Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 Feb 2024, 04:49 (Ref:4197140)   #251
HDTVKSS
Veteran

HDTVKSS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting that Supercars is somewhat leaning into with the ads during the 12 hour stating that ‘a new champion will be crowned’….
Old 18 Feb 2024, 05:05 (Ref:4197141)   #252
v8supes
Veteran

v8supes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well he cant win it again if hes not driving?
Old 18 Feb 2024, 08:08 (Ref:4197145)   #253
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTVKSS View Post
Interesting that Supercars is somewhat leaning into with the ads during the 12 hour stating that ‘a new champion will be crowned’….
A new champion is crowned every year. Might be the same person as a previous year or years but every year is a "new champion".
Old 19 Feb 2024, 03:18 (Ref:4197216)   #254
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Noticed that “new champion will be crowned” line during the 12 hour. Frosty and JC are the only previous champ full timers and they’re both unlikely so I also took it to as Supercars leaning into a 1st time champion being crowned.
Old 19 Feb 2024, 03:37 (Ref:4197218)   #255
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No footage of SVG or Brodie in any of the TV promos that I saw during the 12 hour.

Season 2024 ground zero for supercars, wipe the ghosts of the past!

Wonder what the commentary TV have briefed to talk about and not talk about over the weekend?
Old 19 Feb 2024, 05:06 (Ref:4197223)   #256
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Old 19 Feb 2024, 05:08 (Ref:4197224)   #257
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Has a retro look about it.

Who uses a colour scheme like that?

Supercheap?
Old 19 Feb 2024, 05:16 (Ref:4197225)   #258
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Old 19 Feb 2024, 05:25 (Ref:4197226)   #259
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
BIC, Grays Online?

Figures, they've had the red pen out and had a major clearance lately!
Old 19 Feb 2024, 05:41 (Ref:4197227)   #260
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looks very Belgian!
Old 19 Feb 2024, 06:15 (Ref:4197229)   #261
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post

Supercheap?
Chickadee?
Old 19 Feb 2024, 06:21 (Ref:4197230)   #262
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Red a tribute to former sponsor Coke?

Black a tribute to the dark days ahead?

Yellow representing the sun setting on the championship year in 2023?
Old 19 Feb 2024, 07:36 (Ref:4197234)   #263
V8fan12
Rookie

New Zealand
New Zealand
V8fan12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post

Supercheap?

TFH Hire Services is sponsoring Hazelwood in Trans Am so maybe them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19 View Post
Chickadee?

They have used a Chickadee inspired retro livery before - https://www.foxsports.com.au/motorsp...9e72a88f94a658

Last edited by V8fan12; 19 Feb 2024 at 07:49.
Old 19 Feb 2024, 08:00 (Ref:4197237)   #264
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8fan12 View Post
They have used a Chickadee inspired retro livery before - https://www.foxsports.com.au/motorsp...9e72a88f94a658
Interesting read. Thanks.
Old 19 Feb 2024, 12:17 (Ref:4197268)   #265
Kixx
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne, VIC
Kixx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It’s just the same as the testing livery but with red and yellow highlights isn’t it?
Old 19 Feb 2024, 22:00 (Ref:4197368)   #266
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BIC is perfect!
Pens for the emergency tracheotomy when tension is so high that you can't breathe.
Lighters - Because Brodie got burnt
Old 21 Feb 2024, 06:07 (Ref:4197556)   #267
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
A new title branding..

If it sticks for the year, it might retain the pilot of #99 to that seat for the whole year.
Surprised they didn’t add Motull to this as well
Old 21 Feb 2024, 06:16 (Ref:4197558)   #268
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Perhaps not quite as pretty as last years…
Old 21 Feb 2024, 06:32 (Ref:4197559)   #269
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
While the pilot of #87 had a visor change

To

Old 21 Feb 2024, 06:33 (Ref:4197560)   #270
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
A new title branding..
Are we going to see BJR style rotating sponsors?
Old 21 Feb 2024, 07:51 (Ref:4197566)   #271
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 21 Feb 2024, 08:58 (Ref:4197578)   #272
Ares
Racer

Ares should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There has been a couple of stories going around about what has gone down, one in particular I like. This one ticks pretty much all the boxes nice and clean. We will never get the truth, I'm not sure if or how much Supercars knew about the goings on, and when? If a scandal happened, would Supercars really want to get to the bottom of it? or just make it go away as quickly and quietly as possible. For me it's No2. I have a feeling the two cars won't be as quick this year. Pity the drivers are both new to the team, they will just get the blame. All I know is I can smell a rat, and it's going to buried somewhere where no one can find it.
Old 21 Feb 2024, 09:24 (Ref:4197580)   #273
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares View Post
There has been a couple of stories going around about what has gone down, one in particular I like. This one ticks pretty much all the boxes nice and clean. We will never get the truth, I'm not sure if or how much Supercars knew about the goings on, and when? If a scandal happened, would Supercars really want to get to the bottom of it? or just make it go away as quickly and quietly as possible. For me it's No2. I have a feeling the two cars won't be as quick this year. Pity the drivers are both new to the team, they will just get the blame. All I know is I can smell a rat, and it's going to buried somewhere where no one can find it.
Which unproven, scandalous allegation that nobody in V8Supercar data acquisition, in scrutineering, in other teams’ nosey neighbour activities failed to find an alleged source for?

Complaining a car is faster than yours in a parity category often leads to all kinds of innuendo and corrupt thought.. often without a grounding in provable possibilities… and gleefully ignoring the checks and balances in place to assure technical compliance with the rules…

As ever… to the people making the allegations out in the world, put up or shut up.
Old 21 Feb 2024, 19:40 (Ref:4197670)   #274
Ares
Racer

Ares should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Which unproven, scandalous allegation that nobody in V8Supercar data acquisition, in scrutineering, in other teams’ nosey neighbour activities failed to find an alleged source for?

Complaining a car is faster than yours in a parity category often leads to all kinds of innuendo and corrupt thought.. often without a grounding in provable possibilities… and gleefully ignoring the checks and balances in place to assure technical compliance with the rules…

As ever… to the people making the allegations out in the world, put up or shut up.
That's why it's just a story, as I said there are a few going round. There are a number of things that don't add up. Naming Sponsors all running for cover from their championship team? plus the Championship driver. And a car that the designers of couldn't match with the No1 driver in the series? for most of the year. Do you think this is Brodie and Barry having words? There is more to this story. Supercars data acquisition? This is Supercars not NASA, do you think they are that good,2019 - 2023 would say probably not. You would be surprised even shocked what goes on at the track that we never see or even hear about. It is a little world of it own. Also the STORIES I referred to came from established people not the guy next door. That's not to say any are true of cause. Just a comment, put your gun away.
Old 21 Feb 2024, 19:43 (Ref:4197671)   #275
Vassago
Rookie

Vassago should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is Hazelwood's car from the TransAm season opener at Sandown so it's anyone's guess if the Supercars entry will look similar.