Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Feb 2024, 21:57 (Ref:4196863)   #1726
Ant25
Racer
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 150
Ant25 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
In support news, Hybrid Tune have announced that they won't be running in the Mini Challenge this year.
I know it’s a bit off topic but I think the circuits should play insomnia on the warm up lap!! Get people adrenaline pumping before a race.
Ant25 is offline  
Quote
Old 15 Feb 2024, 22:07 (Ref:4196867)   #1727
Evantra
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
England
Posts: 3,255
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
In support news, Hybrid Tune have announced that they won't be running in the Mini Challenge this year.
So that’s Graves and Hybrid Tune both out of JCWs then… I saw ‘Bitcoin Racing’ are joining to compensate
Evantra is online now  
Quote
Old 15 Feb 2024, 22:10 (Ref:4196868)   #1728
SV8Predator
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 90
SV8Predator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant25 View Post
I think the circuits should play insomnia on the warm up lap!!
What does this mean, exactly???
SV8Predator is offline  
Quote
Old 15 Feb 2024, 22:36 (Ref:4196874)   #1729
MarcusH26
Racer
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Posts: 143
MarcusH26 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I haven't been since pre COVID times so not even sure what the warm up lap music is anymore , last time I went it was Let's Go by Calvin Harris and Ne-Yo.

Insomnia by Faithless would be an interesting choice but it is quite a long song. Maxi Jazz from Faithless was a massive racing fan too.
MarcusH26 is offline  
Quote
Old 15 Feb 2024, 22:43 (Ref:4196875)   #1730
Adamcas87
Racer
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
England
Old hairpin
Posts: 150
Adamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAdamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SV8Predator View Post
What does this mean, exactly???
Bit of fun you wouldn’t understand don’t worry
Adamcas87 is offline  
Quote
Old 16 Feb 2024, 09:32 (Ref:4196900)   #1731
Mike Harte
Veteran
 
Mike Harte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Posts: 5,549
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I can't recall any music played on the warm up lap when we visited either Croft or Oulton, which we've done for the past few years. However, what I do find annoying is that they've often disrupted the commentator during the opening laps and they run the podium ceremonies.

I think that spectators would far rather know what is happening on track at that moment that is out of their view than hearing what happened in the previous race.
Mike Harte is offline  
Quote
Old 16 Feb 2024, 09:35 (Ref:4196901)   #1732
tocatrucky
Racer
 
Join Date: Sep 2022
United Kingdom
Lane 1 of the A1M
Posts: 105
tocatrucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusH26 View Post
Insomnia by Faithless would be an interesting choice but it is quite a long song. Maxi Jazz from Faithless was a massive racing fan too.
He raced on the TOCA package too on Fiestas, and PCC, and David Bartrum looked after Maxi's Sierra Sapphire road car for a long time also.
tocatrucky is offline  
__________________
Not if, but when?
Quote
Old 16 Feb 2024, 16:33 (Ref:4196944)   #1733
redshoes
Veteran
 
redshoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Posts: 8,902
redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
https://us9.campaign-archive.com/?e=...&id=76ee993387
Toyota sign new partnership with Fullriver Battery Group. It's not specifically mentioned but I wonder if they will be (partial) title sponsor
redshoes is online now  
Quote
Old 16 Feb 2024, 18:59 (Ref:4196958)   #1734
InYourMirrors45
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 98
InYourMirrors45 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
https://us9.campaign-archive.com/?e=...&id=76ee993387
Toyota sign new partnership with Fullriver Battery Group. It's not specifically mentioned but I wonder if they will be (partial) title sponsor
All well and good but why don’t they just hurry up and announce the 4th driver, people are getting the right huff.
InYourMirrors45 is online now  
Quote
Old 16 Feb 2024, 19:56 (Ref:4196965)   #1735
ACF_
Racer
 
Join Date: Dec 2023
Posts: 107
ACF_ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by InYourMirrors45 View Post
All well and good but why don’t they just hurry up and announce the 4th driver, people are getting the right huff.
I see what you did there!
ACF_ is online now  
Quote
Old 17 Feb 2024, 08:52 (Ref:4197025)   #1736
Pringles
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 94
Pringles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I can't recall any music played on the warm up lap when we visited either Croft or Oulton, which we've done for the past few years. However, what I do find annoying is that they've often disrupted the commentator during the opening laps and they run the podium ceremonies.

I think that spectators would far rather know what is happening on track at that moment that is out of their view than hearing what happened in the previous race.
At Donnington when I went a few times a few years ago they used Duel by propaganda for the green flag laps. Think they also used it at Rockingham from memory when we went there as well. I think it is used all the time tbh.

I remember trying hard to think what on earth it was after kept hearing it being played. Then I was listening to Radio 2 one day and they played it and mentioned who it was, otherwise to this day I'd still not have worked out who it was. It is recognisable as an 80's child but I don't think it was a massive hit or that well known.

https://youtu.be/7MgNmjR7nKg?si=iF5agF7q4Uilzum4

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk
Pringles is offline  
Quote
Old 17 Feb 2024, 09:35 (Ref:4197028)   #1737
Protonman
Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Posts: 58
Protonman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles View Post
At Donnington when I went a few times a few years ago they used Duel by propaganda for the green flag laps. Think they also used it at Rockingham from memory when we went there as well. I think it is used all the time tbh.

I remember trying hard to think what on earth it was after kept hearing it being played. Then I was listening to Radio 2 one day and they played it and mentioned who it was, otherwise to this day I'd still not have worked out who it was. It is recognisable as an 80's child but I don't think it was a massive hit or that well known.

https://youtu.be/7MgNmjR7nKg?si=iF5agF7q4Uilzum4

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk
I seem to recall the instrumental sections of dual were used on tv for program intros and one such time was when the RAC rally was televised . I was a child of the 70s and don’t remember the song in it’s time but it’s a favourite now. Have you been short circuit racing , intros still exist their . Last time I was at snetterton I don’t recall their use . Would need a long song with its extended length .
Protonman is offline  
Quote
Old 17 Feb 2024, 10:59 (Ref:4197033)   #1738
porsche962fan
Veteran
 
porsche962fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4,433
porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles View Post

https://youtu.be/7MgNmjR7nKg?si=iF5agF7q4Uilzum4

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk
maybe they actually used the cover by Sophie Ellis-Bextor ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHQ5fg_JiPw
porsche962fan is offline  
Quote
Old 17 Feb 2024, 11:18 (Ref:4197036)   #1739
redshoes
Veteran
 
redshoes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Posts: 8,902
redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
BBC Rally coverage used 'Jewelled' from the 'Wishful Thinking' remix album, not 'Duel'.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRpXwvuP6MI

BTCC used the same version for the green flag lap a few times

/pedant
redshoes is online now  
Quote
Old 17 Feb 2024, 11:51 (Ref:4197038)   #1740
kxrolis
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2024
Posts: 1
kxrolis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I can't recall any music played on the warm up lap when we visited either Croft or Oulton, which we've done for the past few years. However, what I do find annoying is that they've often disrupted the commentator during the opening laps and they run the podium ceremonies.

I think that spectators would far rather know what is happening on track at that moment that is out of their view than hearing what happened in the previous race.
I've been to the Brands Hatch weekends for the last couple of years, song of choice was Everybody Wants To Rule The World by Tears For Fears! Although I cannot remember if they played anything at Thruxton last year.
kxrolis is offline  
Quote
Old 17 Feb 2024, 12:46 (Ref:4197044)   #1741
BtccLee
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,131
BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The only seats that don’t seem locked down are the 4th WSR entry, and 3rd PMR. Assuming (as Autosport indicated) Halstead has Hyundai N04, and Huff (as everyone seems to believe) is in the 4th Toyota.

Any thoughts on those two seats? Oddly very little chatter about them.
BtccLee is online now  
Quote
Old 17 Feb 2024, 12:55 (Ref:4197045)   #1742
Evantra
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
England
Posts: 3,255
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BtccLee View Post
Assuming (as Autosport indicated) Halstead has Hyundai N04
Noticed Pearson put up an Instagram post with Halstead today, captioned “look who I bumped into”. Ronan in his race suit and Nick in Bristol Street jackets (not a race suit).

I assume they were both coincidentally at the same track for coaching etc?
Evantra is online now  
Quote
Old 17 Feb 2024, 13:58 (Ref:4197054)   #1743
MarcusH26
Racer
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Posts: 143
MarcusH26 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PMR feels like the hardest to guess as Adam has done a great job of finding drivers from other series . Personally I'd like to see Ash Hand have another go in the Astra but he's another I don't know what he has budget wise.

WSR feels like George Gamble is the obvious move but Autosport were saying otherwise last week and Gamble had options in GTs.
MarcusH26 is offline  
Quote
Old 17 Feb 2024, 23:10 (Ref:4197099)   #1744
Matt K
Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 2,012
Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusH26 View Post
WSR feels like George Gamble is the obvious move but Autosport were saying otherwise last week and Gamble had options in GTs.
Yeah, quite a curious case with Gamble. He seems an ideal candidate for WSR now and there was this rumour regarding Car Gods investing more (but ofc just a rumour and even if true things may have changed since then) but now Gamble's name is rarely among rumoured candidates to remain in the BTCC.

Personally I'd like to see him in the BTCC, last year was quite a letdown but his rookie season showed he could really go well in touring cars but we'll see.
Matt K is offline  
Quote
Old 18 Feb 2024, 10:35 (Ref:4197152)   #1745
MarcusH26
Racer
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Posts: 143
MarcusH26 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Yeah, quite a curious case with Gamble. He seems an ideal candidate for WSR now and there was this rumour regarding Car Gods investing more (but ofc just a rumour and even if true things may have changed since then) but now Gamble's name is rarely among rumoured candidates to remain in the BTCC.

Personally I'd like to see him in the BTCC, last year was quite a letdown but his rookie season showed he could really go well in touring cars but we'll see.

I thought he would have been the perfect fit for WSR, driver that already has experience with the 3 Series and bring substantial sponsorship from Car Gods too. When the expanded Car Gods backing rumour did the rounds I assumed it was for a title sponsor multi car entry somewhere else but that could have changed of course.

I just think the move to FWD for Gamble wasn't ever really going to work out but I definitely think back in RWD he could contend.
MarcusH26 is offline  
Quote
Old 18 Feb 2024, 10:38 (Ref:4197153)   #1746
ACF_
Racer
 
Join Date: Dec 2023
Posts: 107
ACF_ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
So that’s Graves and Hybrid Tune both out of JCWs then… I saw ‘Bitcoin Racing’ are joining to compensate
I'm wondering if either, or both of them, will be planning on using a TBL or 2 from Boardley/Moffatt/One Motorsport?
ACF_ is online now  
Quote
Old 18 Feb 2024, 12:04 (Ref:4197156)   #1747
S griffin
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 18,374
S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACF_ View Post
I'm wondering if either, or both of them, will be planning on using a TBL or 2 from Boardley/Moffatt/One Motorsport?

That I would like to see. Would be nice for Graves to finally join the series
S griffin is offline  
__________________
He who dares wins!
He who hesitates is lost!
Quote
Old 18 Feb 2024, 12:38 (Ref:4197157)   #1748
ACF_
Racer
 
Join Date: Dec 2023
Posts: 107
ACF_ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
That I would like to see. Would be nice for Graves to finally join the series
Definitely. Especially if Max Coates finally gets the seat he deserves in the Championship

Last edited by ACF_; 18 Feb 2024 at 12:49.
ACF_ is online now  
Quote
Old 18 Feb 2024, 14:32 (Ref:4197164)   #1749
Craner Curves
Veteran
 
Craner Curves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
United Kingdom
Kelso
Posts: 4,397
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACF_ View Post
Definitely. Especially if Max Coates finally gets the seat he deserves in the Championship
What's the case for him deserving a seat?
Craner Curves is offline  
Quote
Old 18 Feb 2024, 14:57 (Ref:4197169)   #1750
ACF_
Racer
 
Join Date: Dec 2023
Posts: 107
ACF_ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
What's the case for him deserving a seat?
I just personally think after all his efforts in other championships, it'll be a well deserved move up the ladder for him.

I also think he's a far better driver than some others on the BTCC grid, who are only there because they've got money & not the talent to match
ACF_ is online now  
Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[LM24] Le Mans 2024 - 15/16 June 2024 - Who is Going? Aysedasi 24 Heures du Mans 486 Today 10:03
2024 BTCC Calendar released Pickles Touring Car Racing 20 28 May 2023 21:24
BTCC 2007 News, Rumours, Entries... Alfa Fan Touring Car Racing 722 27 Mar 2007 23:34
BTCC 2006 News, Rumours, Entries... Alfa Fan Touring Car Racing 722 9 Apr 2006 09:16
Rumours more rumours! crazytrain ChampCar World Series 11 7 Oct 2002 17:06


All times are GMT. The time now is 19:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2021 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2021-2022 Grant MacDonald. All Rights Reserved.