Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 9 Jul 2012, 13:30 (Ref:3104199)   #276
FalkenALMS
Racer

FalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Everyone!

After an early start travel day yesterday, we're back in the shop. I'll try to post something in the Falken thread later today.

Thanks to Ten-Tenths users who stopped by. It was great to meet you and finally put a face to username! Hope to see more of you!

Needless to say, LRP was not our best weekend. Accelerated shoulder wear on our left rear tire forced us to make a couple more pit stops than expected. We pitted four times while the GT leaders came in twice. Major props go to our crew members for being "on call" for the whole race, ready to hop over the wall at a moment's notice. Bryan and Wolf did an excellent job fighting traffic and gaining positions. At one point, the #17 Porsche had worked its way up to second. With the unfavorable conditions we had, we're proud that we didn't finish behind our starting position.

I've sent our post-race press release to the forum, but it doesn't look like it's up yet. For those of you who would like to read it, here it is: http://bit.ly/M5MErT

Here are some additional quotes from the team members:
Derrick Walker, Program Manager:
Vibrations are not uncommon in tires because you can get them out of balance. When they wear, they get out of balance, so we didn’t necessarily think it was a major issue. Shortly thereafter, with the loss of pressure we obviously realized we had a different kind of vibration, and a different kind of problem. From that point on we were in total experimental mode. We were going through the range of everything we had with a keen eye on making sure it was safe. We had to know the tire would do the distance, and we changed the tires as often as we felt we needed to. The last set of tires we tried was definitely a marked improvement. We learned a lot from it. For sure that will help us better understand what we’ve got in our tires for Mosport.We will learn something from every experience, good or bad. We have to remind ourselves that’s what this program is. It’s a tire development program.

Wolf Henzler:
We had a tough race today. We couldn’t finish as we expected. We were struggling in practice the car was a little better today in warm up but we had a problem in the race so we had to come in more often than we planned to. We lost two laps because of that. We were not where we wanted to be. The only thing we can do is keep working hard and test tires and try to get better for the next races.

Bryan Sellers:
The balance of the car wasn’t bad, we just lacked a bit of overall grip to the other guys. We could manage over a stint to stay roughly with the same lap times, but it wasn’t a strong day for us overall. No excuses, we just weren’t great.
Old 9 Jul 2012, 13:50 (Ref:3104206)   #277
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
TrueBlueFlyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalkenALMS View Post
if you liked their car, you should have seen their grid girls :P
Old 9 Jul 2012, 14:18 (Ref:3104214)   #278
FalkenALMS
Racer

FalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlueFlyer View Post
if you liked their car, you should have seen their grid girls :P
Speaking of, here's a pic of the girls and the Porsche on the grid!
(please keep comments appropriate)

Old 9 Jul 2012, 15:10 (Ref:3104242)   #279
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Hope Falken got some good wet rubber for that chassis . Oh , the boots stay on !!!
Old 9 Jul 2012, 15:18 (Ref:3104245)   #280
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Hi Everyone!

After an early start travel day yesterday, we're back in the shop. I'll try to post something in the Falken thread later today.

Thanks to Ten-Tenths users who stopped by. It was great to meet you and finally put a face to username! Hope to see more of you!

Needless to say, LRP was not our best weekend. Accelerated shoulder wear on our left rear tire forced us to make a couple more pit stops than expected. We pitted four times while the GT leaders came in twice. Major props go to our crew members for being "on call" for the whole race, ready to hop over the wall at a moment's notice. Bryan and Wolf did an excellent job fighting traffic and gaining positions. At one point, the #17 Porsche had worked its way up to second. With the unfavorable conditions we had, we're proud that we didn't finish behind our starting position.

I've sent our post-race press release to the forum, but it doesn't look like it's up yet. For those of you who would like to read it, here it is: http://bit.ly/M5MErT

Here are some additional quotes from the team members:
Derrick Walker, Program Manager:
Vibrations are not uncommon in tires because you can get them out of balance. When they wear, they get out of balance, so we didn’t necessarily think it was a major issue. Shortly thereafter, with the loss of pressure we obviously realized we had a different kind of vibration, and a different kind of problem. From that point on we were in total experimental mode. We were going through the range of everything we had with a keen eye on making sure it was safe. We had to know the tire would do the distance, and we changed the tires as often as we felt we needed to. The last set of tires we tried was definitely a marked improvement. We learned a lot from it. For sure that will help us better understand what we’ve got in our tires for Mosport.We will learn something from every experience, good or bad. We have to remind ourselves that’s what this program is. It’s a tire development program.

Wolf Henzler:
We had a tough race today. We couldn’t finish as we expected. We were struggling in practice the car was a little better today in warm up but we had a problem in the race so we had to come in more often than we planned to. We lost two laps because of that. We were not where we wanted to be. The only thing we can do is keep working hard and test tires and try to get better for the next races.

Bryan Sellers:
The balance of the car wasn’t bad, we just lacked a bit of overall grip to the other guys. We could manage over a stint to stay roughly with the same lap times, but it wasn’t a strong day for us overall. No excuses, we just weren’t great.
I would have gone to say hi, I just didn't know who you were, haha.
Old 9 Jul 2012, 15:20 (Ref:3104247)   #281
FalkenALMS
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I would have gone to say hi, I just didn't know who you were, haha.

All you have to do in the future is ask the guys for the PR girl!
Old 9 Jul 2012, 16:45 (Ref:3104265)   #282
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidst tundra View Post
I don't really buy that removing the LMPC class will see a flotilla of teams convert to LMP1/2. You'll probably see far less cars on the grid.
I don't think so either, I just think there are too many classes at the moment, and one spec class is enough. If we gained 1-2 for the real LMP classes that would be a victory. Maybe run LMPC as a support series, who knows, just clean up the class system and reduce the clutter. More isn't always better, it's just more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Who do you have issues with? Kimber-Smith isn't exactly an amateur, and he seemed to have caused the biggest of the incidents.
Well my issues are with no one driver in particular, but more with that class. The other incident with was with Butch Leitzinger behind the wheel, whom no-one would ever accuse of being inexperienced. I've defended the LMPC class to an extent in the past, I'm just over it, and doubtful that it creates any meaningful lasting legacy or fans, or anything else.
Old 9 Jul 2012, 16:50 (Ref:3104270)   #283
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

I'll say what I'll say every time I see Falken Tire's models, Do their mothers know what they're wearing?

And yet I am drawing more attention to them, albeit a drop in the bucket.

Chris
Old 9 Jul 2012, 17:43 (Ref:3104290)   #284
JoeMaters
Racer

JoeMaters should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Beautiful ladies specially the one on the right!!
Old 12 Jul 2012, 19:14 (Ref:3105716)   #285
FalkenALMS
Racer

As promised: Lime Rock through the eyes of Wolf Henzler: http://bit.ly/LiDsW8
Old 13 Jul 2012, 00:48 (Ref:3105846)   #286
Duff_44
Racer

United States
Bristol, CT
Duff_44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
As promised: Lime Rock through the eyes of Wolf Henzler: http://bit.ly/LiDsW8
[SelfGloss]
I was one of the lucky fans who got to have lunch with Bryan and Wolf on Friday! Talked a bunch about racing, a little bit about Porsche's future GT programs, ESPN (Bryan's wife Jamie Howe is a pit reporter for them and their World HQ is about 5 min up the road from me), and tried to help Wolf with directions to Newark... Had a great time, and thanks again to Team Falken Tire!
[/SelfGloss]

Old 13 Jul 2012, 03:06 (Ref:3105867)   #287
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff_44 View Post
[SelfGloss]
I was one of the lucky fans who got to have lunch with Bryan and Wolf on Friday! Talked a bunch about racing, a little bit about Porsche's future GT programs, ESPN (Bryan's wife Jamie Howe is a pit reporter for them and their World HQ is about 5 min up the road from me), and tried to help Wolf with directions to Newark... Had a great time, and thanks again to Team Falken Tire!
[/SelfGloss]

Cool story bro...

No, I'm actually being serious! I can tell you had a great time. That is an awesome promotion that Team Falken Tire has come up with. Huge kudos to you guys (FalkenALMS) for being the most active team in the series!!

Chris
Old 13 Jul 2012, 04:35 (Ref:3105877)   #288
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
[SelfGloss]
and tried to help Wolf with directions to Newark...
[/SelfGloss]
haha I can imagine how that went!
Old 13 Jul 2012, 05:45 (Ref:3105885)   #289
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I got slightly lucky, and just barely caught Wolf before he could leave the autograph table. (We drove in from the Elmira area that morning, so we were a tad late getting in for the session.)

It was an excellent late morning and afternoon at the track. We caught up with a couple of vendors we saw at Watkins Glen the week before, including my favorite Belgian lady with the books and shirts. And for the race itself, I think my favorite spot was on the outside, just upstream from the drive-over bridge, where you watch the guys coming from "the Uphill" and heading right at you before going through West Bend and then under the bridge.

The real kicker though, was that I ended up having the right connection that I was able to get into the Dyson tent and talk for a little bit with the guys (particularly Chris Dyson and Guy Smith) between the autograph session and pre-race. I got to say "hi" to Rob Dyson and Duncan Dayton as well while I was in there.

That vacation had two great bookends: the Glen Six Hour, finishing with being in Victory Circle, and those six-and-a-half hours the following Saturday at Lime Rock.
Old 13 Jul 2012, 06:38 (Ref:3105897)   #290
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
[SelfGloss]
Talked a bunch about racing, a little bit about Porsche's future GT programs,....

Anything you can share?

It sounds like you had a fantastic time.
Old 13 Jul 2012, 08:05 (Ref:3105924)   #291
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Duncan Dayton
Hanging out at Lime Rock with the Dysons, huh? I'm sure they're pals, and it is close to his home base, but who wants to try and start a rumor?

Chris
Old 13 Jul 2012, 14:29 (Ref:3106043)   #292
FalkenALMS
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
Cool story bro...

No, I'm actually being serious! I can tell you had a great time. That is an awesome promotion that Team Falken Tire has come up with. Huge kudos to you guys (FalkenALMS) for being the most active team in the series!!

Chris
Thanks, Chris. Big thanks goes to our friends at the Falken Tire Corporation for allowing us to do this, even though it may not be direct promotion for the tires--which is the reason we're here in the first place. They really see the importance of reaching out to our fans, and this is definitely a fun way to do it.
Old 13 Jul 2012, 22:24 (Ref:3106183)   #293
Duff_44
Racer

United States
Bristol, CT
Duff_44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderman View Post
Anything you can share?
Nothing that isn't already public information... we tried to get them to convince Porsche to run the LMP1 on Falkens so TFT could run it, but agreed it would probably fall on deaf ears.