Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 9 Aug 2019, 19:45 (Ref:3922128)   #1
justracing
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
British Superbikes 2019

Just caught up with last weekend's racing from Thruxton, great action from the fastest circuit in the UK. BSB is technically a world apart from both WSBK and MotoGP but for me I think the racing without the benefit of all the electronic aids makes it far more competitive and judging by the spectator attendance they agree. That in itself makes it all the more impressive for riders like Tommy Bridewell jumping from one series to another.
There's an interesting parallel with open wheel formulae in race cars with F1 being so far removed from any vehicle that you're ever likely to drive on the road, the best open wheel circuit racing for me is FF1600's which fortunately is relatively cheap to attend.
Every BSB meeting I manage to attend is incredibly well supported with pretty knowledgeable fans and the results so far this year reflect the competitive nature of the series with the changes in rostrum places. Superb races from Thruxton, great 1st time win for Irwin on the Honda, roll on Cadwell!
Old 10 Aug 2019, 09:16 (Ref:3922174)   #2
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
I agree, BSB has had some great racing this season. And Scott Redding has really taken to the series like the proverbial duck to water.
Old 11 Aug 2019, 17:57 (Ref:3922318)   #3
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Just caught up with last weekend's racing from Thruxton, great action from the fastest circuit in the UK. BSB is technically a world apart from both WSBK and MotoGP but for me I think the racing without the benefit of all the electronic aids makes it far more competitive and judging by the spectator attendance they agree. That in itself makes it all the more impressive for riders like Tommy Bridewell jumping from one series to another.
There's an interesting parallel with open wheel formulae in race cars with F1 being so far removed from any vehicle that you're ever likely to drive on the road, the best open wheel circuit racing for me is FF1600's which fortunately is relatively cheap to attend.
Every BSB meeting I manage to attend is incredibly well supported with pretty knowledgeable fans and the results so far this year reflect the competitive nature of the series with the changes in rostrum places. Superb races from Thruxton, great 1st time win for Irwin on the Honda, roll on Cadwell!
The Thruxton races were pretty good. The bikes looked spectacular around Church corner. Incidentally, is it possible to view racing action at Thruxton outside of the main spectator areas around the complex? Is it possible to get out in the countryside (legally) to see things going flat out?
Old 11 Aug 2019, 19:53 (Ref:3922335)   #4
justracing
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa View Post
Is it possible to get out in the countryside (legally) to see things going flat out?
No. Beyond the spectating areas at the complex you can walk to the top of the hill overlooking Seagrave and the run up to Noble but there is no public access beyond that point. So Goodwood, Village, Church, Brooklands and the run up Woodham Hill back to the chicane are all prohibited areas. If you stand high up on the hill overlooking Campbell/Cobb/Seagrave you can see right across to the other side of the circuit and you can look back to Allard as well but sadly that's it.
Old 12 Aug 2019, 08:08 (Ref:3922384)   #5
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!S griffin has a real shot at the championship!
I did think you had to be a marshal to watch from those areas
Old 12 Aug 2019, 19:05 (Ref:3922480)   #6
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
No. Beyond the spectating areas at the complex you can walk to the top of the hill overlooking Seagrave and the run up to Noble but there is no public access beyond that point. So Goodwood, Village, Church, Brooklands and the run up Woodham Hill back to the chicane are all prohibited areas. If you stand high up on the hill overlooking Campbell/Cobb/Seagrave you can see right across to the other side of the circuit and you can look back to Allard as well but sadly that's it.
Thank you. It's a bit of a shame but I suspected that was probably the case.