Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 17 Jan 2019, 12:03 (Ref:3876679)   #726
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
A bit concerned about the latest advice on how to save the planet- we've got to eat one burger per week. That's one more per week than I eat now.....
No doubt it has to be a vegan burger as well.

Last edited by gary396; 17 Jan 2019 at 12:04. Reason: grammar
Old 17 Jan 2019, 12:13 (Ref:3876687)   #727
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
No doubt it has to be a vegan burger as well.
Apparently I misheard- It's a MAXIMUM of one burger per week.... Farming of animals for food is a problem, it appears.
Old 17 Jan 2019, 13:08 (Ref:3876700)   #728
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Removjng cylinder heads refitting rebuilding etc.Very good.

Although some f****** idiot nicked my shoe.Just grow up jeez.Anyway...!Cant expext to much from a fellow college student.👎

Anyone now reassembling it all...
Old 17 Jan 2019, 13:12 (Ref:3876704)   #729
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I trust you pulled the studs, cleaned the head and block and cleaned and applied threadlock to the studs before putting them back.

Next stop, re set the tappets.
Old 17 Jan 2019, 13:28 (Ref:3876709)   #730
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Apparently I misheard- It's a MAXIMUM of one burger per week.... Farming of animals for food is a problem, it appears.

I was impressed by the recommendation that we eat a maximum of half a rasher of bacon per day, and one egg a week.......not at all sure how I've lived as long as I have......

My take on Delta's request for an update is that the one who didn't want to leave but feels duty bound to lead us out has managed to upset enough of her party by being too tough / not tough enough with the EU, has upset the DUP because they haven't got anyone else to be upset with since they and their local opposition are incapable of operating a devolved government (but keep getting paid to not do so), and is generally unpopular since she is largely charmless...so she lost the "deal" vote.

On the other hand, the one who did (and does) want to leave the EU, despite the majority of his party and MPs, and a sizeable proportion of his voters wanting to stay, has tried to make political capital by forcing an election he was going to lose, and failed, and is now p***ing off most of his supporters who thought he was a saint(and also the Lib Dems etc) by steadfastly refusing to contemplate a second referendum, and is also refusing to take part in cross-party discussions to try to work out a way forward on some entirely spurious grounds, hoping to force another "no confidence" vote to get an election, despite the fact that he'd lose that even more heavily since he's alienating the LDs......

The EU on the other hand are steadily coming to the realisation that they've been so obdurate that there is a real possibility of one of their main funders leaving with "No deal", damaging their own economies as much as ours, and are quietly shifting their positions to allow some more flexibility, along with a further kicking of the can down the road....thus raising the interesting possibility of the EU elections in May taking place without any UK participants, despite us still being members, thereby putting into question the EU parliament's legitimacy.

Clear, Iain?

Its almost as if the grown-ups haven't thought this through and have concentrated more on their own aggrandisement than national considerations
Old 17 Jan 2019, 13:31 (Ref:3876710)   #731
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Its almost as if the grown-ups haven't thought this through and have concentrated more on their own aggrandisement than national considerations
Nooooo, how could you possibly think such a thing?
Old 17 Jan 2019, 13:33 (Ref:3876712)   #732
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I've got to have a lye down.Thanks Richard.
Old 17 Jan 2019, 13:39 (Ref:3876714)   #733
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
A few days ago, I posed the question on here about why the 14 year old, Jaden Moodie, who was murdered, was riding around on a scooter/moped when he wasn't old enough to have a licence to do so.

Well, information released by the police have confirmed a number of things. Firstly, the scooter was actually stolen and didn't belong to him.

Secondly, he was excluded from school after he posted the boast that he was involved in drug dealing, and posted pictures of himself waving £50 notes.

Maybe not quite the little angel as claimed by his family?
It was pretty obvious from the start he wasn't the angel he was made out to be so you weren't the only one to think the way you did.
Another one that springs to mind that wasn't the shining light he was made out to be was Stephen Lawrence who was a nasty piece of work and don't get me going about his not so popular (locally) mother who has made a very nice career out of her son's death but of course the truth doesn't always make good press does it.
Old 17 Jan 2019, 13:44 (Ref:3876715)   #734
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I was impressed by the recommendation that we eat a maximum of half a rasher of bacon per day, and one egg a week.......not at all sure how I've lived as long as I have......

My take on Delta's request for an update is that the one who didn't want to leave but feels duty bound to lead us out has managed to upset enough of her party by being too tough / not tough enough with the EU, has upset the DUP because they haven't got anyone else to be upset with since they and their local opposition are incapable of operating a devolved government (but keep getting paid to not do so), and is generally unpopular since she is largely charmless...so she lost the "deal" vote.

On the other hand, the one who did (and does) want to leave the EU, despite the majority of his party and MPs, and a sizeable proportion of his voters wanting to stay, has tried to make political capital by forcing an election he was going to lose, and failed, and is now p***ing off most of his supporters who thought he was a saint(and also the Lib Dems etc) by steadfastly refusing to contemplate a second referendum, and is also refusing to take part in cross-party discussions to try to work out a way forward on some entirely spurious grounds, hoping to force another "no confidence" vote to get an election, despite the fact that he'd lose that even more heavily since he's alienating the LDs......

The EU on the other hand are steadily coming to the realisation that they've been so obdurate that there is a real possibility of one of their main funders leaving with "No deal", damaging their own economies as much as ours, and are quietly shifting their positions to allow some more flexibility, along with a further kicking of the can down the road....thus raising the interesting possibility of the EU elections in May taking place without any UK participants, despite us still being members, thereby putting into question the EU parliament's legitimacy.

Clear, Iain?

Crikey 👍.
Old 17 Jan 2019, 13:46 (Ref:3876717)   #735
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I've got to have a lye down.Thanks Richard.

You're welcome......on another topic, glad to see that you'll be safer in NZ now that they are kicking out our latest chav exports who claimed to be from Liverpool, but at least one of whom when convicted of theft from a service station was revealed to live on a Travellers'site in Leicestershire.

I was also intrigued to read today that due to we Baby Boomers, one in five UK pensioners is now a millionaire..........I realise that those of us who indulge in our motorsport hobbies are probably in the upper quartiles, finance-wise, but a quick check amongst my cohort reveals that this statistic appears to be wildly inaccurate......I guess that's the penalty we pay for living oop North...... (Its worth it! )
Old 17 Jan 2019, 13:56 (Ref:3876720)   #736
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
You're welcome......on another topic, glad to see that you'll be safer in NZ now that they are kicking out our latest chav exports who claimed to be from Liverpool, but at least one of whom when convicted of theft from a service station was revealed to live on a Travellers'site in Leicestershire.

I was also intrigued to read today that due to we Baby Boomers, one in five UK pensioners is now a millionaire..........I realise that those of us who indulge in our motorsport hobbies are probably in the upper quartiles, finance-wise, but a quick check amongst my cohort reveals that this statistic appears to be wildly inaccurate......I guess that's the penalty we pay for living oop North...... (Its worth it! )
Now that doesn't surprise me!
As far as the milionaires thing, I've just checked with my peers and I find a similar answer to you...
Old 17 Jan 2019, 14:19 (Ref:3876727)   #737
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
As far as the milionaires thing, I've just checked with my peers and I find a similar answer to you...
You've both missed the point, if we took the motorsport out of our lives we would probably be millionaires. People often say to me, you own horses and race cars, you must be wealthy. No, if we didn't own horses and race cars we would be wealthy
Old 17 Jan 2019, 14:46 (Ref:3876730)   #738
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
You've both missed the point, if we took the motorsport out of our lives we would probably be millionaires. People often say to me, you own horses and race cars, you must be wealthy. No, if we didn't own horses and race cars we would be wealthy
Sadly Tim, apart from the time I spend on here and in front of the TV I took motorsport out of my life years ago (financial was one of the reasons). But I am still skint!
Old 17 Jan 2019, 14:49 (Ref:3876731)   #739
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I understood from previous post that Tim was in the haulage business, but horses???

Time to upgrade to a traction engine Tim.
Old 17 Jan 2019, 15:22 (Ref:3876740)   #740
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks to you all, our gov' had to find 30 M in a hurry "just in case". They will be used to improve the situation at harbors, train stations and airports. Airports? Last time I went to England, my passeport was checked five times. Last time I went to Geneva it was six, may be because I made profit of a special offer, ask five and get one free!
I know our politicians learn from this forum. Time for me to tell them one of my York's name is Argo. Why Argo? Because Ar-Go-F..k-Yourself!

Signé: Be my guest Mohammed!
Old 17 Jan 2019, 15:34 (Ref:3876744)   #741
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Vegans want to see most animals slaughtered, especially anything to do with farm animals, so that they can talk about raising and murdering more plants.
Old 17 Jan 2019, 15:49 (Ref:3876746)   #742
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
At least some French are learning English! But when it comes to some words like "hard Brexit", our politicians should improve their understanding. May I say very disrespectfully to those non-gentlemen that thinking about "hard" when the girl is about to leave is not an eLection problem its an eRection disorder!
Old 17 Jan 2019, 15:50 (Ref:3876747)   #743
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Clear, Iain?

Good analysis Richard.

How could we put that into, say, football reporting to make the information more accessible?

Two teams selected mainly from the reserves have played out a match using a VARiation on the rules that has never been used before and stumbled through to a 0-0 stalemate.

Whilst everyone is trying to work out whether the next step should be a replay or a penalty shoot out of some sort, the home team has had a number of discussions in the tunnel, dressing room and now the tunnel again as they head back to the pitch and have no idea what to do next since the 'powers' have yet to decide what to do next.

The First Team players and their Agents are all sitting in the car park in their limos or at the airport in their private jets waiting for the right moment to put in a transfer request in case opportunities (on either side) may yet arise to make more money from the existing teams without compromising future options.

The fans are left wondering how much next year's compulsory season ticket will cost but don't really expect the result to make much difference either way. They know is will just be a more expensive future and there will be more rules that no one understands.

HTH.
Old 17 Jan 2019, 15:54 (Ref:3876748)   #744
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
E.B, I guess you now lost your english accent. Be warned, just in case… If by chance you're expecting a visit, bear in mind that "kwossons here?" means "are there any croissants in the area?" and that "I need a place for my scooter" could mean "Have you enough room for a squatter?" In the first case, no worry, in the second you'll have to add at least one room to your appartement!!! Your naughty Momo!
Old 17 Jan 2019, 16:01 (Ref:3876750)   #745
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Vegans want to see most animals slaughtered, especially anything to do with farm animals, so that they can talk about raising and murdering more plants.
Its all about 'cutting out the middle man- or animal'. Cows eat grass to produce milk, so the idea is that you remove said cow from the chain, thereby saving the planet from emissions, and we spread grass on our cereal....
Old 17 Jan 2019, 16:05 (Ref:3876752)   #746
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
What about fitting a catalyst to your cows? Would this affect the milk? "On ne peut tout de même pas empêcher les vaches de péter", what!
Old 17 Jan 2019, 16:08 (Ref:3876753)   #747
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Its all about 'cutting out the middle man- or animal'. Cows eat grass to produce milk, so the idea is that you remove said cow from the chain, thereby saving the planet from emissions, and we spread grass on our cereal....

Would that be similar to the grass that some enterprising people used to stir into the mix for their exotic cookies?
Old 17 Jan 2019, 16:42 (Ref:3876760)   #748
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Would that be similar to the grass that some enterprising people used to stir into the mix for their exotic cookies?
No idea about any of that Mike!
Old 17 Jan 2019, 16:49 (Ref:3876764)   #749
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Now Mike are you referring to a notorious Pie Stall Owner?

I'm sure Mrs Viv would never contemplate anything as disgusting at her high end Bun shop.
Old 17 Jan 2019, 16:55 (Ref:3876768)   #750
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I'm sure Mrs Viv would never contemplate anything as disgusting at her high end Bun shop.

Leave Mrs Viv's buns out of this! What have they ever done to you?
Closed Thread