Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 24 Feb 2024, 21:08 (Ref:4198126)   #1901
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daverb View Post
Think Crees will be at PMR so that just leaves the WSR seat now.
I doubt it after what Adam Weaver said about issues with drivers & family/sponsors from 2022.
Old 24 Feb 2024, 22:11 (Ref:4198133)   #1902
SV8Predator
Racer

SV8Predator has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daverb View Post
Think Crees will be at PMR so that just leaves the WSR seat now.
That's the seat that Jade's going for.
Old 25 Feb 2024, 09:50 (Ref:4198193)   #1903
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
New company being launched tomorrow called Motorsport Coffee. One of the directors is a Robert Huff. Let's see if that prompts any news this week....
Old 25 Feb 2024, 11:04 (Ref:4198196)   #1904
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
New company being launched tomorrow called Motorsport Coffee. One of the directors is a Robert Huff. Let's see if that prompts any news this week....
Maybe he is driving a Hyundai and that why Excelr8 are launching at Caffine and the Machine?
Old 25 Feb 2024, 11:04 (Ref:4198197)   #1905
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Caffeine and Machine? That place near Stratford Upon Avon? Always been meaning to pop in there.
Old 25 Feb 2024, 11:06 (Ref:4198198)   #1906
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Caffeine and Machine? That place near Stratford Upon Avon? Always been meaning to pop in there.
You might’ve seen but Ingram was doing some kind of competition on Instagram to get an invite to their launch.
Old 25 Feb 2024, 11:11 (Ref:4198200)   #1907
ACF_
Racer

ACF_ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Maybe he is driving a Hyundai and that why Excelr8 are launching at Caffine and the Machine?
Good call
Old 25 Feb 2024, 12:14 (Ref:4198210)   #1908
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Don't you mean a Renault Laguna?
Old 25 Feb 2024, 14:11 (Ref:4198221)   #1909
TinTopGrumpy
Rookie

TinTopGrumpy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That's been around for a while. It's a relaunch rather than a new launch.
Old 26 Feb 2024, 09:05 (Ref:4198294)   #1910
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2024 TBL2024 TeamCarDriverStatus
Excelr8 Motorsport-1Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 Hyundai i30 Fastback N PerformancePearsonConfirmed for 2 years in press release (24&25)
Excelr8 Motorsport-2Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 Hyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceIngramConfirmed in Press Release
Excelr8 Motorsport-3Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 Hyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceChiltonConfirmed in Press Release
Excelr8 Motorsport-4Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 Hyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceHalsteadConfirmed in Press Release
Alliance Racing-1NAPA Racing UKFord Focus STSutton Confirmed in Press Release
Alliance Racing-2NAPA Racing UKFord Focus STCammish Confirmed in Press Release
Alliance Racing-3NAPA Racing UKFord Focus STRowbottom Confirmed in Press Release
Alliance Racing-4NAPA Racing UKFord Focus STOsborne Confirmed in Press Release
West Surrey Racing-1Team BMWBMW 330e M SportTurkingtonDiscussed his 2024 aspirations in interview
West Surrey Racing-2Team BMWBMW 330e M SportMorgan? 
West Surrey Racing-3Team BMWBMW 330e M Sport??? 
West Surrey Racing-4Laser Tools Racing with MB MotorsportBMW 330e M SportHillConfirmed in Press Release
Speedworks Motorsport-1Toyota Gazoo Racing UKToyota Corolla GR Sport WatsonConfirmed in Press Release
Speedworks Motorsport-2Toyota Gazoo Racing UKToyota Corolla GR SportHuff?Team stated they are evaluating the option
Speedworks Motorsport-3LKQ Euro Car Parts with SYNETIQToyota Corolla GR SportCookConfirmed in Press Release
Speedworks Motorsport-4LKQ Euro Car Parts with SYNETIQToyota Corolla GR Sport MoffatConfirmed in Press Release
Power Maxed Racing-1CarStore Power Maxed RacingVauxhall AstraTaylor-SmithConfirmed in Press Release (24&25)
Power Maxed Racing-2CarStore Power Maxed RacingVauxhall AstraDobleConfirmed in Press Release
Power Maxed Racing-3CarStore Power Maxed RacingVauxhall Astra??? 
Restart Racing-1Restart RacingCupra León SmileyConfirmed in Press Release
Restart Racing-2Restart RacingCupra León SumptonConfirmed in Press Release
Aiden Moffat Racing-1????????? 
Aiden Moffat Racing-2????????? 
CBM Racing-1????????? 
One Motorsport-1N/AN/AN/ATaking a ‘pause’ for 2023
One Motorsport-2N/AN/AN/ATaking a ‘pause’ for 2023
One Motorsport-3N/AN/AN/ATaking a ‘pause’ for 2023
Other Rumours    
?????????HamiltonSpoke to ITV stating he is working on a deal
?????????ThompsonStated he is confident of being on the grid, and supported by Team Dynamics

Key:
Green/Bold – Confirmed in a press release since the start of 2023 season
Green – Confirmed in a press release prior to 2023 season
Amber – Indicated as happening by comments from official sources
Blue – Rumoured in multiple sources[/QUOTE]
Old 26 Feb 2024, 09:23 (Ref:4198297)   #1911
Pit Lane Lurker
Rookie

Pit Lane Lurker has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Can someone shed some light on who actually OWNS the TD Civics used by one Motorsport last year?

Have seen it suggested that One actually bought the cars from TD - but I was under the impression they went back to TD at the end of last year - I was actually sure I read that they went back in a TD truck straight from Brands at the end of the season?!

I note that One have said they are spending this year developing the civic - but I guess that could be their ‘old’ car….

Can anyone say for sure who actually owns the TD Civics?
Old 26 Feb 2024, 09:47 (Ref:4198300)   #1912
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Lane Lurker View Post
Can someone shed some light on who actually OWNS the TD Civics used by one Motorsport last year?

Have seen it suggested that One actually bought the cars from TD - but I was under the impression they went back to TD at the end of last year - I was actually sure I read that they went back in a TD truck straight from Brands at the end of the season?!

I note that One have said they are spending this year developing the civic - but I guess that could be their ‘old’ car….

Can anyone say for sure who actually owns the TD Civics?
I'd like to know that too. I think we can say the Brands story seems a bit of a long stretch. If leased it's not like One could have sold them or that they could have been nabbed by a bailiff.

In the Autosport article it says that they are continuing with the NBE engines -which the TD cars have been developed around, and in the Touring Car Magazine interview with Cook/Edwards about the One Civic being very different to the TD one in many ways, you'd expect them to want to start with the TD machines to work with those engines. But, if the TD cars are as bad as Cook/Edwards reckoned maybe One have a plan to go in a different direction to TD with the engines/Chassis package.

Hopefully they won't be following TD in how long they are going on sabbatical....
Old 26 Feb 2024, 09:56 (Ref:4198304)   #1913
SV8Predator
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffinpilot View Post
Hopefully they won't be following TD in how long they are going on sabbatical....

You won't see them again.

They've got no cars, no drivers, and all their key management left last year.
Old 26 Feb 2024, 10:09 (Ref:4198308)   #1914
ACF_
Racer

ACF_ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffinpilot View Post
I'd like to know that too. I think we can say the Brands story seems a bit of a long stretch. If leased it's not like One could have sold them or that they could have been nabbed by a bailiff.

In the Autosport article it says that they are continuing with the NBE engines -which the TD cars have been developed around, and in the Touring Car Magazine interview with Cook/Edwards about the One Civic being very different to the TD one in many ways, you'd expect them to want to start with the TD machines to work with those engines. But, if the TD cars are as bad as Cook/Edwards reckoned maybe One have a plan to go in a different direction to TD with the engines/Chassis package.

I wonder if they're taking a year out so they can concentrate on developing the new FL5 Civic for next year, either with or without TD? Just a thought
Old 26 Feb 2024, 10:14 (Ref:4198310)   #1915
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by SV8Predator View Post

None of those are definitive reasons that prevent a BTCC team returning in the future.
Old 26 Feb 2024, 10:35 (Ref:4198315)   #1916
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACF_ View Post
I wonder if they're taking a year out so they can concentrate on developing the new FL5 Civic for next year, either with or without TD? Just a thought
Honda UK aren't interested, so there's no point.
Old 26 Feb 2024, 12:33 (Ref:4198329)   #1917
TinTopGrumpy
Rookie

Quote:

Do you mean One or TD?
Old 26 Feb 2024, 14:38 (Ref:4198356)   #1918
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Honda UK aren't interested, so there's no point.
Plus the car is no longer Swindon built and getting shells from Japan is a non runner so the only way is to strip a roadcar like the SEATS whi must be v expensive
Old 26 Feb 2024, 16:00 (Ref:4198357)   #1919
SV8Predator
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinTopGrumpy View Post
Do you mean One or TD?

One.
Old 26 Feb 2024, 16:01 (Ref:4198360)   #1920
TinTopGrumpy
Rookie

Quote:
One.
They have cars though. They said they were going to spend the year developing them.
Old 26 Feb 2024, 16:14 (Ref:4198362)   #1921
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:

Steve Dudman: "We won’t be downing tools as we have clear programme of work that we want to carry out on both our chassis’, aero and cooling systems together with our engine programmes this year with our highly respected partners NBE [...] Finally, I’d like to thank Alan Gow and TOCA for their understanding and guidance on this matter."

If they didn't have the cars, do you think Mr Gow would be happy for the story to be published in that way?
Old 26 Feb 2024, 17:36 (Ref:4198375)   #1922
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

They still have the BTC Honda’s, just not the TD ones from record.
Old 26 Feb 2024, 19:10 (Ref:4198385)   #1923
techspeed
Rookie

techspeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can anybody elaborate on what BTC/their drivers said they struggled with or didn't like about the Team Dynamics's Civics they were driving last season?
Old 26 Feb 2024, 19:20 (Ref:4198389)   #1924
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by techspeed View Post
Can anybody elaborate on what BTC/their drivers said they struggled with or didn't like about the Team Dynamics's Civics they were driving last season?
Balance & weight distribution. Didn’t work with their set-ups, plus the extra hybrid weight was causing them to struggle with finding a sweet spot. They couldn’t get the car dialled in as they’d managed with their Civic’s.
Old 26 Feb 2024, 19:33 (Ref:4198393)   #1925
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
There was a not insignificant difference in weight between the TOCA and Neil Brown engines. I forget which was heavier. That doesn't change the overall weight of the car as they just added/removed ballast, but did change the weight distribution so none of the previous set-up data worked.