Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 12 Jun 2015, 11:15 (Ref:3547897)   #1
Rubio
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Rubio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2015 WTCC Race of Slovakia

Track info:
http://www.fiawtcc.com/event/race-of-slovakia-2015/

And short preview:
http://www.fiawtcc.com/race-preview-...s-to-slovakia/

Well, as mentioned before, Girolami and Catsburg confirmed for Slovakia and with Homola it should bring the entry list up to 19 cars which is good. I believe Hondas and Ladas will be much heavier this time though, so it should be a Citroen weekend
Old 19 Jun 2015, 12:11 (Ref:3552131)   #2
Rubio
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
http://www.touringcartimes.com/2015/...n-in-slovakia/

I have to admit i'm impressed both by Lada and Girolami (only 1,7 sec in his first running in the car). BTW, Lopez had a major off in Turn 6
Old 19 Jun 2015, 13:01 (Ref:3552143)   #3
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm happy to see a mixed grid thus far. It ain't qualifying yet of course, but it most certainly isn't a Citroën show.
Old 20 Jun 2015, 14:08 (Ref:3552431)   #4
Rubio
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Is that the return of the real Yvan Muller? Hopefully yes, it's great to see someone giving the fight to Lopez. Great job by Homola too
Old 20 Jun 2015, 14:45 (Ref:3552443)   #5
Rubio
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Hey, Eurosport graphics sucks for SIXTH consecutive round. Is it impossible to sort it out? Absolutely rubbish
Old 21 Jun 2015, 12:35 (Ref:3552693)   #6
Rubio
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Just as the racing was getting interesting, Citroen started to play in their team formation games. These were amongst the most boring races of WTCC I've ever seen
Old 21 Jun 2015, 18:47 (Ref:3552779)   #7
Metzo
Racer

Germany
Berlin
Metzo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
dissapointing round, don't expect more for france next weekend
Old 21 Jun 2015, 19:28 (Ref:3552803)   #8
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio View Post
Just as the racing was getting interesting, Citroen started to play in their team formation games. These were amongst the most boring races of WTCC I've ever seen
Now im almost glad Eurosport cancelled race 1 coverage in the UK to show Tennis..
Old 21 Jun 2015, 20:24 (Ref:3552815)   #9
Rubio
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metzo View Post
dissapointing round, don't expect more for france next weekend
Obviously I expect Honda and a few Chevys (namely Valente) to do much better there, the track shouldn't really suit Citroen that much, has a tight and twisty section like Moscow. Much depends on the weight, I believe it should be somewhere about Citroen +60, Honda +30, Chevy and Lada +20. Well, hopefully it will be a Citroen show just in Race 1
Old 21 Jun 2015, 20:53 (Ref:3552818)   #10
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
At this rate we're gonna go back to multi class touring cars :P
Old 21 Jun 2015, 21:15 (Ref:3552822)   #11
Metzo
Racer

Germany
Berlin
Metzo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
would be better if they gave extra weight only to the worksteams and not the independent teams as well.
Old 22 Jun 2015, 00:18 (Ref:3552858)   #12
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
López didn't done that bad, considering he finished 2nd in both races... Good debut for Girolami, when he got his first WTCC points.
Old 22 Jun 2015, 18:27 (Ref:3553112)   #13
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Not yet able to watch the races.

This season LADA finally having joned Honda and Chevy in terms of speed.
Still some reliability issues but I am sure that will be solved.
Also good to see several drivers test the LADA so they can put together a good lineup for next year.
Old 22 Jun 2015, 20:32 (Ref:3553145)   #14
keviiinn
Rookie

United States
New York, USA
keviiinn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
was definitely one of the worst races of the year. getting very very tired of seeing the Citroens toy with everyone. they should get maximum ballast and everyone else should have the minimum.

it's too bad we don't have RML + a manufacturer in the series anymore. we need a top driver with a top car, not this Honda crap with a second rate car and second rate drivers (aside from Norbi). I would have loved to see what Pechito can do with the RML Cruze, for example.

Honda should be embarrassed that Lada and even the privateer RML Chevrolets are putting up more of a fight to Citroen than they are.
Old 22 Jun 2015, 21:02 (Ref:3553151)   #15
Rubio
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Quote:
Originally Posted by keviiinn View Post

it's too bad we don't have RML + a manufacturer in the series anymore. we need a top driver with a top car, not this Honda crap with a second rate car and second rate drivers (aside from Norbi).

Honda should be embarrassed that Lada and even the privateer RML Chevrolets are putting up more of a fight to Citroen than they are.
Totally agree. I think Lada can be a championship contender in 2016 in the drivers championship already, while Honda, unless they do something to their line up (come on, add that 3rd factory car!!!) might be behind everyone. Just having former F1 drivers means nothing now, times have changed
Old 23 Jun 2015, 15:13 (Ref:3553364)   #16
keviiinn
Rookie

United States
New York, USA
keviiinn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio View Post
Totally agree. I think Lada can be a championship contender in 2016 in the drivers championship already, while Honda, unless they do something to their line up (come on, add that 3rd factory car!!!) might be behind everyone. Just having former F1 drivers means nothing now, times have changed
Tarquini and Monteiro are good drivers, but they're not as good as Michelisz and definitely not in the same class as Muller or Lopez. A factory team with big money should have top drivers. and JAS has built a terrible car that is now possibly the worst car in the field.
Old 23 Jun 2015, 18:17 (Ref:3553415)   #17
GusGasfuss
Racer

Germany
Ravensburg, Germany
GusGasfuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by keviiinn View Post
Tarquini and Monteiro are good drivers, but they're not as good as Michelisz and definitely not in the same class as Muller or Lopez. A factory team with big money should have top drivers. and JAS has built a terrible car that is now possibly the worst car in the field.
I agree with the car, but i don't think, that Muller and Lopez could do more in a Honda.
Of course it is much easier, to drive a car that is extremely far out of reach.

In addition, it looks like it is the same problem like with DTM...its easier to find the last second, if you are coming from gaming (Playstation) than from driving real cars...
Old 26 Jun 2015, 17:28 (Ref:3554107)   #18
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Sometimes I have the feeling Citroen is playing with the others. If they really need they have an overdrive button.