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
... as I toss and turn through the night. (No salacious interpretation, please Viva).

Salut.

Bauble.
Operating a lathe, or any other machine tool whilst wearing pyjamas is against the Health & Safety at Work act 1974
Old 13 Apr 2017, 07:06 (Ref:3726045)   #1204
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
It's a shame that some tenthers who used to post on 'Tea Break' (including Delta himself), hardly give the thread a passing glance nowadays. Something is putting them off- maybe it's discussion about steam trains, drones or whatever, maybe not......
I blame, Max, VivaGt, John Elwin, as it can't possibly be me.
Old 13 Apr 2017, 07:08 (Ref:3726047)   #1205
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I blame, Max, VivaGt, John Elwin, as it can't possibly be me.
You have just unmasked your true identity. You're not Bauble from Bedfordshire, you're my wife aren't you? (Nothing is ever her fault either...)
Old 13 Apr 2017, 08:28 (Ref:3726055)   #1206
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
You have just unmasked your true identity. You're not Bauble from Bedfordshire, you're my wife aren't you? (Nothing is ever her fault either...)
Crumbs! Is she married to you as well?
Old 13 Apr 2017, 08:44 (Ref:3726058)   #1207
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Crumbs! Is she married to you as well?
Why has the phrase "How big of me" come into my mind?
Old 13 Apr 2017, 09:35 (Ref:3726062)   #1208
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Why has the phrase "How big of me" come into my mind?
On occasion, but I would not be willing to discuss it on a public forum
Old 13 Apr 2017, 10:53 (Ref:3726067)   #1209
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Hmmmm??
Subject of Drones,guy was using one to film at Brunnchen last year during TF.He hasnt got it now though.
Old 13 Apr 2017, 11:12 (Ref:3726073)   #1210
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post
Hmmmm??
Subject of Drones,guy was using one to film at Brunnchen last year during TF.He hasnt got it now though.
I find the huge difference in regulations between countries very surprising!

There was a survey published other day regarding the slowest average speed traffic achieved on our M'ways. Guess what- the M25 was slowest.... Think most of us at could have concluded that- just looking at the live traffic data this lunchtime there is more red (stationary) than anything else!

And the slowest average speed in a City? Not London, but Cambridge. I'm thinking that is by design, though, rather than a result of congestion.....
Old 13 Apr 2017, 11:57 (Ref:3726080)   #1211
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I find the huge difference in regulations between countries very surprising!

There was a survey published other day regarding the slowest average speed traffic achieved on our M'ways. Guess what- the M25 was slowest.... Think most of us at could have concluded that- just looking at the live traffic data this lunchtime there is more red (stationary) than anything else!

And the slowest average speed in a City? Not London, but Cambridge. I'm thinking that is by design, though, rather than a result of congestion.....
I would have thought the M11 was the worst - it's the most inadequate goat track in the civilised (well, almost!) world.

Looking forward to the new Dartfod Crossing, Mike?
Old 13 Apr 2017, 13:45 (Ref:3726096)   #1212
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Looking forward to the new Dartfod Crossing, Mike?
I suppose Mike would look forward to it, as I would but we'll never see it completed in our lifetime or at least while we are still compos mentis enough to be able to make use of it. Don't believe the ten year completion time, it wont even be past the public enquiry and planning permission stage in ten years.

Last edited by Tim Falce; 13 Apr 2017 at 19:09. Reason: Need to brush up on my Latin
Old 13 Apr 2017, 17:16 (Ref:3726153)   #1213
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
I would have thought the M11 was the worst - it's the most inadequate goat track in the civilised (well, almost!) world.

Looking forward to the new Dartford Crossing, Mike?
M11 not even in the top 10, from memory! Having said that, I do hate it, but I loath the M25....

As Tim says, don't think him or me will ever be taking advantage of the extra Thames crossing! The proposed route would be perfect for getting to Dover from here though, so I can dream..... If it does go ahead, no doubt the construction will cause chaos for years. Even the Norwich 'Northern Link Road' under construction is causing more frustration now for folk in the area it passes through than it will probably save when open!
Old 13 Apr 2017, 17:34 (Ref:3726165)   #1214
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bauble - Tapatalk is a mobile telephone app that I use. It brings a number of forums into one central place. Not that interested in other forums, but it displays Tenths better on my phone than the web version.

And the EVA-L09 is the fancy name for my Huawei cheap phone.

Old 13 Apr 2017, 17:36 (Ref:3726167)   #1215
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Bauble - Tapatalk is a mobile telephone app that I use. It brings a number of forums into one central place. Not that interested in other forums, but it displays Tenths better on my phone than the web version.

And the EVA-L09 is the fancy name for my Huawei cheap phone.

Ah!
Old 13 Apr 2017, 19:00 (Ref:3726186)   #1216
percy
Racer

percy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ah!
Bauble - a mobile phone is a telephone that you can take out of the house when you go somewhere (without the need for a looooong extension cable). Modern mobiles have screens on them - about the size of the screens on those Bakelite television sets you're familiar with. Apps are... ah, forget it...!!
Old 13 Apr 2017, 19:15 (Ref:3726191)   #1217
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by percy View Post
Bauble - a mobile phone is a telephone that you can take out of the house when you go somewhere (without the need for a looooong extension cable). Modern mobiles have screens on them - about the size of the screens on those Bakelite television sets you're familiar with. Apps are... ah, forget it...!!
I know someone who claims he leaves his mobile at home in case anybody wants to call him whilst he's out.

And no, it's not Bob.
Old 13 Apr 2017, 19:16 (Ref:3726192)   #1218
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:

As Tim says, don't think him or me will ever be taking advantage of the extra Thames crossing! The proposed route would be perfect for getting to Dover from here though, so I can dream..... If it does go ahead, no doubt the construction will cause chaos for years. Even the Norwich 'Northern Link Road' under construction is causing more frustration now for folk in the area it passes through than it will probably save when open!
About 40 years ago I was going to buy a house that was very close to the proposed Thames crossing to link the A2 to the north circular, they're still talking about it. I also notice the new Blackwall tunnel that was going to be started this year has died a death now we have a new mayor that hates cars and is only concerned with giving even more road to cyclists and milking motorists for even more congestion and emission tax.
Old 13 Apr 2017, 20:07 (Ref:3726199)   #1219
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
we have a new mayor that hates cars and is only concerned with giving even more road to cyclists and milking motorists for even more congestion and emission tax.
When's he up for re-election? Certainly doesn't seem popular with a lot of folk....
Old 13 Apr 2017, 21:39 (Ref:3726218)   #1220
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by percy View Post
Percy you will be astounded to hear that years ago people used to leave the house, and only be in contact with other people when actually in front of them.

Back in the old days we used to have what we called 'conversations'. These meant that two or more people would talk to each other in their actual presence, like, being able to see and even touch them? We knew what our friends looked like in the flesh, could see their faces, watch them smile or laugh, of course this is now a very out-dated method of communication, however, a few of us older types do still indulge in it whenever possible.

See you next Friday ... face-to-face.
Old 13 Apr 2017, 22:01 (Ref:3726223)   #1221
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

So have you upgraded a device and installed the Skype App?
Old 14 Apr 2017, 05:26 (Ref:3726256)   #1222
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No,he bought another Pigeon.
Old 14 Apr 2017, 08:01 (Ref:3726276)   #1223
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
So have you upgraded a device and installed the Skype App?
Recently I downgraded my mobile from some fancy gadget that. apparently, could do everything except the washing up, but remained a mystery to me, for a nice simple thing that can make calls. My friends tell me that if I switched it on they could call me, but who wants that sort of interruption to life?

Ludite.
Old 14 Apr 2017, 08:11 (Ref:3726278)   #1224
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Recently I downgraded my mobile from some fancy gadget that. apparently, could do everything except the washing up, but remained a mystery to me, for a nice simple thing that can make calls. My friends tell me that if I switched it on they could call me, but who wants that sort of interruption to life?

Ludite.
For once I agree with you on something Bob! I've only got a basic phone & it's only switched on when I want it to be - certainly don't want to be 'contactable' at all times.
Old 14 Apr 2017, 09:13 (Ref:3726285)   #1225
percy
Racer

percy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
two or more people would talk to each other in their actual presence, like, being able to see and even touch them?

See you next Friday - but at arm's length
Closed Thread