Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 3 Sep 2020, 17:20 (Ref:3999873)   #2526
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He was in your garden so surely you must know.
Old 3 Sep 2020, 17:28 (Ref:3999875)   #2527
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
He was in your garden so surely you must know.
Scratching my head on this one Peter as I raced with one and a personal friend with the other
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 3 Sep 2020, 17:58 (Ref:3999880)   #2528
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotustwincam View Post
I did not know the sisters, but I think I knew a distant cousin, Ann Braketurn.
Ha yes, I see…*Was she related to the O'Illeak family? Or was it MacUloch can't say…
Old 3 Sep 2020, 19:01 (Ref:3999894)   #2529
lotustwincam
Rookie

United Kingdom
lotustwincam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Scratching my head on this one Peter as I raced with one and a personal friend with the other
I recon its Les Weller as his wheels made my minivan and cortina mk2 estate handle and look better back in the 70S
Old 3 Sep 2020, 20:03 (Ref:3999907)   #2530
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotustwincam View Post
I recon its Les Weller as his wheels made my minivan and cortina mk2 estate handle and look better back in the 70S
Correct, he actually hasn't changed a lot over the years, I still have my hair but the beard has gone white. The guy on the right is one of my best mates who incidentally was my wife's old boyfriend and our best man !
This was taken in Mojacar Spain in 1972
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mojacar 1972.png
Views:	5
Size:	525.1 KB
ID:	63955
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 3 Sep 2020, 21:28 (Ref:3999925)   #2531
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Double post
Gordon, once was more more than enough thank you!
Old 3 Sep 2020, 21:30 (Ref:3999926)   #2532
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It isn't Jeremy Rossiter, so Mr Weller?
Old 3 Sep 2020, 22:19 (Ref:3999931)   #2533
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
It isn't Jeremy Rossiter, so Mr Weller?
Yes Mr Wheels himself, I remember him working at Lola cars in the 60s
Old 4 Sep 2020, 04:53 (Ref:3999951)   #2534
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Strange he does look like Tony Law's cousin, TLE the best steel exhaust manifolds on the planet.
C'est une coutume touchante quoique assez étrange to keep wife's former boy friend around, just in case you dont find your blue pills. But if he was her best, that's OK.
In France, when the "break the glass in case of" mode is turned on, we like to keep an eye on a bride's sister. Only if she's young and pretty, we are gentlemen ya no. Always ready to serve and protect. And to serve well!

Bob, one four you: who took the pic and what are they smoking?
Old 4 Sep 2020, 05:52 (Ref:3999954)   #2535
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
More worrying is that Gordon appears to be hugging the three bottles of wine . 🙄
Old 4 Sep 2020, 10:17 (Ref:4000013)   #2536
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Spot on delta! As the said bottles look empty, waiting for next pic when Gordon is hugging two girls and a boy! Happy day!!
Old 4 Sep 2020, 14:09 (Ref:4000056)   #2537
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Ana slightly more serious mode, we are experiencing some issues with steel particular parts, springs and brake discs. As to the last ones can you recommend a brand, some coming already twisted out of the box… For an E-Type for instance.
Old 4 Sep 2020, 20:18 (Ref:4000114)   #2538
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
My thoughts are with “dudda” at this time having seen on FB that his father Patrick Passed away earlier today . I remember my first tine racing FFord at Pau many years ago and Patrick made me very welcome and we have remained good friends since . RIP my French friend .
Old 4 Sep 2020, 20:48 (Ref:4000117)   #2539
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ouch. Haven't seen this but yes condolences to Louis. RIP Patrick.
Old 4 Sep 2020, 21:56 (Ref:4000134)   #2540
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Ana slightly more serious mode, we are experiencing some issues with steel particular parts, springs and brake discs. As to the last ones can you recommend a brand, some coming already twisted out of the box… For an E-Type for instance.
Could they "possibly" be of Chinese Manufacture ? there are a lot of cheap inferior parts out there that are being "rebranded" in fake manufacturers boxes and sold at inflated prices. It's been happening with just about everything else including official approved seat belts and racing overalls unfortunately.
Old 5 Sep 2020, 04:32 (Ref:4000156)   #2541
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Could they "possibly" be of Chinese Manufacture ? there are a lot of cheap inferior parts out there that are being "rebranded" in fake manufacturers boxes and sold at inflated prices. It's been happening with just about everything else including official approved seat belts and racing overalls unfortunately.
Did you see the video of a guy crashing and the harness, labeled OMP failing Gordon. Cheap cast alloy fixings used for all ends of the harness. Luckily the guy was OK apart from being ****ed off by his straight out of the box purchase.
China really needs some heavy sanctions placed upon it!
So much of their crap flooding eBay and Amazon. Let alone what they have caused with this bloody virus!
Old 5 Sep 2020, 05:35 (Ref:4000159)   #2542
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Agree with you both Gordon and Terence the guy making the leaf springs says he's rather buy old ones because its impossible to source proper steel. For the Capri I found Maxtorq are good value for money and dont warp easily.
Old 5 Sep 2020, 09:02 (Ref:4000180)   #2543
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post
Did you see the video of a guy crashing and the harness, labeled OMP failing Gordon. Cheap cast alloy fixings used for all ends of the harness. Luckily the guy was OK apart from being ****ed off by his straight out of the box purchase.
China really needs some heavy sanctions placed upon it!
So much of their crap flooding eBay and Amazon. Let alone what they have caused with this bloody virus!
It would appear that the bloke bought the harness for €40 !! perhaps that might have sent out warning signals ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QHMY75DFJM
Old 5 Sep 2020, 10:24 (Ref:4000189)   #2544
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Ouch, that should be a warning that safety devices like that should be checked beforehand to make sure they are not faulty
Old 5 Sep 2020, 10:33 (Ref:4000192)   #2545
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
They are checked before hand. We have to be scrutineered at every race. Currently we self scrutineer but that just means we check them and confirm before turning up at the race. However I don't know anyone who would buy a harness for 40 euros when the cheapest on the market is around £150.00 and expect it to be genuine.
Old 5 Sep 2020, 11:19 (Ref:4000208)   #2546
lotustwincam
Rookie

United Kingdom
lotustwincam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It would appear that the bloke bought the harness for €40 !! perhaps that might have sent out warning signals ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QHMY75DFJM
Looks like he probably got his brake parts from the same place!!
Old 5 Sep 2020, 11:48 (Ref:4000210)   #2547
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
However I don't know anyone who would buy a harness for 40 euros when the cheapest on the market is around £150.00 and expect it to be genuine.
Agreed! But in now way I know a safe method to test a harness myself prior to mounting. Just rely on a known and reknowed brand, Schröth in my case, and check the presence of the official label/hologram. After that…
Old 5 Sep 2020, 12:09 (Ref:4000216)   #2548
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Indeed Gerard but as you say, we know what to look for.
Old 5 Sep 2020, 12:42 (Ref:4000226)   #2549
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
They are checked before hand. We have to be scrutineered at every race. Currently we self scrutineer but that just means we check them and confirm before turning up at the race. However I don't know anyone who would buy a harness for 40 euros when the cheapest on the market is around £150.00 and expect it to be genuine.
Agreed, On the other hand I had a genuine set that had been used about 10 times by me and never involved in any crashes but were just out of date.
A bloke in a local garage asked me if I had a harness to use in a track day car and I said I have one of the best genuine ones but out of date by a month and you can have it for 20 quid, he said I can buy a new one for under 50 quid off the internet ! I said well it will be crap compared to one for that price but he went ahead
Old 5 Sep 2020, 12:45 (Ref:4000228)   #2550
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Which brings me to another subject. I have two out of date helmets. Do I stick em on ebay with the usual caveats or do I bin them?