Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 28 Aug 2001, 11:20 (Ref:136982)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Petit Le Mans - Road Atlanta

Anyone else planning to go? I've got credentials and will be there from October 3rd (we're driving down and camping, so all prayers for good weather appreciated). This is a great course and the leaves should be turning at that time (for those who like that sort of thing) so it should be very pretty as well.
Old 29 Aug 2001, 18:25 (Ref:137916)   #2
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Road Atlanta is a magnificent circuit - I've just driven round it (virtually) for the first time on Le Mans 24 Hours on the Playstation2 and it's a great place to race. It must be amazing in autumn.

I am *most* jealous.

Last edited by Minardi fan; 29 Aug 2001 at 18:27.
Old 6 Sep 2001, 23:03 (Ref:142756)   #3
Ortegatrail
Rookie

Ortegatrail should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Last year the place started filling up Wednesday morning with campers and RV's. If you have the chance, get there as early as possible. This year the camping areas have been reduced do to some " improvements " being done to the outside of turn 10 ( more grandstands ).
Also, I had a conversation with Gary Stewart ( Security coordinator for RA ) last week, and they are limiting the amount of parking on the grounds to about a third of last years amount. Additional parking will be provided a the speedway across Hwy. 53. Other than that, It should be a great time for you. I'll be camping out at turn 9 with about twenty or so inebriated friends
Old 7 Sep 2001, 17:48 (Ref:143233)   #4
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We're planning to get in Thursday morning early - we have to drive from here. Parking is no problem as we've got Media passes (RHIP) so if all else fails we can camp in the parking lot (not).

We'll have a Canadian flag and probably a Brazilian flag on our tent. Hope to see you there.
Old 26 Sep 2001, 15:38 (Ref:151623)   #5
Liz
Veteran

Here's an announcement of a meeting place from RaceFamily Motorsports in case you would like to meet up with some of us:

When: Saturday 4:00 pm
Where: The "Experience" tent located just outside the track at turn 10b by the Suzuki Bridge.

Who: This has become the meeting time and place for several members of the sportscar forum and I hope a few of us from RFM.

See ya there.
Old 26 Sep 2001, 23:55 (Ref:151897)   #6
Redneck
Racer

Redneck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I miss the old track. Gravity Cavity was a real kick in the pants.

And a ride with Team Pallet through the infield would let you know what being scared was really like.

Last edited by Redneck; 26 Sep 2001 at 23:56.