Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 27 Jun 2015, 13:09 (Ref:3554231)   #1
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
SEAT delivers 100th León Cup car

Quote:
SEAT Sport have delivered their 100th León Cup Racer, which represents the basis of the TCR rules, in Abrera, Spain.

The car was launched only fourteen months ago, and the delivery of the 100th car testifies the success of the León Cup Racer, which can not only be used in the TCR framework, but also in the SEAT Eurocup, and also makes up the current top tier of the FIA European Touring Car Cup.
http://www.touringcartimes.com/2015/...0th-leon-racer

Already 100 cars. After the previous successful Leon Supercopa car another success for SEAT.

Don't understand why other manufacturers don't do the same. Doesn't cost much but still good PR so good ROI.

Renault has the Clio Cup. But why didn't Opel/Vauxhall the same wit the Opel Astra OPC. Instead the car was Nordschleife only. Or struggling manufacturer Alfa with the Giulietta?

Of course with TCR maybe other manufacturers will follow SEAT.
Old 27 Jun 2015, 13:16 (Ref:3554233)   #2
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
http://www.touringcartimes.com/2015/...0th-leon-racer

Already 100 cars. After the previous successful Leon Supercopa car another success for SEAT.

Don't understand why other manufacturers don't do the same. Doesn't cost much but still good PR so good ROI.

Renault has the Clio Cup. But why didn't Opel/Vauxhall the same wit the Opel Astra OPC. Instead the car was Nordschleife only. Or struggling manufacturer Alfa with the Giulietta?

Of course with TCR maybe other manufacturers will follow SEAT.
I think what we have seen with those customer cars is that manufacturers are trying to stay out of each other's way with those turn key cars and rather find their own niches. Most likely because two cars in the same niche would mean actual competition and development expenses cutting into your profit margin.
I suppose BMW could have easily made the 235 Cup slot in right at the pace of the Seat, but they really have only very little to gain with that.

As for Opel - the cars aren't built in-house but by Kissling, and I guess they have their plates full with supplying the cars that are out there already. I don't think they ever had a bigger fleet of customer than they have right now.

Last edited by Speed-King; 27 Jun 2015 at 13:35.
Old 27 Jun 2015, 13:26 (Ref:3554234)   #3
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Correct me if I am wrong but Opel hired Kissling to do the job. They could hire a bigger company.

And maybe manufacturers are indeed friendly against each other.